Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: On My Radio code. Not. Alarmed!  (Read 1210 times)

rds

• View Profile
On My Radio code. Not. Alarmed!
« on: 23 December 2021, 18:23:09 »

It's me, yes, again. Third time today.

I am continually frustrated in diagnostics on this car by the irritating worry about losing the radio code or the alarm sounding if I do not re-connect battery within 15 seconds.

An insertable battery saver only works as long as the cigarette lighter socket is active (not long) and using a slave battery is inconvenient, plus I like to do some tests with a dead system.

Therefore, is there anyway to find out the radio code without going to the dealer (pm me if you feel that is a more secure way to share the info). I believe there is a way to disable the code but if you do through the process more than once, you inadvertently re-activate the code protection! Thoughts on this welcome.

I have had the car from new and the radio was replaced under warranty; except they didn't give me the me code.

Is there any way to disarm the alarm (not immobiliser) permanently also? Again, Pm me if easier.

Cheers

RDS

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Re: On My Radio code. Not. Alarmed!
« Reply #1 on: 23 December 2021, 19:00:44 »

An insertable battery saver only works as long as the cigarette lighter socket is active

Is the rear cig lighter active all the time.?
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

rds

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 December 2021, 19:07:22 »

No the rear lighter (which is the easier to use given that there is nothing around it) times out after 5 mins.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 December 2021, 19:08:56 »

No the rear lighter (which is the easier to use given that there is nothing around it) times out after 5 mins.

Wasnt sure.

Does it have a tow bar socket fitted?

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 December 2021, 19:13:38 »

https://www.westerntowing.co.uk/caravan-12s-wiring-diagram/

Not sure if this is correct with all car/sockets.  I think mine has 2 sockets fitted.

Was thinking you would have a permanent live  on the trailer wireing. :y

rds

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 December 2021, 19:23:44 »

no, no tow bar fitted. Just the two cigarette lighters.  I wonder if there is a way to recode the timer?

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 December 2021, 19:29:21 »

Try using the search to see if it has been mentioned before.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 December 2021, 20:27:44 »

I have a Sealey 'Code Saver' which uses the OBD2 socket, and I use an old 12v house alarm backup battery to provide the power whilst the main battery on the car is disconnected.
Which radio do you have? As you keep losing the code, presumably you have the CCR 2006 radio. The radio code can be disabled on that radio quite easily - details of which are in the radio manual.
If you have the NCDC2013 as fitted to the Elite, normally that should retain the code, but won't as it isn't the original unit.
Most decent car audio shops will be able to retrieve the code for that particular set; you will have to provide proof of vehicle ownership, ie the V5C in your name, and maybe some secondary form of id, but it can be done quite easily. I've not had it done on an Omega radio, but have with other Vauxhall and Ford radios in the past with unknown codes. I took the unit to them, but I'd check initially whether they can do it with the radio in situ in the car.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

rds

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 December 2021, 22:18:27 »

I will look up the Sealey unit, at least the ODBII interface is less likely to power down.

The unit was exchanged like for like under warranty; I have not lost the code, but was not given it and as I said, if I've gone through the code elimination procedure successfully before, doing it again will reinstitute it I think. I'm not at the car to look at that large audio book, but i do not recall a way to test to see if the code was set or removed.

The unit is the am/fm radio, cassette and 4 cd integrated changer, I do not recall the model for sure but it may have been the CDR2006 as you say.

Decent car audio shops? Not since the 80s here!! well there may be one not too far away, but decent is another matter.

Can't the system be interrogated via the ODBII using the Vauxhall equivalent of Ford's Forscan (free!)?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.