Chat Area > Omega Gallery

My Omega B2 2.2 16v from lemon to daily driver

(1/2) > >>

RallyArde:
I decided to make separate topic from this one, propably making another from my V6 later on... ;)

I bought this five years ago:

Its 2001 model facelift/B2 Omega 2.2 litre petrol engine, with manual gearbox and 40% LSD. Also this has air conditioning ;D  Car had more than few issues... Cam cover was leaking, thorttle body was in oil (breather setup/one the hoses was blocked), brake pedal feel was horrible, handbrake wasnīt ok, exhaust manifold was leaking and two studs had been snapped, rear wheel arch needed to replaced , driver side sill needed to also replaced and couple original bits were missing/wrong.

First years I was mainly doing repairs to engine and brakes:

I drilled out snapped studs from the head and got manifold skimmed straight.

I changed cambelt etc.

I fixed oil breather system, by drilling hole in the throttle body from 1mm to 2mm and adding new hoses. Also new gasket to cam cover, yes o-rings as well and I found that missing Ecotec-plastic over cam cover.

I got calipers rebuilt with new pistons and seals, new brake hoses, discs and pads. I also changed new handbrake cable.

In summer 2022 I did the biggest fixes for exterior:

There is also a VLog about that on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA0rIWSTNKc

(unfortunately my english isnīt that good :-\  )

After I got car back on road and was almost ready for MoT, I get caught from drifting and lost my driving licence for almost two months  :'(

Eventually I got the car to MoT, and just drive it through winter, after all this is my daily driver.

Last but not least, I took rear beam out for overhaul, meaning new bushes and quick service to LSD ;D

Whole beam was rebuilt and installed back to car, after then I took it for suspension geometry allignment and boy it was great to drive again! :y

As you may have noticed Iīm going D-I-Y-principal and the only thing that wasnīt done by me was the allignment.

Propably I forgot mention something cause there are so many things Iīve done to this, but thatīs mostly all by this far.

TheBoy:
Some decent restoration/repair work there  :y

dave the builder:
Nice work  :)

great photos  :)

your English is very good  :y

MikeV6:
Keep up the good work mate, I've subscribed to your channel  :y

RallyArde:
Thanks for your feedback guys! :)

I realized that there was no pictures or info from my wheels and tyres, but... originally had two sets of summer wheels for this, ones that are seen in earlier post came with car, and usually after summer they lookes likes this:

This is from 2021 ::)  I got cheap Triangle tyres, so I installed those and balanced the wheels.

Before this winter situation was almost the same:

At least I got used to aqua planing ;D

In november I started think which rims I would be putting on winter, so I came up solution to use former summer rims:

That leaves question for the summer right? And actually I found 100-edition 16" alloys, with few scarches:

I decided to refurbish them and give a new colour at the same ;)

I used 2k epoxy for primer.

And beige water base (Mercedes Benz, sand dune beige) and 2k clearcoat.

I got Nang Kang tyres some point but there was issues on threir strucktures/side walls, that reason I fitted Ovation tyres for the next summer:

There is the whole set waiting for me and summer 2024 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version