Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Euro Lottery - If you won it  (Read 5568 times)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
Re: Euro Lottery - If you won it
« Reply #45 on: 24 February 2021, 23:24:03 »

Something quick, and available to scratch the spend itch . . . just to get things going before I get serious.

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/200723360473025--fender-american-professional-ii-telecaster-roasted-pine-mn

After the above . . . . .?
I have to say cars, any car, would be low on my priority list. Listen, I drive a Volvo, and had several Omegas. Nuff said.
The big spend would have to be a second home. Possibly upmarket suburbs of Marrakech, or maybe South of France. Marrakech is not everyone's cup-of-tea but we like it.
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 24 February 2021, 23:36:01 »

I could give a million pounds to all of my friends, and still have £180 million left  ;D

Ditto.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 24 February 2021, 23:57:09 »

Actually, to be honest, I would fund a homeless shelter and an animal rescue to be run by my daughter. She would  love to spend her life helping people and animals who need help rather than doing the buy / sell shit every day.
Her heart is far to big to be working in the job she does.
Would also take swmbo to Memphis and Minneapolis as she is a big fan of Elvis and Prince and would like to visit their hometowns.
Probably send the Son to Vegas for a fortnight as he would bet on two flies crawling up a wall.
Pay someone to build me a Facelift Omega Elite with Lotus Carlton running gear for a bit of fun.
« Last Edit: 24 February 2021, 23:59:10 by Migv6 le Frog Fan »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 25 February 2021, 00:15:46 »

Pay someone to build me a Facelift Omega Elite with Lotus Carlton running gear for a bit of fun.

I used to like the Lotus Senator that is/was around  :)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 25 February 2021, 07:59:52 »

Always fancied an XJR-15 given that a CX75 is unachievable.

Of course, big house with lots of garages and a shed for the train would be good

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 25 February 2021, 08:00:55 »

As someone said recently, Lottery tickets = A tax on hope.
8)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 25 February 2021, 08:36:14 »

When I was running our syndicate at work for the "normal" lottery if we had amassed a few quid I would sometimes buy some euro tickets but never won a single penny , had several small wins on the lotto with the syndicate though. My best win on my own ticket was £14,000 a few years back & I won £74 a couple of weeks ago, I've a pal who puts £10 a week on the Lotto and has never won a single penny since it started.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 25 February 2021, 09:53:14 »

I could cope with this ::)

Since this pic its had a helicopter landing pad added. 8)

Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 25 February 2021, 10:40:22 »

Of course, big house with lots of garages and a shed for the train would be good

If it's possible, I wonder what a private spur onto the rail network would cost.  ???
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 25 February 2021, 11:16:34 »

When I was running our syndicate at work for the "normal" lottery if we had amassed a few quid I would sometimes buy some euro tickets but never won a single penny , had several small wins on the lotto with the syndicate though. My best win on my own ticket was £14,000 a few years back & I won £74 a couple of weeks ago, I've a pal who puts £10 a week on the Lotto and has never won a single penny since it started.

The normal National Lottery increased the number of balls a while back, on top of increasing the ticket price, thus the odds became very much worse. Before then I would get the occasional small win, enough to keep me interested, I once got £1,500. However, now it's pretty much pissing money up the wall. £180m? The Lottery likes to see these big numbers being thrown around as it's publicity, in reality however I would much rather have a better chance of getting just £1m, or less. I would not complain about £100K!
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 25 February 2021, 11:38:12 »

If it's possible, I wonder what a private spur onto the rail network would cost.  ???

Think of a number, multiply it, multiply it again, then remember its Network Rail, add some more, factor a ten year time frame in, add a bit more.....then realise even the euro millions could not cover it.   ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 25 February 2021, 11:44:55 »

Think of a number, multiply it, multiply it again, then remember its Network Rail, add some more, factor a ten year time frame in, add a bit more.....then realise even the euro millions could not cover it.   ;D

It took many many years for the ELR to be joined to the main line at Heywood  ;) I assume that was a money thing (as well as a bridge  ;D) )

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 25 February 2021, 12:02:41 »

The normal National Lottery increased the number of balls a while back, on top of increasing the ticket price, thus the odds became very much worse. Before then I would get the occasional small win, enough to keep me interested, I once got £1,500. However, now it's pretty much pissing money up the wall. £180m? The Lottery likes to see these big numbers being thrown around as it's publicity, in reality however I would much rather have a better chance of getting just £1m, or less. I would not complain about £100K!

I just do 6 quid a week now a couple of mates & myself ( £2 each) started it last June when I retired only a couple of small wins to date.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 25 February 2021, 13:15:47 »

I could cope with this ::)

Since this pic its had a helicopter landing pad added. 8)

Who owns this unassuming humble little home?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 25 February 2021, 13:16:42 »

I'd buy Jay Leno's car and bike collection.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.