Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help ignition fuse blown :(  (Read 861 times)

RichB

• Loughborough
    • View Profile
Help ignition fuse blown :(
« on: 28 January 2008, 15:30:02 »

Guys im stuck, I have a switched feed from my ignition to turn on my car pc when I turn the ignition on, I accidently shorted it on the pc case and now the dash lights, speedo, rev counter, fual gauge etc wont work, only the battery light comes on and it stays on.  The electric windows wouldnt close but then found out they closed when i used the total closure.  I have checked the fuses in the car and in the engine bay and none seem to be blown :(  Is there a relay or something that I may have blown?  I need to sort this ASAP as I can nip down the dealers now if necessary.

Cheers,

Richard :-[

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Help ignition fuse blown :(
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2008, 15:37:48 »

Have you checked the fuses in the positive distribution box on top of the battery? Could be that you've taken one of them out, otherwise, sounds certainly like the dash is lacking an ignition switched supply. Double check the fuse for that. (don't have the number on me at the mo).

IIRC, it is switched +12v straight from the ignition switch via a fuse in the passenger compartment so no relays in the way. Identify the fuse and then see if you've got 12v there with the switch on.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

RichB

• Loughborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 January 2008, 15:39:49 »

I have checked the fuses by the battey yep, I have checked all the fuses in the car under the wheel with mu multimeter as none were listed for ignition :(

RichB

• Loughborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 January 2008, 15:53:54 »

Found it, it was fuse 15 had blown  ::)  I did check them all with the meter so I dont understand that!  Oh well I guess you cant beat checking them by hand.  Sorry for being a muppet :D

Cheers,

Richard

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 January 2008, 15:57:21 »

There didn't seem to be much else it could be :-/ other than a burnt out wire somewhere.

Glad it's sorted anyway.

So, tell me more about this car PC...

I've been thinking I'd like to take my MP3 collection with me in the car and I'm wondering if a minimal carputer might be a solution.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

davlad22

• Omega Knight
  • Sunny Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 January 2008, 15:57:36 »

Nice! Can we see some cheeky pics of your PC install!?!  ::)

RichB

• Loughborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 January 2008, 18:00:16 »

Cheers guys, I dont have any pics of my carpc installed in the Omega, I have got a fold out screen (Manual) and a tower case in the boot at the moment.  It works very well and I have got lots and lots of music on it, my whole collection.  Also I have got music vids, DVD, GPS Sat Nav all intergrated.

If you are interested I do have a small Mini PC in a 17cm square box complete with power supply etc that I got with my fold out screen.  The box is a bit tatty but the pc works well enough.  It was a little too slow for me but mine is overkill being an Althlon XP something I cant remember.  The plan was to mount the mini pc where the cd changer goes but I cant be bothered, I'm happy with my tower case :D

I will try and get pics next time I have the camera in the car.  Software is easy to install and dead simple.  If any of you want to know more then you can add me on MSN and I will send some pics over of the interface etc and can talk about it.

Car is running fine now and I have just had 2 new tyres on the back.

Cheers,

Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.