Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: multi function display  (Read 400 times)

yammy

• felixstowe suffolk
    • View Profile
multi function display
« on: 28 August 2008, 19:54:02 »

Hi, Apart from my previous posts i now have a new problem, i seem to have lost part of the pixels from my multi function display. is it possible to buy a refurbished unit? if so where from? thank you

Pete Elite

• Omega Knight
  • Uxbridge, Middlesex
    • View Profile
Re: multi function display
« Reply #1 on: 28 August 2008, 20:12:02 »

Hi, Try this link below but confirm with the seller it's the same part# or you can ask in the Buy And Sell section on here.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-OMEGA-VECTRA-MULTI-TRIP-COMPUTER-SCREEN_W0QQitemZ280259105872QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280259105872&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

feeutfo

« Reply #2 on: 28 August 2008, 21:42:40 »

may be able to repair? Try bba reman, they are into all that. I looked into this with my colour screen as it has a bad pixel and could be a sign of pending failure similar to yours. The prices quoted to me would not make your repair viable. BUT, yours is a obviously a diff. model and needs quoting on its own merit. Myn needs to be depaired from the head unit via tech 2 before removal so as to make it programmable to a second unit, other wise on re sale it is useless to the buyer. BUT AGAIN, yours is differant model and i do not know if this applys to you. Other senior members will advise i am sure. Maybe have a look/post in ice section. Hope this helps and does not confuse the issue further.

yammy

• felixstowe suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 August 2008, 09:21:03 »

Hi pete elite and chris gixer...thanks for the information....to repair they where asking a lot of money...but managed to get one off ebay from your recommendation....did try another guy off ebay...he was advertising a unit at a fixed price ,spoke to him and said he would double check, he phoned me back said it was now rare and was going to auction it instead.....somewhere near heathrow is his advert....not cricket that old boy...so beware oif you come accross him.
thanks again chaps much appreciated. :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 August 2008, 09:26:56 »

Missing lines of pixels is common on early type MIDs.  Certainly not many left that don't have some kind of pixel issue now.

The MID needs to come from same model (ie Omega), engine size, and transmission type, else will need reprogramming via Tech2.

Later MIDs, fortunately more reliable, need to come from same model, engine size, transmission, tyre size (whether 225/55 or something else), headlight style, and aux heater...
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.