Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: British Airways Bullsh!t - A new one on me  (Read 4772 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: British Airways Bullsh!t - A new one on me
« Reply #30 on: 10 October 2020, 22:47:47 »

Most memorable was a long weekend to Alghero, Sardina, last year. Flights £15 or so each.... just a no brainer. Have spent the last few years taking advantage of offers like that, and flying around europe, in the same way I'd take a train up to Birmingham :y

I've never understood why people expect some sort of special treatment just because they are getting on an aeroplane, especially short haul trips that mostly are the same duration as a longish bus or train ride.  :-\

In all parts of the aviation industry the SLF* are the a major pain ... be they ordered to fly or opting to fly ... they are, generically, a total pain......  give me a full freight load any day... it doesn't move, doesn't make stupid requests, doesn't complain, and doesn't, basically, get bored and difficult.

*  SLF  - Self Loading Freight..... also known as "passengers" .....

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10 October 2020, 22:53:50 »

Most memorable was a long weekend to Alghero, Sardina, last year. Flights £15 or so each.... just a no brainer. Have spent the last few years taking advantage of offers like that, and flying around europe, in the same way I'd take a train up to Birmingham :y

I've never understood why people expect some sort of special treatment just because they are getting on an aeroplane, especially short haul trips that mostly are the same duration as a longish bus or train ride.  :-\

In all parts of the aviation industry the SLF* are the a major pain ... be they ordered to fly or opting to fly ... they are, generically, a total pain......  give me a full freight load any day... it doesn't move, doesn't make stupid requests, doesn't complain, and doesn't, basically, get bored and difficult.

*  SLF  - Self Loading Freight..... also known as "passengers" .....

I totally hear you, however, in my defence, I have always been very much of the "chuck the bag in, sit down, shut up, and no faffing - and be nice to the crew" brigade.........

In contrast, I've seen some absolute knobbish behaviour on flights :(

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10 October 2020, 22:57:09 »

To be blunt, I don't. I chuck the bag on, sit down as quickly as possible to allow them to get off on time, and then get pissed off when everyone else faffs over bags, computers, etc.

My only exception is when I choose to pay, say £600 for a short haul business BA ticket, when normal class is £60. When I do that, I expect the crew to stop the tracksuit shod people who can't string a sentence together, and are travelling standard class, from coming through the curtain into business, using the toilets there, and generally being a d*ck............
« Last Edit: 10 October 2020, 22:59:01 by JamesV6CDX »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10 October 2020, 23:13:52 »

To be blunt, I don't. I chuck the bag on, sit down as quickly as possible to allow them to get off on time, and then get pissed off when everyone else faffs over bags, computers, etc.

My only exception is when I choose to pay, say £600 for a short haul business BA ticket, when normal class is £60. When I do that, I expect the crew to stop the tracksuit shod people who can't string a sentence together, and are travelling standard class, from coming through the curtain into business, using the toilets there, and generally being a d*ck............

No I'm totally with you James and I've flown Ryan Air a few times as well.  Get on, sit down and let them deliver me to the destination.  :y

The thing that really gets my goat with air travel, and it happens on all airlines, long and short haul, is the people who drag ridiculously large bags on as 'hand baggage' and then there's never any room in the overhead lockers.  >:(
« Last Edit: 10 October 2020, 23:17:18 by Sir Tigger QC »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10 October 2020, 23:20:01 »

No I'm totally with you James and I've flown Ryan Air a few times as well.  Get on, sit down and let them deliver me to the destination.  :y

And me. When I do fly, it's usually because it's quicker, easier and cheaper than driving. That's a calculation that changes the more people that are going: I can get to my parent's place near cognac or my aunt's near Biarritz, for a lot less if I fly from Stanstead and rent a car for a few days, than if I drive there. If four of us need to get there, the car is the better choice.

When spending a couple of hours on a plane, I don't need anything more than a seat.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10 October 2020, 23:23:36 »

The thing that really gets my goat with air travel, and it happens on all airlines, long and short haul, is the people who drag ridiculously large bags on as 'hand baggage' and then there's never any room in the overhead lockers.  >:(

I genuinely don't know how people get away with that. I've had snotty check in attendents of all nations (unsurprising the Germans being the most frequent offenders) make me ram my 'very obviously regulation carry on bag' into that stupid cage thing at the gate.

On one occasion ( I was pushing my luck with a bigger bag) I told them it would go in, but they would need to get it out otherwise I was boarding with the metal cage attached.

It went in, but took 3 people to get it out. They obviously weren't expecting someone in a suit and tie to stand on a case to get it into the cage.  ;D
« Last Edit: 10 October 2020, 23:25:40 by Viral_Jim »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11 October 2020, 01:58:45 »

You will keep flying to Germany though :D

I'm with Nige regarding the 'noisy baggage'.

Ryanair may well operate relatively new aircraft, but that's partly because they get a decent deal by buying in bulk... New aircraft are perceived to be more reliable, but Spudulike absolutely hammer them into the ground, sometimes literally.

Also it will be interesting to see how their passenger loads fare once they start resuming the 73 Max deliveries.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 11 October 2020, 10:16:40 »

Hmmm if flying off to sunny places ever becomes feasible again, I'm not sure I'd ever be too keen to get on a 737 Max, no matter what we're told about how safe it is etc.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 11 October 2020, 10:39:34 »

Hmmm if flying off to sunny places ever becomes feasible again, I'm not sure I'd ever be too keen to get on a 737 Max, no matter what we're told about how safe it is etc.  :-\

So you won't trust the extra sensor cable-tied into a wing and some hastily written software? It will have passed all the extensive, independent approval procedures.

Just like the original plane did.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11 October 2020, 14:41:06 »

I'm going to be like Mr T, ain't going on no plane, I had already said to SWMBO that I really don't enjoy flying anymore the queues the searching which because of time restraints is usually to a very poor standard , we've been to most places we want to see so will use the caravan as much as possible in future, lots of places in the UK I've never seen.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 11 October 2020, 15:49:38 »

The thing that really gets my goat with air travel, and it happens on all airlines, long and short haul, is the
The little bastards that constantly kick the seats I'm sat in trying to sleep, and the parents do SFA about it.  Shoot the little oppsers. And the parents.
Grumpy old man

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 12 October 2020, 10:32:39 »

You're in the cheap seats! :P

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 12 October 2020, 11:15:53 »

You're in the cheap seats! :P
Alot to be said for being able to look out the front  :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 12 October 2020, 11:25:25 »

good news. BA boss has been replaced with Sean Doyle so everything will be fine now.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.