Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Queen’s Platinum Jubilee  (Read 2223 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
« Reply #30 on: 11 January 2022, 18:25:08 »

Fairly sure the constitution doesn't allow for a voluntary skip, the to be Monarch has to actively give it up?

Ah, but that is the interesting point.  The British do not have a written constitution codified in one document, but is in the form of thousands of legal papers and decisions basically since the Magna Carta of 1215, which in itself did not become law until 1225.  Therefore our laws can be changed relatively easily, especially when compared to the American Constitution, which has only 27 amendments, so it would be possible in theory for a modern Royal to refuse to be crowned and pass the honour on to their son or daughter, the former in the current case.

Will that happen, given Charles age, and the stresses of modern kingship? Who knows, but anything is possible! ;)

What stresses are those then Lizzie? ???

Looks pretty cushty to me!  :y  It's not like Kings have to go rushing round in armour crushing rebels or repelling invaders anymore?  ;D

Being under constant scrutiny, observation by the media, and having to be seen as making the right decisions as our beloved Queen Elizabeth 11 has.  Who wants that? ;)  When they were absolute monarchs it must have been much easier, with their voice being law and what happens, and no media to contend with! ;D
« Last Edit: 11 January 2022, 18:27:32 by Lizzie Zoom »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11 January 2022, 18:34:30 »

Fairly sure the constitution doesn't allow for a voluntary skip, the to be Monarch has to actively give it up?

Ah, but that is the interesting point.  The British do not have a written constitution codified in one document, but is in the form of thousands of legal papers and decisions basically since the Magna Carta of 1215, which in itself did not become law until 1225.  Therefore our laws can be changed relatively easily, especially when compared to the American Constitution, which has only 27 amendments, so it would be possible in theory for a modern Royal to refuse to be crowned and pass the honour on to their son or daughter, the former in the current case.

Will that happen, given Charles age, and the stresses of modern kingship? Who knows, but anything is possible! ;)

Looks pretty cushty to me!  :y  It's not like Kings have to go rushing round in armour crushing rebels or repelling invaders anymore?  ;D

Being under constant scrutiny, observation by the media, and having to be seen as making the right decisions as our beloved Queen Elizabeth 11 has.  Who wants that? ;)  When they were absolute monarchs it must have been much easier, with their voice being law and what happens, and no media to contend with! ;D

That's my point tho... They don't have to make any serious decisions apart from which community centre to open that day, and even that is decided for them.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11 January 2022, 18:40:09 »

That's my point tho... They don't have to make any serious decisions apart from which community centre to open that day, and even that is decided for them.  :)

So much is 'rubber stamping', but her majesty does much diplomatic work behind the scenes on an international basis, along with ensuring the correct political protocols are followed by the right honorable s at Westminster and Downing Street; what a nightmare that must be!! :o :o ;D ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11 January 2022, 19:00:38 »

QE11 ???

Either 2 or II if you don't mind.  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11 January 2022, 19:38:31 »

QE11 ???

Either 2 or II if you don't mind.  ::)

Yes KC111 would be too many Charlies for sure!  :D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11 January 2022, 19:48:05 »

The last two didn't fare so well :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11 January 2022, 22:51:43 »

Well I think it's safe to say that King Charles III will keep his head (physically at least) unlike his ancestor King Charles I and it's unlikely we'll have a civil war where the monarchy is abolished and he has to go into exile like King Charles II did for a few years.  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12 January 2022, 17:34:58 »

Are we allowed to behead the PM if its proven he's been telling porkies?
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12 January 2022, 17:38:08 »

Now that would be good! :D :y

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 12 January 2022, 17:42:53 »

And about fifty years overdue.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 12 January 2022, 17:48:12 »

Or 65 years if you take into account the proved liar and deceiver, Anthony Eden.  He was serious ill but he chose to be PM, and then made the disastrous errors of judgement that he did!!  Made this country of ours a laughing stock, and proved we were no longer the power we had been. >:( >:(

I wonder what Joe Biden would have made of that if he had been around?  :( ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 12 January 2022, 17:50:57 by Lizzie Zoom »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 12 January 2022, 17:56:23 »

Or 65 years if you take into account the proved liar and deceiver, Anthony Eden.  He was serious ill but he chose to be PM, and then made the disastrous errors of judgement that he did!!  Made this country of ours a laughing stock, and proved we were no longer the power we had been. >:( >:(

I wonder what Joe Biden would have made of that if he had been around?  :( ;D ;D

Biden was around when Gladstone was PM. ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 12 January 2022, 18:01:11 »

Biden was around when Gladstone was PM. ::)

Good one!! ;D ;D ;D ;D :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 12 January 2022, 18:06:29 »

According to my Dad, we are direct descendants of the Lord Chief Justice who ordered the first Charlie to be beheaded. Based only on the fact we have the same surname.  ::) ;D
I therefore think it should be my place to do the deed on the third one in the future.  :)
In the meantime, I will volunteer to practice on every living PM.  :y :)
All but one of them in my lifetime deserved it, and she is no longer with us, so lets get rid of those who are still here.  :y
I might let Boris off with life imprisonment, as he (sort of) implemented the result of the biggest vote in history, when no-one else had the guts to do it.
He has proved himself a dickhead in every respect since though.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 12 January 2022, 18:12:53 »

All but one of them in my lifetime deserved it, and she is no longer with us, so lets get rid of those who are still here.  :y
I think she would have fared even better if she had stepped down a year or 2 earlier.  The Tories have a lot of form in stabbing their leader.

I might let Boris off with life imprisonment, as he (sort of) implemented the result of the biggest vote in history, when no-one else had the guts to do it.
I'm not really sure he did, and what we have is completely unworkable.  Its a hybrid mess of no benefit, but huge overheads.

So I insist you chop him up. Even ignoring the Brexit mess.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.