Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Temp Gauge Not Working Resolved  (Read 1437 times)

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
Temp Gauge Not Working Resolved
« on: 18 February 2013, 20:11:24 »

Hi guys, Haven't posted for a while so thought I would give you all an update on the gauge situation.
Original thread here
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=89541.0

For three and half years I have had no temp gauge working and this has been giving me hassle to try and resolve this problem. All the tests I tried did not work so thought I would remove the clocks to have a look behind them and this is what I found

I found the problem to the problem, wish I had looked here first ::)

So I decided to buy another set of clocks which I purchased from OSP, don't worry everyone they were the same clocks. Fitted them into the car and went to check them by earthing the temp gauge but nothing, the needle didn't even move aahhhhhhh!! back to square one.  >:( :(

When earthing the gauge out the needle doesn't move but the red light comes on, so this doesn't work, as a friend of mine tried it and his didn't work when earthing it out either, so heated the temp sensor and earthed it out and the needle moved up to the red yeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaa!! a working gauge problem solved  :) :) :)

So at the weekend the plenum, inlet etc will be removed and the sensor put back in its rightful place. If anyone has a situation like mine then check the back of the gauges to make sure the track is in good condition and not broken, see pic above.

If anyone needs to get replacement clocks make sure they are the correct ones, check you Ident code and product number, the product code is the eight digit number and the Ident code is two letters,  see below

« Last Edit: 18 February 2013, 20:14:10 by VX1 »
Vx Trade club card holder
Halfords trade card holder

JayMV6

• Reading
    • View Profile
Re: Temp Gauge Not Working Resolved
« Reply #1 on: 03 March 2013, 19:09:49 »

Good advice. Congrats on sorting out the headache that lasted 3.5 years  :y :y :y :y :y :y :y

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
Re: Temp Gauge Not Working Resolved
« Reply #2 on: 04 March 2013, 20:22:52 »

Cheers jaymv6, yeah three and a half years of tourment but now all over and working
Vx Trade club card holder
Halfords trade card holder
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.