Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: my jaguar sovereign  (Read 3156 times)

Ford Prefect

• View Profile
Re: my jaguar sovereign
« Reply #15 on: 24 February 2008, 22:25:43 »

Nice car, but it's got the wrong shape bonnet and lights, should be round lights, like all good Jags

Oh no,that's how you recognise it is a true sovereign or Daimler. This is from the time that the round lights equals entry level model....

Although the interior would stop me from having one again, they are still the most comfortable and best handling car I have driven of the big saloons on the horribly bumpy english country roads...

That's not true my Ex Father-in-law had a top-spec Daimler with round lights, Jaugar change the bonnet and lights to that type, so to update the model and in doing so upset so many of their customer's,  they changed them back

All sov/daimler XJ40s left the factory with the square lights, although it is easy enough to change them for the round units. As for the fordised X300/X308 vresions.. yuck, look like an SIII XJ that and elephant has sat on the front of. The XJ40 was the last good looking XJ. IMHO the XF is just horrible and the S-Type is just a tarted up lincoln. I do wish I still had my 3.6 XJ40 Daimler

Stewart

dejongj

• Whipsnade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 February 2008, 00:31:34 »

as Stewart already said. If it was an xj40 as pictured in this thread it would have had square headlights. I guess you are mistaken with the x300 or it was not a real Daimler or the lights were exchanged.

I the jaguar has it spot on with the xf. They need to get some younger buyers instead of competing with the blue rinse bus passes. The xf is stunning in the metal, it handles great and it looks nice and young. Will bring some younger buyers to jaguar. I was at the public unveiling in Milton Keynes and besides the usual blah blah old folk there were many twenty somethings.

Then again I am biased for my wife, roll on may for a premium luxury tractor with b&w soundsystem.  ;) purely for the schoolrun to downsize and be more Eco friendly compared to the murano  ;D

brett1408

• leamington spa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 February 2008, 14:01:17 »

quite right, all sovereign and daimler xj40's came with square lights, the xj6 had the round quad ones and the xj-r, the sovereign also had chrome window surrounds, more chrome round the rear lights, and inside leather door handles and door pockets, leather centre console, matchstick inlayed burr walnut, pull out rear reading lights and electric front seats, most had cruise and air con. the daimlers had walnut picnic tables in the backs of the front seats and different walnut again. mine has the daimler spec rear window roller blinds. by the way, have you ever seen an early xj6 2.9 ?, with its cloth seats, elm wood and switch blanks everywhere ?! the lights were'nt the only things they changed because of being to un-jaguar-ish, remember the digital instruments of the early xj40's ?

Crazydad

• Omega Baron
  • Germany
    • 2.5 V6 facelift
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25 February 2008, 17:11:52 »

Nice, Classic :y :y

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 March 2008, 00:08:31 »

I do have a soft spot for Jags :)
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.