Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: CHEAPEST EXHAUSTS V6  (Read 4215 times)

kevrottie

• View Profile
Re: CHEAPEST EXHAUSTS V6
« Reply #15 on: 01 February 2007, 20:07:49 »

i had a complete system £280 from powerflow its no more mosiy than the standard systems are has a life time guarentee thats something vx dont give you also once it passed mot took it back to powerflow had bloth cats removed for £40 and that was making the decat pipes replaceable !!as for power flow you hear that many stories about them its ike any custom exhaust it just dipends on which branch you use !!
« Last Edit: 01 February 2007, 20:09:31 by kevrottie »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 February 2007, 22:26:32 »

i had a complete system £280 from powerflow its no more mosiy than the standard systems are has a life time guarentee thats something vx dont give you also once it passed mot took it back to powerflow had bloth cats removed for £40 and that was making the decat pipes replaceable !!as for power flow you hear that many stories about them its ike any custom exhaust it just dipends on which branch you use !!

That is an excellent price for stainless steel!

Had quotes of £400 plus for my old Mondeo on stainless... never bothered.

Last GM zorst lasted 6 years / 95 k miles. If i get the same i'll be happy  :)

Essex_Andy

• Have a guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 February 2007, 11:18:19 »

I have had powerflow systems on various cars before and off the shelf systems from magnex and the like

I like the powerflow approach as the buyer can decided what finish, how noisy, how many tail pipes etc and all with a lifetime gurantee
If an artic overtakes you, you're driving too slow!!!!!!!!!!!

philayl

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral, Merseyide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 February 2007, 13:24:57 »

Hi All, do you get trade club prices if you buy it fitted by Vauxhall, or only if you buy the parts?

kevrottie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02 February 2007, 14:23:45 »

I admit i was dubious about powerflow but our local branch had mixed reviews the two systems ive had done there were excellent id recomend it to any one the car was gone 4 hours and what a difference it made !!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02 February 2007, 18:05:18 »

Hi All, do you get trade club prices if you buy it fitted by Vauxhall, or only if you buy the parts?
Officially parts only....
Grumpy old man

mikewomball

• st.austell,cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 February 2007, 18:32:47 »

hi guys its the exhaust guy thanks for all your info on the problem, well i got some desisions to make a gm right through will cost me in cornwall dealership £1123.39.and thats got to hurt anybodys pockek.kwik fit were my mate is has done a deal full system with cats instaled should be £574.30 but can get for £480.00.and this is a bosel exhaust.3years guarantee.however powerflow have given it a look and complemented me on my bosel flexi pipe job to get me by with not having any cats,they can do cats,system,plus to bypas pipes so can have best of both worlds and twin 3inch outward rolled tail for £360.00.fitted with two universal cats,two centre boxs two keep floor pan noise down and back box.so guys which way do you think considering i got uprated fuel pump on,stainless steal dual air induction kit do you think should go the hole hog like powerflow recommend to get most out of car with induction etc or keep it standard system.hense gm very dear even if had trade card and i thank you all for the help with that as well guys so many kind offers that i havent rulled out yet .just want to go down the right road first time and final time.considering i have asked powerflow to make a system thats not loud as well ,as i dont want it loud ,but sporty is fine,i think for value and made to measure in stainless with the best of both worlds decat option and cat option to my own conveneince.its hard to decide and part with such large sums of money as any one of us married men with kids will know (got to keep wife happy to)she likes the sporty idea but does not want it noisey.please give me some feedback so can make a majority vote here would be very gratefull.thanks guys mike(remembered to keep caps lock off) :-/
« Last Edit: 02 February 2007, 18:52:35 by mikewomball »

Essex_Andy

• Have a guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02 February 2007, 18:51:24 »

hi guys its the exhaust guy thanks for all your info on the problem well i got some desisions to make gm right through will cost me in cornwall dealer £1123.39.and thats got to hurt any pockek.kwik fit were my mate is has done a deal full system with cats instaled should be £574.30 but can get for £480.00.and this is a bosel exhaust.3years guarantee.powerflow have given it a look complemented me on my bosel flexi pipe job to get me by with no cats,they can do cats,system,plus to bypas pipes so can have best of both worlds and twin 3inch outward rolled tail for £360.00.fitted with two universal cats,two centre boxs two keep floor pan noice down and back box.so guys which way do you think considering i got uprated fuel pump on,stainless steal dual induction do you think should go the hole hog like powerflow recommend to get most out car with induction etc or keep to standard system gm very dear even if had trade card and thank you all for the help with that as well guys so many kind offers there i havent rulled out yet but just want to go down the right road first time and final time.considering i have asked powerflow to make a system thats not load as well as i dont want it loud but sporty is fine,i think for value made to measure in stainless with the best of both worlds decat and cat and my own conveneince.its hard to part with such large sums of money as any one of us married men with kids will know (got to keep wife happy to)shy likes the sporty idea but does not want it noisey.please give me some feedback so can make a majority vote here would be very gratefull.thanks guys mike(remembered to keep caps lock off) :-/

1 for the powerflow stainless system with lifetime gurantee and cat bypass
« Last Edit: 02 February 2007, 19:15:31 by Essex_Andy »
If an artic overtakes you, you're driving too slow!!!!!!!!!!!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02 February 2007, 19:08:36 »

The Bosal the Kwit Sh!t use are pretty poor. If they last 3 years I'd be amazed - the guarantee relies on you forgetting/not being bothered in claiming...

So stainless it is then ;)
« Last Edit: 02 February 2007, 19:09:00 by TheBoy »
Grumpy old man

mikewomball

• st.austell,cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02 February 2007, 19:55:16 »

well thanks guys if bosel are not worth sniffing at and gm way to pricey then well it looks like its cats and system with bypass pipes so have option to change from powerflow then.i have been down this road with my 150+bhp redtop calibra years ago and it was i admit the dogs balls and apart from me having a freeflow single box system then wasent very noisy and opened up loads of bhps and most importantly torque levels were right up.umm we probably booking in to powerflow on monday for the works for under £300.00.money talks and more so when its back in your own pocket and the performance side with lifetime guarentee helps too.cheers all will let you know and get some pics up of final job.will have to do rolling road to see results.
« Last Edit: 02 February 2007, 19:56:54 by mikewomball »

kevrottie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02 February 2007, 19:59:21 »

id defo go powerflow i was reluctant aswell but as soon as i got gm prices i soon ran to powerflow and i will recomend then to any one my exhaust note on tickover is no different and on motorway is also not much louder than the standard system was !! as 4 the missis mine didnt have a clue it was on until she saw the tailpipe lol
« Last Edit: 02 February 2007, 20:01:24 by kevrottie »

blinkinink

• Staffordshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02 February 2007, 20:15:14 »

Me too, I am going for the powerflow option on my 99 2.5v6, after searching far and wide Powerflow seem to have all the boxes ticked. Does anyone know if they can provide an irmscher "double d" type tail pipe ??

mikewomball

• st.austell,cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02 February 2007, 20:26:23 »

its powerflow for sure and i just been on there site and it looks like you can get the double d as the are pics on there showing the same style not that its imsher thow probably there own style cant wait for mine to be done now its also a v6 99 manual but 2.5 cdx model with added extras,in black my pride and joy. :y

mikewomball

• st.austell,cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02 February 2007, 20:29:32 »

i think your right kev and my wife loved the calibra when it had powerflow on it so think she be well happy this time being on an elite car like the omega thanks for your imput bud

blinkinink

• Staffordshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02 February 2007, 21:36:11 »

I think you can cut the cost down by having 1 single pipe instead of the twin centre pieces. Not sure if this will affect performance though :-? I have a picture of the single on a Omega but dont know how to attach it to show you
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.