Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Die Cast models  (Read 1293 times)

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
Omega Die Cast models
« on: 10 January 2010, 09:05:40 »

One of my sad traits is I try to buy the exact model of every car that I have owned; got quite a few now  ;D

Looked around for a facelift Omega for a while and by stroke of luck found one in a petrol station in Poland-it's a 1:38 Opel model by tin's toys and came in dark red metallic-not Persia like mine but like the Omega dark red metallic.

It's not a bad model-more of a toy than a collector's piece, but was very cheap at about £5.

I have checked tin's toys website and they have four 2000 facelift Opel Omega models; dark red metallic, gold metallic, dark blue metallic and black.  See:

http://www.tinstoys.com/index.php?cPath=1_35

I also have a Metropolitan Police pre-facelift Vauxhall Omega saloon, 1:43 scale, marked Made in China NO 61053-bought on the boot sale for 20p.

Anyone else got models?  Links?

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Die Cast models
« Reply #1 on: 10 January 2010, 13:33:07 »

I've got a 1:43 facelift saloon in Nocturno blue made from resin. Very accurate and looks good.
Also have a 1:43 schuco model of the pre facelift.

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 January 2010, 13:44:45 »

I've got a 1:43 facelift saloon in Nocturno blue made from resin. Very accurate and looks good.
Also have a 1:43 schuco model of the pre facelift.

What make is the resin model?  Is there a persia facelift??

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 January 2010, 13:47:53 »

It was specially made for me, it came in kit format. So I had to get a schuco donor model for the wheels, base plate and windows etc. I then sprayed it Nocturno blue as I used to have a 2.2 CDX that colour. It's cost me about £75 I expect. It's not quite finished yet, haven't had the time. When I get round to finishing it, I'll post some pictures if you want?

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 January 2010, 13:50:39 »

It was specially made for me, it came in kit format. So I had to get a schuco donor model for the wheels, base plate and windows etc. I then sprayed it Nocturno blue as I used to have a 2.2 CDX that colour. It's cost me about £75 I expect. It's not quite finished yet, haven't had the time. When I get round to finishing it, I'll post some pictures if you want?

Wow, someone even more "dedicated"  ;D than me-my wife won't believe it  ;D

Pics please  :y :y

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 January 2010, 21:55:07 »

Not sure how this came about, but being sold as a one off and may be of interest to any OOFer with police interest, especially TVP:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Thames-valley-police-Vauxhall-Omega-one-off-special_W0QQitemZ230421379605QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN?hash=item35a62f3a15

Opel badged, so guess a standard Opel die cast model, hand finished as a promo piece with the TVP decals, campaign and light bar?  Interesting anyway...

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 January 2010, 12:57:53 »

Not sure how this came about, but being sold as a one off and may be of interest to any OOFer with police interest, especially TVP:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Thames-valley-police-Vauxhall-Omega-one-off-special_W0QQitemZ230421379605QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN?hash=item35a62f3a15

Opel badged, so guess a standard Opel die cast model, hand finished as a promo piece with the TVP decals, campaign and light bar?  Interesting anyway...

This die cast model sold for £41.50 inc postage  :y
« Last Edit: 21 January 2010, 12:04:14 by geoffharvey »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.