Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drivers door mirror issue?  (Read 2023 times)

BlackieNo1

• Northern Ireland
    • Omega Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Drivers door mirror issue?
« on: 19 September 2021, 18:43:37 »

Another problem with my Omega Elite FL. The drivers side door mirror doesn’t appear to adjust. At first I thought it was the motor but recently I’ve discovered that when using the Seat Memory buttons the mirror is indeed moving.  So I assume it must the the switch used to select the side.

My questions are how is the switch removed on the FL? And is it most likely a case of the switch contacts needing cleaned?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: Drivers door mirror issue?
« Reply #1 on: 19 September 2021, 19:18:59 »

Another problem with my Omega Elite FL. The drivers side door mirror doesn’t appear to adjust. At first I thought it was the motor but recently I’ve discovered that when using the Seat Memory buttons the mirror is indeed moving.  So I assume it must the the switch used to select the side.

My questions are how is the switch removed on the FL? And is it most likely a case of the switch contacts needing cleaned?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Is the switch set to adjust the passenger mirror?

If I remember right, there's a small slider to do that

It is in the manual, and there's a copy on this site if you don't have a print version

BlackieNo1

• Northern Ireland
    • Omega Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 September 2021, 21:20:28 »

When the switch is set to the passenger side, the passenger side mirror adjusts fine. When set to the drivers side it does nothing.

So I believe it’s the switch that’s at fault.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 September 2021, 21:41:21 »

The whole switch with the window buttons has to be removed in one piece. It is easier if the door card is unclipped so that the connector plug (which is the locking type) can be accessed properly to release it from the switch.
I have tried to release the four tabs to lift the switch out whilst the door card is in situ, but usually the switch comes apart, and there isn't much wriggle room for the connector to be released, so I find it easier to loosen the door card for the time it takes.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

BlackieNo1

• Northern Ireland
    • Omega Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 September 2021, 22:04:58 »

The whole switch with the window buttons has to be removed in one piece. It is easier if the door card is unclipped so that the connector plug (which is the locking type) can be accessed properly to release it from the switch.
I have tried to release the four tabs to lift the switch out whilst the door card is in situ, but usually the switch comes apart, and there isn't much wriggle room for the connector to be released, so I find it easier to loosen the door card for the time it takes.

Cheers for that dude.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 September 2021, 23:17:06 »

Take the switch apart and clean all of the copper circuit tracks with a cotton bud and some alcohol, good hard rub cheap aftershave will do
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

BlackieNo1

• Northern Ireland
    • Omega Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 September 2021, 09:14:49 »

I cleaned it with a cotton bud, never thought of aftershave lol. It’s marginally improved but there wasn’t a lot of dirt there to begin with

Carfix

• Malmesbury, Wiltshire
    • 1997 & 1998 Omega Elites
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 September 2021, 19:35:52 »

I recently had a complete failure of my electric door mirrors on my pre-facelift elite.

As omegod and BlackieNo1 suggest. Take the switch apart and clean all the contact points. It was amazing how dirty it was inside.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.