Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jammed door  (Read 557 times)

yatesDELTA

Jammed door
« on: 22 February 2008, 21:31:02 »

Hey
so a month on sunday after collecting the miggy :)  been good car since its had all the work done on it

well we have been unable to open the front passenger door from the outside which is now becoming irratating so looking for a solution, whats cuasing it and the cost to fix.
I know the door opens as the locking mechanism pops up as it does on the other doors.
in the clapped out old mondeo we had a few years go the linking cable that connected the inside door release and outside handle broke. But when this happened i think the door couldnt operate either way and we had to remove door card etc
Maybe its the catch itself?

not really sure and not wanting more meccy bills so any help much appreciated.

Car goes back to the meccy tomorow for check on the alternator as it was fitted 2 weeks ago, already need the guy to look at the radio which was buggared after the work was done

thanks in advance

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Jammed door
« Reply #1 on: 22 February 2008, 21:42:44 »

Hey
so a month on sunday after collecting the miggy :)  been good car since its had all the work done on it

well we have been unable to open the front passenger door from the outside which is now becoming irratating so looking for a solution, whats cuasing it and the cost to fix.
I know the door opens as the locking mechanism pops up as it does on the other doors.
in the clapped out old mondeo we had a few years go the linking cable that connected the inside door release and outside handle broke. But when this happened i think the door couldnt operate either way and we had to remove door card etc
Maybe its the catch itself?

not really sure and not wanting more meccy bills so any help much appreciated.

Car goes back to the meccy tomorow for check on the alternator as it was fitted 2 weeks ago, already need the guy to look at the radio which was buggared after the work was done

thanks in advance
My driver's is nearly the same. :( It's really stiff to open, especially from outside, although the interior handle is catching up. I just never seem to have the time inclination to sort it though.
« Last Edit: 22 February 2008, 21:44:03 by Andy_B »

Matchless

• Omega Knight
  • Nottingham
    • A white van
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2008, 22:11:06 »

So it works off the inside handle but not the outside one?
Remove the door card and look for the operating rod from the outside handle to latch, it could be wrongly fitted, the plastic bit it fits into on the latch could be missing or broken or the metal attachment at the handle could have broken off.
Should be obvious once you look.

yatesDELTA

« Reply #3 on: 22 February 2008, 22:27:53 »

okay thanks, something to do tomorow

obb368

• stockton on tees
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 February 2008, 21:40:03 »

when u take door card off the operating rod is adjustable lift door handle from outside and check inside door that the rod pushes down on the leaver adjust has required (i take it door operates normally from inside) :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.