Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 110   Go Down

Author Topic: What has P*ssed you off today?  (Read 142585 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: What has P*ssed you off today?
« Reply #960 on: 28 August 2023, 19:39:27 »

The CAA.

What a bunch of self-abusers.  They insist that, as a model aircraft and drone flyer, I register with them so they can contact me etc, but then never bother contacting anybody about there latest proposals that make Orwell's 1984 seem like Little House on the Prairie.

Bureaucratic broken Britain...  ::)

It's what we voted for... apparently!  ;D
This is yet another example of the utter balls-up that BREXIT is.  Mostly likely due to external political pressure to ensure we are not following the EU, the very first EU rule that came in exactly the same time BREXIT happened was abandoned by the CAA, leading them to run around in circles with unworkable, nonsensical rules.  A glimmer of hope is that they seem to realise what a monumental balls up they have made, and sort of want to suggest aligning mostly with EASA, but can't be seen doing so without losing face.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: 28 August 2023, 20:13:04 »

The CAA.

What a bunch of self-abusers.  They insist that, as a model aircraft and drone flyer, I register with them so they can contact me etc, but then never bother contacting anybody about there latest proposals that make Orwell's 1984 seem like Little House on the Prairie.

This is yet another example of the utter balls-up that BREXIT is.  Mostly likely due to external political pressure to ensure we are not following the EU, the very first EU rule that came in exactly the same time BREXIT happened was abandoned by the CAA, leading them to run around in circles with unworkable, nonsensical rules.  A glimmer of hope is that they seem to realise what a monumental balls up they have made, and sort of want to suggest aligning mostly with EASA, but can't be seen doing so without losing face.

This is their speciality. Note, that's run around in circles, not fly, because the latter would require a modicum of knowledge on how aeroplanes work.  ::)

About 10 years ago, they decided we all needed licences to fly gliders to harmonise with Europe (well, actually there are about 3 different kinds of licence, no idea why).

A lot of pilots spent a load of money getting all the required medical endorsements and other bits of paper to allow them to do the same things they did before. Some left the hobby because they had medical conditions that make it impossible to get the new gold-plated license. Then the CAA kicked the can down the road and extended the deadline.. And again... And again... I think the next date when they're due to kick the can down the road again is 30th September 2025.  ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: 28 August 2023, 20:20:29 »

Ecu didn’t like us leaving and are hellbent on punishing us every way they can they are Cu^7s
Laying a rubber road.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: 28 August 2023, 20:27:08 »

Ecu didn’t like us leaving and are hellbent on punishing us every way they can they are Cu^7s

I can't believe anyone expected them to handle it like adults. :-X
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: 28 August 2023, 20:51:29 »

Well there’s that 🙁🙁
Laying a rubber road.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: 28 August 2023, 21:02:48 »

We haven't, so why should they?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: 28 August 2023, 21:03:47 »

In fairness to the silly bint, she did clearly say that all our special privileges from being a member would evaporate.  But Farage labelled it as Project Fear, and therefore would actually come to pass....
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: 29 August 2023, 10:09:56 »

The CAA.

This is yet another example of the utter balls-up that BREXIT is. Mostly likely due to external political pressure to ensure we are not following the EU, the very first EU rule that came in exactly the same time BREXIT happened was abandoned by the CAA, leading them to run around in circles with unworkable, nonsensical rules.  A glimmer of hope is that they seem to realise what a monumental balls up they have made, and sort of want to suggest aligning mostly with EASA, but can't be seen doing so without losing face.

Oh you're so easy to trigger!  ;D

I doubt it's anything to do with BREXIT to be honest and they're just seeing if you're diverse enough.  ::)  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: 29 August 2023, 12:31:07 »

The CAA.

This is yet another example of the utter balls-up that BREXIT is. Mostly likely due to external political pressure to ensure we are not following the EU, the very first EU rule that came in exactly the same time BREXIT happened was abandoned by the CAA, leading them to run around in circles with unworkable, nonsensical rules.  A glimmer of hope is that they seem to realise what a monumental balls up they have made, and sort of want to suggest aligning mostly with EASA, but can't be seen doing so without losing face.

I doubt it's anything to do with BREXIT to be honest and they're just seeing if you're diverse enough.  ::)  :)

The CAA are bad enough. If EASA were involved he'd know about it. ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: 29 August 2023, 16:07:19 »

The CAA.

Drones are becoming the weapon of choice, haven't you heard?
Yeah, especially since the media had a wankathon over the Gatwick incident, and the old bill have too much egg on their face to agree with just about everyone that there was no bleeding drone.
I still suspect that was an inside job to force expenditure. Not long before someone I know completed a post grad degree regarding drones and aviation who may or may not have had a vested interest.
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: 29 August 2023, 19:55:43 »

The CAA.

The CAA are bad enough. If EASA were involved he'd know about it. ;D
Hmmm, EASA seem to be far more in control than the CAA, who don't have a grip on anything, and keep knee jerking every opportunity.  The previous set of rules they were going to implement we suddenly pulled around 6 weeks before they were due to come in....
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: 30 August 2023, 00:08:37 »

Well, it hasn't pissed my off as such, but I've waited 2 weeks for a certain well known Chinese 3D printer manufacturer to send me a replacement glass door....    ...an 2 have arrived today ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: 30 August 2023, 00:11:38 »

Talking of DHL deliveries - DHL delivered the Creality doors, they also delivered a parcel with car service parts. Amongst other things, I ordered a single pattern air filter and received 2 genuine ones :).  Makes up for another minor cock-up on the order from that seller ;D
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: 30 August 2023, 08:45:16 »

With mistakes like that, who wants competence.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: 30 August 2023, 13:15:18 »

Talking of DHL deliveries - DHL delivered the Creality doors, they also delivered a parcel with car service parts. Amongst other things, I ordered a single pattern air filter and received 2 genuine ones :).  Makes up for another minor cock-up on the order from that seller ;D
I'm waiting for a DHL delivery at the moment, so you lot have really filled me with hope.  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 110   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.