Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts - Parking Soloutions  (Read 1161 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Thoughts - Parking Soloutions
« on: 30 March 2021, 09:45:08 »

(THIS is meant as FUN and no way would I condone these actions (unless I had won the lottery and owned a forklift truck))

Over the years there have been many posts regards drives geting blocked, etc etc. :'(

If a street/road has serial bad parkers on it then why dont residents club together and invest in a set of wheel rollers and a trolly jack. 8)

Team of 5

1 on the trolly jack
2  on the wheels (Front/back)
2 monitoring traffic and placing cones.

Wear hard hats and high viz jackets to look official. :y

When its on the trollys it can be moved out of the way.  Then if it could be made legal then wheel clamp for a relaese fee and donate the proceeds to charitys .

3 things sorted in one go.

Keeps access of drives clear. :y
Keeps do gooders busy. :y
Aids charity funding. :y

I am sure Opti & Stemo will come with more severe ways of dealing with possible ways of dealing with a problem like this
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts - Parking Soloutions
« Reply #1 on: 30 March 2021, 10:31:57 »

Inconsiderate street parking really gets my goat!  >:(

I used to live in an area of Bristol where there were loads of bedsits and shared houses, so 4 car households in the Victorian terraced streets were quite common, and I usually had to park two or three streets away because there was nowhere to park, often because someone had abandoned their car slap bang in the middle of a space big enough for two cars!  >:(

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 March 2021, 10:36:06 »

There are liability issues, and most residents groups struggle to raise enough money to cut the grass regularly.

Also, any hint of a slope and the imposter becomes a wrecking ball.

There have been occasions where I have been tempted to drag an offending car onto the drive and break it.

One of my neighbours two doors down had their mate leave his BMW dumped across our drive for two weeks whilst they went skiing.

Fortunately for his mate, his car was taxed and MoTd, but being a private road council/police weren't interested. Unfortunately for him, where he works specifically prohibits holiday parking, which cost him a fair amount of hassle... His ID was stopped so he couldn't get his car out of the car park, then he had a further two days off work waiting for it to be reactivated along with a formal warning about holiday parking and the potential of unemployment as a result of abusing the car park.

Suffice to say that none of his visitors ever parked across any one elses drive ways again.  :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 March 2021, 12:05:55 »

If you could find enough people stupid enough to try this idea, and were buying equipment then THESE would remove the need for a trolley jack.

Important things to consider:
A lot of bad parking isn't illegal.
What you consider bad parking may not be.
Taking the law into your own hands rarely ends well for you.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 March 2021, 12:26:39 »

All of the above ;)

When I've had three cars here, I've always made sure the one parked in the road was parked across our property and was the one I was using. Predominantly working nights helps as that's when roadside parking tends to be at a premium. That said all the houses here have drives, and in our terrace, the drives/gardens can fit at least 2 cars, so most of the on street parking is visitors or people that still have front grass :D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 March 2021, 12:28:21 »

I'm sure TB would advocate shooting repeat offenders, but that's messy and doesn't move the car... :D

Not to mention frowned upon ;D

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 March 2021, 13:46:36 »

That's one of the reasons we moved from South London to Norfolk 34 years ago,  fed up with on street  parking  & no garage now got double garage + large driveway. Just returned home this morning from Croydon parking there is awful even though the property we stayed in has a small drive, the neighbours park so close to the entrance it's ridiculous would love to hire a JCB & make some space.😁
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 March 2021, 17:45:35 »

I'm sure TB would advocate shooting repeat offenders, but that's messy and doesn't move the car... :D

Not to mention frowned upon ;D
Who would frown upon it?  Sounds like a bloody marvellous idea.
Grumpy old man

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 April 2021, 15:41:55 »

Should anything park across my drive like this it will be having its oil discreetly drained and it's sump plug replaced , overnight
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 April 2021, 00:49:27 »

My bro`s house is near a train station & his neighbor  rents his drive out.
Only on  a couple of occasions he`s  found an unknown car on his driveway.
He talked to the neighbor & no it`s not one of his regulars & while they`re talking two women with suitcases in hand return to their car. She thought it would be ok & could he please let her out cos she`s in a hurry   :P  >:( ;D  The coward let my SIL know that  a lady driver had returned & was in a hurry  :-X ;D ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 April 2021, 19:53:23 »

Many years ago someone parked their Rolls Royce across the entrance to my workplace.
Our boss took one look then ordered the nearest forklift driver to pick it up and set it down in the middle of the road, which he duly did.
Rolls driver soon reappeared and was not happy, but after having a shout got in it and drove off.
Another time someone who didnt work there parked in the car park and the car was there several days.
Boss found out and had it moved to the back yard and then surrounded by pallets of breeze blocks.
It was were for weeks before the owner finally found it.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.