Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: central locking  (Read 1572 times)

VXmega

• Dumfries
    • View Profile
central locking
« on: 14 February 2007, 20:29:49 »

Hi......... Over the last few weeks i've noticed that the drivers door was reluctant to lock or unlock at times on the remote, I took it to be the cold frosty days we were having as it appeared to be when it was frosty i was having this issue, however to day ( no frost ) when locking car the doors locked then unlocked again, this was because the drivers door was refuseing to lock with remote.
After locking the car manualy and trying to unlock with remote only the drivers door refused to unlock and need the key to unlock drivers door.

Any ideas or do i have a dead motor in this door.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: central locking
« Reply #1 on: 14 February 2007, 20:45:53 »

Hi......... Over the last few weeks i've noticed that the drivers door was reluctant to lock or unlock at times on the remote, I took it to be the cold frosty days we were having as it appeared to be when it was frosty i was having this issue, however to day ( no frost ) when locking car the doors locked then unlocked again, this was because the drivers door was refuseing to lock with remote.
After locking the car manualy and trying to unlock with remote only the drivers door refused to unlock and need the key to unlock drivers door.

Any ideas or do i have a dead motor in this door.
You can try lubricating the linkages, but when the lock starts to get 'lazy' in wet or cold weather, could be time for new lock...
Grumpy old man

goonerman

• caterham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 February 2007, 23:36:22 »

I had the same problem found a bit of wd40 worked on the linkage took me ages to get to so not a job for an evening yet,

BazMV6

• Silverstone
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 February 2007, 13:56:13 »

I had same problem during recent cold weather.  Long story, but managed to lock myself out with engine running in the process...   :-[   Has been OK since, but need a long term solution before I do something stoopid again.  ::)
This space left blank for your own message...

spaceraceuk

• Ipswich, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 January 2009, 22:19:24 »

did anyone go to VX with this? i have this problem too but think i'm past wd40 so wondered if anyone had had parts replaced by vx and had an idea of costs...
- spacerace -

Merlindriver

• Shropshire
  • Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 January 2009, 00:53:54 »

did anyone go to VX with this? i have this problem too but think i'm past wd40 so wondered if anyone had had parts replaced by vx and had an idea of costs...

As a guide the motor and locking mechanism are about £50 apiece, and they'll charge you an hour's labour for the job - £200 all in here in Oxfordshire (on a 52 plate saloon).

If you are handy with a spanner it's a straightforward if fiddly job - here are guides to door card and facelift door card removal and door lock removal.  If you decide to do it yourself a few pounds spent on a telescopic magnet will save the frustration of trying to retrieve the bits you drop from the bottom of the door.  ::)
« Last Edit: 21 January 2009, 00:55:00 by merlindriver »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.