Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: CHEAPEST EXHAUSTS V6  (Read 4216 times)

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: CHEAPEST EXHAUSTS V6
« Reply #30 on: 02 February 2007, 21:46:56 »

Kostas (Omega V6cd) is the man to speak to about SS systems.

He had one on his 2.5 V6 last year and will be able to advise on the best choice of single/twin centre sections.

I'll ask him to add his comments.
The Administrator.

mikewomball

• st.austell,cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02 February 2007, 21:57:09 »

i going for two individual banks 60mm left bank centre box into back box and 60mm right bank going into centre box into back box with cat bypass pipes fitted each side from down left and right down pipes this is what powerflow priced up and recomended as best performance for balanced back presure.

blinkinink

• Staffordshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 02 February 2007, 22:11:52 »

Whats the cost of that system Mike ??

mikewomball

• st.austell,cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02 February 2007, 22:18:13 »

£360.00 maybe £380.00 depends on back tail design i pick going for the twin 3"at moment rolled outwards that was £360.00

omegaV6CD

• Intermediate Member
  • Darlington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02 February 2007, 22:37:38 »

Hi guys,
below are a few links of the pictures i took when i fitted the exhaust at Blueflame.
i went for 1 centre section as there was no need for 2 plus i could save a bit of weight.
The use of 2 centre secrions is required for low noise emissions during the pass by noise testing of a vehicle. Since i wanted a sporty note from the exhaust 1 centre section was more than enough.
The system as you can see in the pictures joins the cats with 57mm pipe and then these pipes form a y section to join the 63mm inlet of the centre box. Attention is needed so that the angle of the y section is kept small so that you could benefit from the pulsation of the gases and not oppose their forces. After the mid box the 63mm piping continues till the back box and at last there are 2X60mm tailpipes that look subtle and don't make the exhaust look aout of place. I paid 325£ for the system and it took them a good 5 hours to fabricate it. It is quiet and sporty in the same time and when first drove the car with it i felt the engine more lively accross the rev range(this might be due to the fact that the old system was knackered).

mikewomball

• st.austell,cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 02 February 2007, 22:49:20 »

nice looking kit thanks for your imput will chat to powerflow in more detail about single centre section on monday before they start.chears will have to wait and see as i dont want it to loud so as long as the noise comes from the back box and not up the floor pan ideal,i like the luxury of the cabin with low noise levels so will see if its to my requiments doing it like that many thanks as it will be catless so have to consider that as well.

chaz

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 03 February 2007, 17:13:09 »

my dad went custom. much better than gm, plus its shiny n not black!

blinkinink

• Staffordshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04 February 2007, 12:21:20 »

Just got off the phone from Stafford Powerflow, they are really helpful and will knock me a system up like yours on Thursday.....an extra £100 for the 2nd pipe to keep a tiny bit of noise down was a bit much for me. Besides I`ve got used to the sound of a blown silencer !!!
Formula 1 want £190 for a tin foil system. Powerflow want £280 for quality, iits a no brainer :y :y
Let us know how you get on Mike

Jim Bob2

• Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 04 February 2007, 12:51:39 »

Don't fit a BOSAL. I had one fitted and made the car sound like a 1976 RS 2000.
I wish I had paid a bit more for a genuine one. Can't wait for it to fall off. >:(
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 19 queries.