Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.0 V6 Fault Codes...Help please!  (Read 750 times)

shd1968

• Surrey
    • View Profile
3.0 V6 Fault Codes...Help please!
« on: 30 October 2010, 15:30:28 »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could make sense of the following for me.
Just rebuilt the top end of my 2000 3.0 F/L due to bad misfire. Also had to replace the cats as they were fried due to poor fuel burning and blocked them both.
I had two aftermarket cats fitted as I couldn't find originals and spoke to a really helpful guy at the shop who advised non type approved cats needed as the lambda sensors are in front of the cats so it wont affect the emmisions reading.

Not long after leaving the garage the EML came on and has been intermittantly on ever since. I did the paperclip test and it came back with 3 codes

61 - Fuel tank vent valve voltage low
89 - o2 sensor 2 open circuit
17 - Knock signal circuit 2.

Could anyone tell me if the three could possibly be related? I'm guessing the O2 (89) is a dead lambda sensor ( I re-fitted the originals) but I'm not sure about the others.
Idling on the car is rough and mpg is attrocious, around 7 to the gallon according to the trip computer.
I have done such a lot to this car and spent more than I should have so I'm hoping for an easy fix. Any help or experience would be gratefully received.

Keep up the good work guys!

SHD1968

dnial

• View Profile
Re: 3.0 V6 Fault Codes...Help please!
« Reply #1 on: 31 October 2010, 21:29:23 »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could make sense of the following for me.
Just rebuilt the top end of my 2000 3.0 F/L due to bad misfire. Also had to replace the cats as they were fried due to poor fuel burning and blocked them both.
I had two aftermarket cats fitted as I couldn't find originals and spoke to a really helpful guy at the shop who advised non type approved cats needed as the lambda sensors are in front of the cats so it wont affect the emmisions reading.

Not long after leaving the garage the EML came on and has been intermittantly on ever since. I did the paperclip test and it came back with 3 codes

61 - Fuel tank vent valve voltage low
89 - o2 sensor 2 open circuit
17 - Knock signal circuit 2.

Could anyone tell me if the three could possibly be related? I'm guessing the O2 (89) is a dead lambda sensor ( I re-fitted the originals) but I'm not sure about the others.
Idling on the car is rough and mpg is attrocious, around 7 to the gallon according to the trip computer.
I have done such a lot to this car and spent more than I should have so I'm hoping for an easy fix. Any help or experience would be gratefully received.

Keep up the good work guys!

SHD1968

Have you checked the connectors is properly fitted for the knock, and the lambda sensors?, also check if you have properly grounding on engine, (measure voltage between bat neg. and engine, while is engine running).

It's wierd with theese 3 errors simultaniously since they are not at all related - in my opinion..  :-?

Pardon spelling.. Danish dude typing  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.