Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Low on power smell of burning rubber !!!!  (Read 849 times)

Y26SE

• Spalding
    • 2002 Omega 2.2 DTI saloon
    • View Profile
Low on power smell of burning rubber !!!!
« on: 29 September 2013, 16:45:37 »

Hi all, i have an issue now i cant seem to get to the bottom of and ill describe what ive done and what happens.

Ive done an engine service including oil air pollen and fuel filter and changed antifreeze. I filled the filter with diesel magic and fitted an inline hand primer on 9.5mm ID hose from the filter marked (out) to the banjo bolt on the pump which appears to have the leak off pipe going to it.

after priming the start up was fine and it idles then nearly stalls pulsing revs up and down by itself untill warmed up but never runs right.

On the test run for 6 miles it never really had any power and a strong smell of burning coming up between the turbo and engine with small black specks all over the place. i only have p1590 on fault codes but voltage on load is 14v.

i cant see anything obvious that can be causing this smell of burning rubber and or explain where these tiny black speckles are coming from.

now my dash display has gone all yellow grid and wont display anything and my climate has decided not to stop blowing at medium speed regardless of temperature selection.

What the hell is my car doing as its driving me mental at this point >:(
What is this FUEL ECONOMY you speak of, it is alien to me.

Not now i have a dti: Omega ownership without the petrol station bite. JUST GARAGES INSTEAD

Y26SE

• Spalding
    • View Profile
Re: Low on power smell of burning rubber !!!!
« Reply #1 on: 30 September 2013, 13:53:04 »

Just an additional i mentioned on another thread.

After sorting the glow plug issue and cleaned out egr and i did a compression test and all cylinders are within 370 to 400 psi, i applied 1 bar of pressure up the vacuum hoses and only hiss i could hear was on the little valve on the end of the inlet manifold which i think does the flaps but im left with the rubbish running issue.

Not now i have a dti: Omega ownership without the petrol station bite. JUST GARAGES INSTEAD

andymp

• Wakefield, UK
    • 2003 Omega CD 2.2 dti Est
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 September 2013, 15:57:16 »

Does the drive belt have any signs of damage?
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

Y26SE

• Spalding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 September 2013, 18:54:37 »

Belt looks fine and stable running when the engine actually starts to settle down. the tiny bits of rubber seems to pop up between the inlet and exhaust half's of the turbo and landed on the rocker cover as well

andymp

• Wakefield, UK
    • 2003 Omega CD 2.2 dti Est
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 October 2013, 13:29:47 »

Hi mate. Don't know if you got to the bottom of the rubber particles, but check your crank pulley. Mine had a smell of burning rubber as the pulley rubber damper piece fell apart.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.