Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Smart Meters (Yorkshire Water)  (Read 3364 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: Smart Meters (Yorkshire Water)
« Reply #15 on: 18 March 2021, 19:18:59 »

I've not bothered with replying to my supplier re smart meters only takes a minute to read my meters every quarter.
« Last Edit: 18 March 2021, 19:28:53 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 March 2021, 19:27:43 »

smart meters are offered to also give the user an idea of what appliance uses what amount of power .... so that you can see that the kettle use around 50p per hour etc

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 March 2021, 19:31:45 »

smart meters are offered to also give the user an idea of what appliance uses what amount of power .... so that you can see that the kettle use around 50p per hour etc
This is the discussion I had with the stupid uneducated poor girl who had a bad upbringing on the phone. I said that I knew it cost money to produce heat and I didn't need a smart meter to tell me that.
Diesel till I die

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 March 2021, 20:57:16 »

smart meters are offered to also give the user an idea of what appliance uses what amount of power .... so that you can see that the kettle use [/highlight]around 50p per hour etc
When my late sister in law had hers fitted, she used to sit there watching the thing rack up what she was using and worrying the life out of her. Perhaps that's why she died suddenly. :(

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19 March 2021, 14:13:45 »

Wonder if it has a battery in it and its gone flat . . . . .

I believe there is an impeller on the source water which keeps it topped up on power.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19 March 2021, 17:34:01 »

Wonder if it has a battery in it and its gone flat . . . . .

I believe there is an impeller on the source water which keeps it topped up on power.

Makes sence and keeps costs down.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 19 March 2021, 20:02:08 »

I don't have a smart meter yet in the nearly 7yrs I've lived here no one has ever called to read the meter[it's in the bathroom] when I get the bill it always says it's an estimated reading but it's only one or two units out either way so at least I'm not racking up a huge underpayment bill.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 March 2021, 00:31:11 »

My last house I had a water meter fitted shortly after moving in (24/5 years ago) and my bill dropped from £365 PA to £240/250ish.£20 a month. ::)

When I got ill the bills dropped to £11 PM and 1 phaze due to being laid up it droped to £4PM  for a tad. :-X

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 20 March 2021, 09:59:03 »

I don't have a smart meter yet in the nearly 7yrs I've lived here no one has ever called to read the meter[it's in the bathroom] when I get the bill it always says it's an estimated reading but it's only one or two units out either way so at least I'm not racking up a huge underpayment bill.
I thought that the power companies were only allowed to send a certain number of estimated bills and then the meter had to be read. Think it's in the Ofgem regs they have to abide by.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 20 March 2021, 16:53:18 »

I thought that the power companies were only allowed to send a certain number of estimated bills and then the meter had to be read. Think it's in the Ofgem regs they have to abide by.

EON once told me that they had to visually inspect thier meter and have a meter reading at least every 2 years, obviously having the smart meter they are getting thier readings, but it cant be that smart that it safety checks itself.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 20 March 2021, 19:56:58 »

No idea on the rules and regs. but certainly my meter has never been looked at or read in the years I've lived here.Can't recall off hand who the supplier is as I get two different bills one is from Anglian Water and the other from Severn Trent one is for water supply etc and the other is for the run off water from the property.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 20 March 2021, 22:13:19 »

No idea on the rules and regs. but certainly my meter has never been looked at or read in the years I've lived here.Can't recall off hand who the supplier is as I get two different bills one is from Anglian Water and the other from Severn Trent one is for water supply etc and the other is for the run off water from the property.
Water meters don't have to be checked, gas and electric ones do.
Diesel till I die

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21 March 2021, 10:18:17 »

Water meters don't have to be checked, gas and electric ones do.
.. and water meters have supported remote reading since long before "smart" leccy and gas meters. Saves the meter reader having to clear out all the ants nests for pavement meters.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 22 March 2021, 11:22:47 »

I know it's been years since anyone looked at my meters as my electrician cut the seals on the master fuse 10 years ago and no one has been near it to even notice the seals aren't there.

I will add, the meter is in a room I'm using for storage and it's a 5 minute job for me to get a meter reading. They aren't going to be sending anyone in that room for a while.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 22 March 2021, 18:10:54 »

I know it's been years since anyone looked at my meters as my electrician cut the seals on the master fuse 10 years ago and no one has been near it to even notice the seals aren't there.

I will add, the meter is in a room I'm using for storage and it's a 5 minute job for me to get a meter reading. They aren't going to be sending anyone in that room for a while.
Your "Electrician" should have put a temporary seal on and notified the D.N.O If he removed the seal to " isolate the supply in an emergency" (the only reason NON DNO authorised personal are allowed to break the seal)

It's a common problem ,people pull the DNO's head/ main fuse to make dead to fit new consumer units.

technically even real ,qualified ,certified electricians are NOT allowed to remove DNO seals  :-X

if the seal is missing when the electricity supplier does a safety inspection (every 5 years on Gas or electric IIRC ) then you could be fined and billed £££££ for meter tampering  :o

I advise you get your "electrician" to purchase and fit  seals clicky  ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.