Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: no heater  (Read 4210 times)

russy

• View Profile
no heater
« on: 01 February 2010, 14:38:08 »

Hi aLL
just bought an omega 2.2 petrol  52 plate love the car but wish now i had never seen it no heater have had new head gasket fitted plus skimmed new 3 way flow valve new thermastat cost 1000.00 pound still no heater need help all garages can do is suggest then say sorry no faults showing in diagnostic check by aa or garages any suggestions.

Russ :D

neilr

• Intermediate Member
  • Barnet, Herts
    • View Profile
Re: no heater
« Reply #1 on: 01 February 2010, 15:02:15 »

try flushing the heater rad and then refil as per intructions on here worked a treat on mine. also if you clamp the hoses you wil not lose much of your new antifreeze.

GaryBC

• Intermediate Member
  • Egham, Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 February 2010, 15:34:57 »

I also soaked mine in some kettle descaler which helped. Although I think that, once they're clogged, there's not a lot can be done with them.

There's a How-To guide here somewhere which shows getting the matrix out through a hole cut in the trim. If I've still got my Miggy next winter that's what I'll be having a go at!

In addition to clamping the hoses I syphoned the coolant out into a bucket. Caught nearly all of it!
« Last Edit: 01 February 2010, 15:36:26 by GaryBC »

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 February 2010, 08:19:13 »

1000 quid for a headgasket change on a 4 pot....kin ell, I am very much in the wrong buisness.....

Also check they have connected the bypass valve correctly.

Welung666

« Reply #4 on: 02 February 2010, 08:25:40 »

Where abouts are you Russ? Maybe someone local could help I will if I'm close enough ;) :y

russy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 February 2010, 22:25:00 »

Any one in the north east aibale to help purchased 2.2 pettol 52 plate no heater had fitted new coil  110.00cylinder head gasget skim 625.00 new 3 way valve 75.00 new thermastat etc 120.00 no heat driving me mad as cant use car late in day early mornings because of visual problems contact number 01670505 166 drove the 3.5 as police officer should of bought that model maby never let me down appreciate any help willing to pay for remedy believe the matrix requires flushing mayswell speak chinese to me/
Russ.

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 February 2010, 22:27:32 »

Have a read of this mate, fairly straightforward http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1263473441
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Welung666

« Reply #7 on: 05 February 2010, 22:28:35 »

Where in the NE are you Russ? I'll be in Lincoln week after next if you fancy a run down?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 February 2010, 22:31:40 »

Any one in the north east aibale to help purchased 2.2 pettol 52 plate no heater had fitted new coil  110.00cylinder head gasget skim 625.00 new 3 way valve 75.00 new thermastat etc 120.00 no heat driving me mad as cant use car late in day early mornings because of visual problems contact number 01670505 166 drove the 3.5 as police officer should of bought that model maby never let me down appreciate any help willing to pay for remedy believe the matrix requires flushing mayswell speak chinese to me/
Russ.

£120 for a thermostat on a 4 pot? It only costs £40, and its a 30 min job!

I would remove your number, its not wise posting that on a public forum, ask people to PM you for your number  :y

Need to check the fitted the HBV the right way around, and no air locks in the heater matrix  :y
« Last Edit: 05 February 2010, 22:32:11 by tunnie »

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 February 2010, 23:28:54 »

where are you mate ?

Jamieo

« Reply #10 on: 06 February 2010, 06:15:10 »

where are you mate ?

Looking at his phone number I would say he was somewhere around the morpeth area.

Bionic

• Omega Knight
  • Leicester
  • Why drive anything else?
    • 1999 F/L 3.0 Elite saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 February 2010, 06:32:16 »

Welcome to the OOF, next time ask before you rush into anything if you are not sure of what to do. £1000.00 for that amount of work?.  :D I was definitely in the wrong trade if this was/is the going rate for those jobs.
I really do feel your pain. They really took you for a ride pal and probably hope you will be back for more of their 'expertise'. Tell us you won't be going back please!
Firstly find yourself another garage! There are plenty of guys here on the OOF that will help you and even travel to you by arrangement. You can be certain of a fair deal and no rip offs too.
Hope you do get it sorted but do try a reverse flush job yourself as it is an easy job and is well explained in the maintenance guides section.
GudLuk
« Last Edit: 06 February 2010, 06:35:04 by its.ray »
Too old to suffer, too young to die!
Autobahnstormers Trade Cards now accepted at Drive Leicester and at Marshall's Vauxhall.

russy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07 February 2010, 14:31:29 »

Thanks Guys for all your help, still no heater though however shall try to find a garage to fl;ush matrix system, would be great if some one perhaps as one suggested on the oof whatever that is could make contact or perhaps one of you guys could reccomend some one ,ready to go to B/Q for a rope .

Russ.

Welung666

« Reply #13 on: 07 February 2010, 15:56:57 »

Thanks Guys for all your help, still no heater though however shall try to find a garage to fl;ush matrix system, would be great if some one perhaps as one suggested on the oof whatever that is could make contact or perhaps one of you guys could reccomend some one ,ready to go to B/Q for a rope .

Russ.

I did offer  ::) Closest I can get though is Lincoln, week starting 15th feb.

russy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07 February 2010, 21:46:42 »

Thanks Wellung 666 help appreciated however Lincoln is a long way from Morpeth to have car looked at, need it fixing

Russ.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.468 seconds with 18 queries.