Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: no heater  (Read 4208 times)

covey

• London (Peckham)
    • View Profile
Re: no heater
« Reply #30 on: 15 March 2010, 16:51:49 »

The question is Phil, are you sitting with a satisfied smile on your face and heat in the car, or is your matrix and engine sitting on the floor having disolved under the attack from scalding acid.

Elf and Safety will be scouring the countryside for shifty looking Omega owners clutching tins of orange sherbert!!

PS..  I shall be trying this at the weekend cos we don't have Elf & S in Peckham.
« Last Edit: 15 March 2010, 16:53:26 by covey »

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 15 March 2010, 17:42:43 »

Phil .. my reason is quite simple ... if you are flushing through constantly with a hose .. the water will be cold, so the thermostat will be closed. The water you flush with will clear the radiator and the main pipes very quickly, but with the thermostat closed as the system is "cold" the main engine block and the heater matrix, which are both "inside" the thermostat loop, will hardly get any water. By doing what I suggest the system runs to temperature, the thermostat opens, and the whole system has the water mixed ... so a couple of cycles of this and the system is clean.

Just my thoughts... nowt else ..  :)

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 15 March 2010, 19:27:29 »

Phil .. my reason is quite simple ... if you are flushing through constantly with a hose .. the water will be cold, so the thermostat will be closed. The water you flush with will clear the radiator and the main pipes very quickly, but with the thermostat closed as the system is "cold" the main engine block and the heater matrix, which are both "inside" the thermostat loop, will hardly get any water. By doing what I suggest the system runs to temperature, the thermostat opens, and the whole system has the water mixed ... so a couple of cycles of this and the system is clean.

Just my thoughts... nowt else ..  :)

Quite right Entwood, I bow to your superior Intellect and Knowledge ;) ;D :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 15 March 2010, 19:32:23 »

The question is Phil, are you sitting with a satisfied smile on your face and heat in the car, or is your matrix and engine sitting on the floor having disolved under the attack from scalding acid.

Elf and Safety will be scouring the countryside for shifty looking Omega owners clutching tins of orange sherbert!!

PS..  I shall be trying this at the weekend cos we don't have Elf & S in Peckham.

Car OK, all Aly bits OK, acid mix is  designed to be safe at the described concentration  :y
As for Elf n Shifty, we don't do it here, we use common sense ;D ;D :y
BTW, if you do have a go, bear in mind what Entwood says about the final flush, he's quite right :y

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 17 March 2010, 21:55:57 »

Just an update to descaling the cooling system.
The cabin heat is now spot on!, the problem I had with occassional overheating into the red zone followed by the needle dropping to below 75deg.  is now a thing of the past & the temperature behaves as it should now, thank goodness :D Also, the EML has gone off and STAYED OFF for two days now!!!! Before, it would come on for no discernable reason during a run and after I cleared the code (always P0170 Lean Exhaust) it would return on the next run. All problems now gone, hopefully never to return. I think the old girl is getting to like all the attention I am lavishing on her and repaying me for my efforts ;D

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 17 March 2010, 22:19:57 »

Just an update to descaling the cooling system.
The cabin heat is now spot on!, the problem I had with occassional overheating into the red zone followed by the needle dropping to below 75deg.  is now a thing of the past & the temperature behaves as it should now, thank goodness :D Also, the EML has gone off and STAYED OFF for two days now!!!! Before, it would come on for no discernable reason during a run and after I cleared the code (always P0170 Lean Exhaust) it would return on the next run. All problems now gone, hopefully never to return. I think the old girl is getting to like all the attention I am lavishing on her and repaying me for my efforts ;D
That's exactly the type of thing you should NEVER say when you've got an Omega, trust me  ;D ;D ;D
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

russy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 19 March 2010, 15:12:10 »

Hi Philrich.
How do you clear the codep0170 from the system, and any chance of a drive across to you to take a look at my heater problem.

Russ.

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 19 March 2010, 17:00:07 »

Hi Philrich.
How do you clear the codep0170 from the system, and any chance of a drive across to you to take a look at my heater problem.

Russ.

Hi Russ, you could come to mine next Monday or Tuesday anytime after 10am? or failing that, we are having a meet of local members on the 28th at 12noon at 'The Windmill' , formerly the Dalton Lodge, on the Southbound A19 between Hartlepool & Billingham.  PM me for contact details & arrange things?  :y

russy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 27 June 2010, 09:14:21 »

has anybody out there got a oxygen censor to fit a 2002 petrol 2 litre omega 4 wires that they can sell to me.

Russ Ward :)

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 27 June 2010, 10:12:05 »

has anybody out there got a oxygen censor to fit a 2002 petrol 2 litre omega 4 wires that they can sell to me.

Russ Ward :)

This has been an interesting thread Russy - aside from your current request, can you tell us how you got on with the heater problem.  Were you able to get it fixed? :y

russy

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 27 June 2010, 13:54:03 »

Hi Zulu77.

the omega baron philrich was great and worked on my car and the heater is now working i would say at 80% a great effort and a major improvement .
although now the car is lumpy when first started for about 1 minute i have had camshaft centre sensor replaced but no change and i believe it is the oxygen sensor with the help of the AA patrol service advise.
so anyone got one they can sell me at a reasonable cost also any advise on removing the old one the nut seams very tight.
Russ :D

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 27 June 2010, 14:30:03 »

Thanks Russ :y  I'm glad that you had some resolution to the heater problem - lets hope you can get the present one sorted without too much difficulty :y :y
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.