Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 110   Go Down

Author Topic: What has P*ssed you off today?  (Read 141627 times)

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Re: What has P*ssed you off today?
« Reply #945 on: 27 August 2023, 14:47:51 »

We let our 16 year old Grandson set up computer phone etc for us , neither of us have a clue he sorts it all in a matter of minutes 👍
:( I'm now turning into my parents , the kids sort out the Phone , PC etc , even the bloody washing machine looks like something out of Star Wars  :(

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: 27 August 2023, 15:25:10 »

We let our 16 year old Grandson set up computer phone etc for us , neither of us have a clue he sorts it all in a matter of minutes 👍
:( I'm now turning into my parents , the kids sort out the Phone , PC etc , even the bloody washing machine looks like something out of Star Wars  :(

You're damn right I even said to my Grandson in the car yesterday "Turn the music down I can't hear myself think" exactly what my father used to say to me" 😂
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: 27 August 2023, 15:46:35 »

Skrunts - insert the driver CD that mobo manufacturers put in the box into the large receptacle that the council come and empty

Still not sorted the GPU, but no panic on that at least managed to get it running in 1080.

Got office sorted after installing some added drivers and/or using a differnt office Disk.  That was the panic as I work a lot using Excel etc.

My habbits from learning the hard way is to setup Windows using 2 partitions and once installed then moving the "My Docs" to another drive, (The 1st virus my PC ever got when a mate brought Win95 round to try (the only virus I ever suffered at that - corrupted all the files on drive C: but nothing on the other drives - learnt a lesson never to use/try dodgy s/w) (Metro virus I think it was)  Then I usually add all the drivers req into a folder rather than have to dig out setup disks.

Nvidea is detecting the card, but options are for the gaming software version for a laptop (and US ver - not sure if that should make a difference)  But scrapping the Nvidea site for now and off to try a download from the Asus site to see what happens. (Nvidea is giving a DCH error (I think it is))

Getting old is stressfull, I used to do this sort thing all the time building and sorting PC's for friends.  But technoly has changed and i just have not kept up with it.

Thankyou all for the help :y
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: 27 August 2023, 15:55:12 »

A Win10/11 build on a reasonably modern PC shouldn't take more than about 15mins for the OS, and 30mins for all the applications you might be using (with MS Office taking the bulk of the time on its own), then restoring your data (assuming you are too tight or have too much dodgy stuff not to use cloud storage).

Didnt realise how old the Mobo was, Z370 I held on and on at the time for the Z470 but got fed up of waiting.

Now looking at the Z790 but there is no imediate rush as the Z890 is looming with a tototally new socket layout from what I have read.

Saying that all the parts are in the shopping basket online to build a 13900K system vith a view that GPU prices might come down one day :-\

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: 27 August 2023, 18:57:23 »

Got office sorted after installing some added drivers and/or using a differnt office Disk.  That was the panic as I work a lot using Excel etc.
As you mention Excel, I assume you mean MS Office.  Ignoring Microsoft 365 which obviously needs a working network, Ms Office never needs any drivers  :(, so no idea what you are doing.

By modern PC, I mean anything from about the late noughties, so Intel Core i3/i5/i7, though ideally with SSD.  In fact, only last week I had to rebuild a Sandy Bridge (so circa 2012) i5 for somebody. Win 10 installed in about 10 minutes, with all required drivers ;)

I don't buy into the partitioning crap.  That's just going to cause restore issues, with zero benefits.  That's every bit as dumb ass as using a VPN for "security".
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: 27 August 2023, 18:59:04 »

I went to weld something this afternoon, and discovered I'm missing a load of my welding equipment, and welding tools (like the right angle magnets, and wide clamps etc). And the cheap mask that came with the welder itself, as my auto mask appears to be non functional.
Grumpy old man

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: 27 August 2023, 20:55:39 »

As you mention Excel, I assume you mean MS Office.  Ignoring Microsoft 365 which obviously needs a working network, Ms Office never needs any drivers  :(, so no idea what you are doing.

I thought the same, I normally only install Word and Excel bypasing all the extras.

This time I installed the standard setup with all the extras.  Think its about time  I learnt how to use Acess and have a play with Publisher. ::)

Back to the GPU, seems I am not the problem, its a driver issue reported all over the net.  Nvidea led me (Auto detect) to believe I had a 4060 RTX OC and was offering Laptop drivers.  I actually have the 3060 12GB OC RTX but the same issue with the drivers (and the ASUS drivers same issue) :(

The Windows is installed on a Samsung EVO M2 thing (Partitioned in to 2) then the other drives are the basic 7200 rpm WD HD's

Have solved the problem regards the GPU I bought an Intel powered one to try from Acer and got some discount. :y

I have been aquiring parts over a period of time and have a WD Black SN850X 2TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME PCI-E Gen4 ready for the next  build so the RTX can go in that (Or get sold)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: 27 August 2023, 21:04:02 »

I don't buy into the partitioning crap.  That's just going to cause restore issues, with zero benefits.  That's every bit as dumb ass as using a VPN for "security".

I have learnt the VPN thing the hard way, only tried it once and was locked out of OFF imedietly and for about a week.  Jimbob came to my aid and got me back on line - that was a few years ago now.

Partitioning  - I am no way as smart of most of you on here, so am not getting involved  ;D :y

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: 27 August 2023, 21:15:15 »

Cant find the rear seat base for the Austin, its a largish bit of 3/8th ply. Not bothered about the wood but the shaped hinges are on it-----------------

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: 27 August 2023, 22:50:24 »

Not the easiest thing to lose.  ::) :D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: 28 August 2023, 10:44:10 »

The CAA.

What a bunch of self-abusers.  They insist that, as a model aircraft and drone flyer, I register with them so they can contact me etc, but then never bother contacting anybody about there latest proposals that make Orwell's 1984 seem like Little House on the Prairie.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: 28 August 2023, 11:21:45 »

The CAA.

What a bunch of self-abusers.  They insist that, as a model aircraft and drone flyer, I register with them so they can contact me etc, but then never bother contacting anybody about there latest proposals that make Orwell's 1984 seem like Little House on the Prairie.
Drones are becoming the weapon of choice, haven't you heard?
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: 28 August 2023, 11:27:43 »

The CAA.

Bureaucratic broken Britain...  ::)

It's what we voted for... apparently!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: 28 August 2023, 12:47:03 »

The CAA.

Bureaucratic broken Britain...  ::)

It's what we voted for... apparently!  ;D

At least voting here is easy, simple to understand, cheap to administer, quick, open and transparent. It obviously needs a referendum to approve modern enhancements that will improve stakeholder satisfaction.

Oh, wait

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: 28 August 2023, 19:35:01 »

The CAA.

Drones are becoming the weapon of choice, haven't you heard?
Yeah, especially since the media had a wankathon over the Gatwick incident, and the old bill have too much egg on their face to agree with just about everyone that there was no bleeding drone.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 110   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.