Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Well I've seen it all now!!!!  (Read 4362 times)

Crazycarzowner

Well I've seen it all now!!!!
« on: 12 February 2016, 18:28:41 »

I backed up a colleague today to a RTC on the M6 southbound today. Foreign HGV which had gone from lane 1 to lane 2, clipping a Vauxhall Adams rear near quarter and then pushing it sideways along lane 2 for a short spell before the HGV driver knew there was anything wrong!!!

Luckily, driver & passengers of the Adam were ok, but in shock. The non-english speaking HGV driver however was a right $%$£"£$% and started getting ratty with my little colleague. I arrived just in time, to hear said colleague say to nasty HGV man "BEHAVE OR ILL SET HIM ON YA!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D Think he understood that  ::) ::) ::)

He stank of ale, and after failing a roadside breath test  :o :o ::) ::) he was dumped in custody. I searched his truck & found a 3/4 empty can of lager in the cup holder + other empties (make never heard of) 8% proof  :o :o :o :o  No wonder he was pissed!!!!

2boxerdogs

Re: Well I've seen it all now!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2016, 18:34:02 »

Just frightening Jason, luckily no casualties how many more of these ars*hol** are driving around pissed , should lose their licences for good.

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2016, 18:39:40 »

Their culture is totally different to ours. These bastards should not get bail and should be given sentences long enough to put others off doing it. The owner of the truck should have to pay a hefty  fine to get it back.

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2016, 18:53:33 »

He won't get bail STEMO, he'll be in all weekend + yep the truck is impounded. As for the sentence - God knows  ::) ::) ::)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2016, 19:14:35 »

Things have changed a lot in Spain in recent years, but I remember about 15 years ago going into a cafe at about 11 a.m. and there was a four axle concrete mixer ticking over in the car park. Only one person in the cafe and he was eating toast, with a coffee and at least three big brandies before going out and driving off.

Your fellow driving with a 3/4 empty can of lager is just unbelievable. Lucky no one was killed. 
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2016, 19:33:47 »

....Foreign HGV .....

Nothing to do with drinking but I know of someone who regularly travels to the UK, from his home in Abu Dhabi, to visit relatives. He got caught for speeding but he was back home in Abu Dhabi before the NIP arrived at the address he uses over here. As he was back home, and Abu Dhabi won't allow you to send your licence out of the country, he won't get any points, or indeed any punishment whatsoever.
Is this common in any other country?  :-\

My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 12 February 2016, 20:10:24 »

He won't get bail STEMO, he'll be in all weekend + yep the truck is impounded. As for the sentence - God knows  ::) ::) ::)
The custody sergeant might keep him in all weekend but what about the magistrate on Monday?

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 February 2016, 20:20:58 »

The custody sergeant might keep him in all weekend but what about the magistrate on Monday?

His licence will be endorsed, and go on the data-base, if he re-enters the country driving,and is stopped, he will be arrested, as long as the beak bans him, also details of the offence will be sent to his home country, and another driver will need to be sent to collect the truck with the required, funds and licence's and dqc card (cpc).
How many of those have you checked?
Hoof'land storeman.

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 February 2016, 22:28:00 »

The pish head >:( that had the potential for a nasty outcome to the other vehicle involved.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 February 2016, 22:33:00 »

Motoway accidents (sorry pc slipped then - collisions) of this nature are relatively quite common. Foreign LGV changing lanes, unable to see a vehicle immediately alongside the tractor unit on the opposite side of the vehicle to the driver due to the limited view from their mirrors, although most should have an additional downwards mirror purely for this purpose. The vehicle they strike is usually positioned just forwards of the tractor unit, resulting in the vehicle then turning across the front and being shunted for as far as it takes for the LGV driver to realise what's happened. This happens regularly at merging motorway junctions with UK truck drivers, where they find themselves in lanes 3 for example where the motorways merge, and then begin to move back towards lane 1. In these cases you have to question why any driver would chance going up the near side of a LCV which obviously is likely to be moving back to lane 2 then 1. A common place for this type of RTC is the M6 Southbound at Broughton, just north of Preston where the M55 joins the M6. Vehicles travelling south from Lancaster in lane 1 suddenly find themselves in lane 3 where they merge. LCV's have to then move back to the new lane 1 with faster moving cars coming up on their near side.
In this case today, the driver of the car seems to be totally innocent in his actions, although the moral of this story could be to always be wary when passing up the side of a goods vehicle with the steering wheel on the wrong side! The foreign driver having had a drink or three had obviously severely impaired his judgement and he needs stringing up for that alone, but some still think that the drink driving laws don't apply to them....

2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 February 2016, 08:34:36 »

There's a side-swipe involving a foreign truck every day on the M25/M20/M2.

It is also becoming common with uk trucks as well due to motorist overtaking on the inside.
Hoof'land storeman.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 February 2016, 09:57:15 »

If car drivers had to sit in/drive an HGV they would understand how restricted the vision is. Whilst this one will have been alcohol related also, it is very easy to "lose" a car, even a van in a blind spot.

I don't generally travel alongside HGV and wit for space to pass them before attempting it. Obviously it can't always be that way but most of the time t can :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 February 2016, 11:03:26 »

I,m always very wary when going to overtake a "left hooker". Always, where poss, have a shurti at the licence plate.  :)

r1

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 February 2016, 11:09:10 »

was it only me that thought" what the flip is a Vauxhall adam?" had to google it.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 February 2016, 11:14:51 »

was it only me that thought" what the flip is a Vauxhall adam?" had to google it.

It's a rebadged Fiat 500 ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.