Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Interior trim  (Read 4236 times)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: Interior trim
« Reply #15 on: 04 July 2015, 21:42:35 »

Dez, as you're not going to be fitting a sunroof, use a multimeter to check which wires are  an ignition switched positive and  an earth. Cut those just behind the plug and use them for the camera.

05omegav6

« Reply #16 on: 05 July 2015, 01:11:35 »

Dez, as you're not going to be fitting a sunroof, use a multimeter to check which wires are  an ignition switched positive and  an earth. Cut those just behind the plug and use them for the camera.
Be prudent to confirm that it is the sunroof plug first first... Easiest way to do that is to locate and identify the other two spare plugs :y

DezB

• Derby
    • 52 2.2 CD Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 July 2015, 10:43:18 »

Hi

The one in the photo is a "block" style plug, the other two are flat style plugs.  What I meant in my previous reply was, is there a name for that particular style of plug, i.e in computer terms, (more up my street), Molex or SATA.  What I had thought of doing was trying to fine its matching other half and using that to just plug the camera in. I do like things neat and tidy I have to admit.

As was also previously mentioned though it does seem to make more sense to just remove the block plug and utilise the wires with a different plug/socket.

Hope this makes more sense as to what I am trying to achieve, apologies if it's just waffle though.

Many thanks.

DezB

05omegav6

« Reply #18 on: 05 July 2015, 15:06:14 »

Ok if you have definitely found two unused flat plugs, then that one IS the sunroof one :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.