Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mouth ulcers  (Read 1877 times)

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
Mouth ulcers
« on: 27 March 2012, 18:09:53 »

What will get rid of mouth ulcers, my youngest boy suffers something chronic, he flatly refuses to take medication because he says "makes it worse in the morning", bonjela really doesn't touch it, salt water he refuses because he tried it before and it made no difference (I'll stick up for him on that too). Any ideas?
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Mouth ulcers
« Reply #1 on: 27 March 2012, 18:13:03 »

What will get rid of mouth ulcers, my youngest boy suffers something chronic, he flatly refuses to take medication because he says "makes it worse in the morning", bonjela really doesn't touch it, salt water he refuses because he tried it before and it made no difference (I'll stick up for him on that too). Any ideas?

Not really sure what works, Del. I agree that Bonjela is a waste of time. Total crap.

cleggy

« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2012, 18:46:41 »

I used to get them quite often as a child, not alot you can do I'm afraid, they tend to go away on their own. This NHS site might help

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Mouth-ulcer/Pages/Treatment.aspx

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2012, 18:50:41 »

I got referred to the hospital from the dentist. there is some special stuff they can give you but they need to rule out anything serious  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 March 2012, 18:52:38 »

rinstead pastiles....and they do work but taste rank... :y
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

aaronjb

« Reply #5 on: 27 March 2012, 18:53:06 »

Not really sure what works, Del. I agree that Bonjela is a waste of time. Total crap.

You take that back, Bonjela is great. If nothing else it tastes wonderful! I could eat it...  :-X :-[ ;D

Sorry Del, no advice other than the things that have already been tried - salt water, Bonjela.. perhaps medicated mouthwash? Oraldene and the like?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 March 2012, 19:03:57 »

You take that back, Bonjela is great. If nothing else it tastes wonderful! I could eat it...  :-X :-[ ;D

Sorry Del, no advice other than the things that have already been tried - salt water, Bonjela.. perhaps medicated mouthwash? Oraldene and the like?

It does taste good, Aaron........but I can never get it to stay where I put it. Slimy little bastard. ;D ;D ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 March 2012, 20:06:41 »

Daft Q, does he get them after eating tomatoes?  I assumed I always just suffered, but somebody pointed out it was an allergy, and they were right. If I eat a tomato, I get a gob full of them.
Grumpy old man

smithpa7

« Reply #8 on: 27 March 2012, 20:18:33 »

It does taste good, Aaron........but I can never get it to stay where I put it. Slimy little bastard. ;D ;D ;)

There is no need to call Aaron names ;D :D

smithpa7

« Reply #9 on: 27 March 2012, 20:19:14 »

Daft Q, does he get them after eating tomatoes?  I assumed I always just suffered, but somebody pointed out it was an allergy, and they were right. If I eat a tomato, I get a gob full of them.

Ditto

aaronjb

« Reply #10 on: 27 March 2012, 20:19:28 »

There is no need to call Aaron names ;D :D

I've been called worse..  :'( :'( :'( ;D

OOMV6

« Reply #11 on: 27 March 2012, 20:43:47 »

Mouth wash with vinegar  :y

Plomien

• Omega Baron
  • Swansea
  • Rescue the beer and drink the maiden
    • Landrover Freelander TD4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27 March 2012, 20:53:24 »

chewing lettuce and leaving them against the affected areas is one of the best natural cures. but if he is constantly getting issues may be worth seeing a GP or dentist to find the source of the problem :y
No more Omega but still hangs around

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 March 2012, 20:54:02 »

I personally use salt.  Doesn't cure them, and hurts like buggery, but numbs it for a few hours. Mind you, makes me dribble as well ;D
Grumpy old man

mantahatch

« Reply #14 on: 27 March 2012, 21:00:30 »

Yep agree with the salt idea. I used to get them after eating pineapple. So stopped eating it for probably 20 years and hey presto no more ulcers. Just started eating pineapple again as part of my "5 a day"  ::) and so far no problems. Hopefully grown out of it.

Lick finger dip in salt and apply to ulcer, def hurt like hell. Repeat every 5 mnutes untill pain so bad, and taste so bad and hopefully gone in the morning. It worked for me.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.