Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: exhaust fumes from front drivers side??!!  (Read 826 times)

2.2dti

• North West
    • View Profile
exhaust fumes from front drivers side??!!
« on: 05 February 2007, 10:57:10 »

Hi All :),

New to the forum as I have just bought an '02 plate omega 2.2dti I am loving it but I have a query...

In the cold weather I have noticed some exhaust typr fumes coming out from just in front of the drivers side front wheel...I am thinking it may have something to do with the little exhaust silencer type thing that is sitting there...am I right in thinkling the car may have some sort of diesel powered auxiluary cabin heater that is generating these fumes?? if so then happy days...if not can anybody help me...I called the vauxhall dealer and they claim they dont know anything about a cabin heater fitted to this model but I seem to think they dont know what they are talking about...it is booked in for tomorrow to be looked at but if it is just a cabin heater firing up then I'm not bothered...do I know more about the car than the dealer?? or is it me who needs teaching about this car??!! :-[

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: exhaust fumes from front drivers side??!!
« Reply #1 on: 05 February 2007, 11:43:53 »

It is indeed a small diesel powered cabin heater......the dealer of course should know this!

2.2dti

• North West
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 February 2007, 11:48:51 »

:DHappy days I will go back to enjoying its toasty warmth safe in the knowledge that my fumes are there for a good reason:)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 February 2007, 11:49:56 »

It is quite amusing watching fumes pouring from the drivers wing in petrol stations on these units (its the same on Vectra C's!)

2.2dti

• North West
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 February 2007, 11:57:24 »

I think I looked a bit like  :-/ when it started on my front drive and again a bit  :-[ when sat in homebase carpark at the weekend with people walking past and pointing!! I was a bit worried when the dealer claimed no knowledge of it but then I had a look under the edge of the front bumper and couldnt think what else it might be...at least I had the sense to come and ask the experts not the dealers!! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.