Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Widest wheel, lowest offset  (Read 4303 times)

JunboJames

• Midlands, England
    • I don't, at the minute.
    • View Profile
Re: Widest wheel, lowest offset
« Reply #15 on: 19 February 2014, 17:15:33 »

Just forget I asked!
None of you seem to want to actually help. I was simple asking if the wheels I want to fit, would fit. But all of you only want to tell me how they're a sensitive chassis, have camber issues, and how it'll be horrible to drive.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 February 2014, 17:26:37 »

Just forget I asked!
None of you seem to want to actually help. I was simple asking if the wheels I want to fit, would fit. But all of you only want to tell me how they're a sensitive chassis, have camber issues, and how it'll be horrible to drive.

We are helping ... we're trying to stop you making a large mistake that could, potentially, cost you, or someone else, their life.... if you don't think that is helpful advice ... then there is little hope you'll actually listen to anything ... however .. I'll try .. the answer is .. "no they won't fit" ...  happy now ???

JunboJames

• Midlands, England
    • I don't, at the minute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 February 2014, 18:01:37 »

Entwood, I understand why you're saying what you're saying, but I don't see how it's helpful on this thread. I would've rather had you say yes or no in the first place, rather than wasting alot of time going on about how the chassis is sensitive to the suspension set-up, how the are camber issues on the rear and everything else that was said for no real reason

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 February 2014, 18:06:53 »

Entwood, I understand why you're saying what you're saying, but I don't see how it's helpful on this thread. I would've rather had you say yes or no in the first place, rather than wasting alot of time going on about how the chassis is sensitive to the suspension set-up, how the are camber issues on the rear and everything else that was said for no real reason

If trying to save a life is "no real reason" then there is little hope for you my friend ...  :(

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19 February 2014, 18:39:35 »

Oh to be young and stupid again :-X :-X :-X Well I'm halfway there ::) ::) ::)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19 February 2014, 18:52:52 »

Trying to help this bloke is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious

chrisgixer

« Reply #21 on: 19 February 2014, 19:00:52 »

Bit of a random one, but, whats the widest wheel and lowest offset you can run on the front and rear?
Because when I get an Omega I want to put 18x9.5 et12 wheels on it, but I'm going to need adapters to change the PCD from 5x110 to 5x114.3, I also want to put 16x10 et-10 wheels on the rear.

So what I'm asking is, are both of them width-offsets combo's possible?

Thanks, James

No!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 19 February 2014, 19:48:36 »

The tyre won't fit the rim, at least 5cm too narrow, so won't seal, even before you get any lateral forces on it. Any responsible tyre fitter will refuse to fit such a tyre, and any that agrees to fit needs to be reported. As others have said, it would be dangerous, and you need to understand this.

I have no problem with people wanting to be individual, but no style is worth a life.

Thats before we consider that you want to use spacers. I have less of an issue with spacers from a safety viewpoint, but they are not ideal.

But to answer your question, ignoring the stupidity of what you are trying to achieve, no, those wheels will not fit by a country mile without fouling either the strut of the wheelarch, no matter what spacers you use.
Grumpy old man

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19 February 2014, 19:53:27 »

Trying to help this bloke is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious

I wish we had a "rofl" emoticon.
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

beefyecosse

• newmains lanarkshire
    • 2.6 cdx saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19 February 2014, 22:36:32 »

URL=http://s415.photobucket.com/user/beefyecosse/media/Facebook/Instagram%20Photos/1003937_10201324202604089_1322184653_n.jpg.html][/URL]  these are my 10 inch wide azev A's ET 18  fitted with 245/40/17 fitted to the rear of my omega i also have 8.5 wide on the front with an ET 13 offset.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19 February 2014, 22:37:16 »

Bottom line is, it will probably fit.

Probably will work quite fine forever and a day.

Probably handle absolutely fantoosh when cruisin in straight ones on your high street or suitable straight line raceway.

Probably handle like a bag of shite on anything resembling a corner and spit you off into your aunt fannys cottage or bus queue.

Cool as fek on the YouTube vids, mag photoshits or bar bragging rights though.

And, when it all goes the shape of the pear, your QC will be rubbing their cash cards together awaiting the result of your appeal.

Your call.  8)

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #26 on: 19 February 2014, 23:31:25 »

URL=http://s415.photobucket.com/user/beefyecosse/media/Facebook/Instagram%20Photos/1003937_10201324202604089_1322184653_n.jpg.html][/URL]  these are my 10 inch wide azev A's ET 18  fitted with 245/40/17 fitted to the rear of my omega i also have 8.5 wide on the front with an ET 13 offset.

Those rear tyres look too narrow for the rim width ;)

To help the op making an expensive fool of himself this link gives table of tyre widths for given rim widths - http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/tyre-size-for-rim-width_topic60146.html  HTH ::)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

05omegav6

« Reply #27 on: 19 February 2014, 23:34:38 »

Htf does that pass an MoT with 17" tyres on 18" wheels :o

omega3000

« Reply #28 on: 19 February 2014, 23:39:57 »

:o

chrisgixer

« Reply #29 on: 19 February 2014, 23:42:38 »

That's about the only way to wedge a 9.5j on the front of an omega ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.