Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
 on: Today at 15:39:43 
Started by Migv6 le Frog Fan - Last post by Migv6 le Frog Fan
Someone came to code the keys to the car and said it cant be done because Immobiliser is damaged and wont allow new keys to be coded to it.
Owner wasnt at home when this was done, so isnt even sure if the person was using Tech2 to try to do the job, or some other "capable device".
Didnt sound quite right to me, but as you know, my level of expertise in electronic matters is slightly below yours.  ;D

on: Today at 14:29:11 
Started by Migv6 le Frog Fan - Last post by TheBoy
Possible the immobiliser ECU has been swapped out, so the carpass is no longer valid.

Can't really think how anyone could knacker an immobiliser through repair TBH.

on: Today at 13:38:20 
Started by 2boxerdogs - Last post by ronnyd
Gatherer

on: Today at 13:33:18 
Started by Migv6 le Frog Fan - Last post by Migv6 le Frog Fan
Someone on another car forum is badly stuck with this problem. Will post a link to it below, but not sure if it can be read unless your a member and signed into the site.
Im not signing out to try it, because I cant remember my sign in details and might not be able to get back in.  ;D

https://autoshite.com/topic/58472-wanted-vauxhall-frontera-immobiliser-needs-mechanical-work/#comment-3002147

Basically has two keys that need programming in with Tech 2. Has the car pass.
Someone came to do the job while he was out and left a message that whoever had worked on the car before has knackered the immobiliser so new keys cant be programmed in.
Reasonably possible or another case of " a little knowledge is a dangerous thing ? "

on: Today at 13:26:27 
Started by raywilb - Last post by Migv6 le Frog Fan
Oops, wrong thread.   ::)

on: Today at 12:32:26 
Started by 2boxerdogs - Last post by Sir Tigger KC
Hunter

on: Today at 12:03:01 
Started by raywilb - Last post by Viral_Jim
When mine got damaged on the Big Black Pussy, 2nd hand were £800 and new were around £2k :o

So repaired with Chinky Takeaway containers and Sikaflex until I can acquire one at a sensible price....    ....and that was 3 or 4 years ago, and still unable to obtain one for a sensible price!
Been quoted almost from dealers almost £450. they changed them from 2018 . I can find lots of pre 19,s .

I don't suppose you could fit a pair of 2018 ones?  :-\

on: Today at 10:55:35 
Started by raywilb - Last post by ronnyd
When mine got damaged on the Big Black Pussy, 2nd hand were £800 and new were around £2k :o

So repaired with Chinky Takeaway containers and Sikaflex until I can acquire one at a sensible price....    ....and that was 3 or 4 years ago, and still unable to obtain one for a sensible price!
Been quoted almost from dealers almost £450. [/highlight]they changed them from 2018 . I can find lots of pre 19,s .

For a Shitreon, that sounds almost reasonable.  ;D

on: Today at 10:47:16 
Started by raywilb - Last post by raywilb

Been quoted almost from dealers almost £450. they changed them from 2018 . I can find lots of pre 19,s .

on: Today at 10:10:05 
Started by 2boxerdogs - Last post by ronnyd
Detectorist

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 16 queries.