Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Petrol Prices  (Read 4043 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: Petrol Prices
« Reply #15 on: 19 August 2023, 16:55:36 »

Both diesel & petrol up by 5p a litre since yesterday at Sainsbury's.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 August 2023, 17:59:52 »

There seems to be some profiteering going on at the moment. I thought that it took a couple of months for the oil companies to be hit by the higher prices. Or perhaps i'm barking up the wrong tree.  :-\

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 August 2023, 14:27:53 »

Was at a classic car show this weekend in my Triumph, and en route it was very flat and had no go about it, and I was literally watching the fuel gauge go down. Got there and the fuel light was flashing. The exhaust pipe was jet black and heavily sooted. Found the cause - one of the carb pistons had stuck. When I left, I went to the nearest BP garage, rather than risk running out, and the robbing barskets were charging £1.99.9p per litre for 97 Super Unleaded.... >:( 
Needless to say, I only put a few quid in to get me to the nearest Tesco for their 99 Momentum. When I complained about the exorbitant price at BP,  the Asians behind the counter just replied, ' It's the good petrol mate, innit, 97'.
The fuel at the Tesco fuel was £1.53.9p.
The BP garage price was an absolute rip off, and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with charging that much (although I accept the price flagged up when the pump was authorised).
Super Unleaded price though is rarely advertised on the roadside signs. But I had no option due to necessity...
Daylight robbery.... >:( >:(
Art least it ran like a sewing machine on the way home.... :y
« Last Edit: 22 August 2023, 14:31:26 by johnnydog »
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 August 2023, 09:59:12 »

There seems to be some profiteering going on at the moment. I thought that it took a couple of months for the oil companies to be hit by the higher prices. Or perhaps i'm barking up the wrong tree.  :-\

I don't think you're wrong, petrol retailers have always operated on the rocket and feather pricing model. When wholesale prices go up, theirs shoot up immediately, when they come back down, retail prices fall nice and slowly because the 'buy well ahead of time'.  ::)

Unfortunately, unless you want to either go electric, or get hold of an old diesel merc and a lot of cooking oil, we have no choice but to take the shafting...

£1.459p round here at the moment

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 August 2023, 10:51:02 »

I don't think you're wrong, petrol retailers have always operated on the rocket and feather pricing model. When wholesale prices go up, theirs shoot up immediately, when they come back down, retail prices fall nice and slowly because the 'buy well ahead of time'.  ::)

Unfortunately, unless you want to either go electric, or get hold of an old diesel merc and a lot of cooking oil, we have no choice but to take the shafting...

£1.459p round here at the moment

New veggie oil is almost as expensive as diesel these days so that's not worth doing anymore, and I wonder if your local chippy will give it away these days as I expect they sell it back to recyclers.  :-\

Then there's all the hassle of filtering used veggie oil as well.  ::)

I've run a couple of old diesels on new veggie oil though and saved sacks loads of cash!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 August 2023, 11:28:56 »

My guess is that the Govt are quietly agnostic to consumer fuel prices going up on the basis that it makes electric cars seem more economic - or rather less un-economic.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 August 2023, 12:06:22 »

My guess is that the Govt are quietly agnostic to consumer fuel prices going up on the basis that it makes electric cars seem more economic - or rather less un-economic.

Spot on. In the real world, EVs only make economic sense for a relatively small percentage of the population - mostly those of us who are receiving an un-lubed shaft courtesy of HMRC.

I've run a couple of old diesels on new veggie oil though and saved sacks loads of cash!  :y

Central heating oil isn't too bad, and they'll even let you keep a massive tank of the stuff at home for personal use!  :-X  :y

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 26 August 2023, 12:08:23 »

Got to a set of traffic lights yesterday morning and a petrol station just beyond the lights had 147.8[E10]and 151.8[diesel]on their electronic sign.Stooped at the lights as they were on red,by the time they'd changed to green the petrol station sign had changed to 148.8 and 152.8 respectively :o No fuel tanker in sight so it wasn't even as though they'd had a delivery >:(

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 26 August 2023, 13:17:24 »

Shell garage on A14 near Kettering was showing £161.9 when i went past this morning on the way home from Daventry. Needless to say i kept going.  ;D Robbing barstewards. >:(

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 26 August 2023, 14:27:40 »

Same here in Spain.

Prices just keep going up. Press here says Russia and our “ friends” the Saudis have cut production.

Diesel was 168.9 euros yesterday.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 26 August 2023, 16:25:20 »

£1.77 for both on the M3 today.
Onanists always think outside the box.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26 August 2023, 18:07:41 »

£1.77 for both on the M3 today.
Kin'ell.  :o

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 26 August 2023, 19:09:51 »

Obviously I didn't buy any ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 26 August 2023, 22:25:29 »

I think the record we saw in France was a motorway services near the chunnel offering SP95 for €2.25/L. Elsewhere it was around the 1.90 mark. :o
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.