Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: This bloody fuel shortage  (Read 5223 times)

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
This bloody fuel shortage
« on: 31 March 2012, 19:48:42 »

Nearly all the garages in Ashford are out of fuel, Shell ran out this afternoon, Tesco went yesterday, Sainsburys went this morning, BP went this afternoon, only a couple of the back street garages have fuel. Most people are so low hunting for it, a few have ran out.
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

omega3000

Re: This bloody fuel shortage
« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2012, 20:39:50 »

Same here , all folks filling up at BP and suprise suprise they put the unleaded up by 2p so now its 139.9  >:( and they had no diesel at all  ::)

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #2 on: 31 March 2012, 20:53:17 »

I can last until probably middle of next week until i need to worry about fuel.

Started work this afternoon with fuel comp saying range 580miles .....tonight when i came home it was saying 490miles  :y

Usually it never says more than 180 miles  ::)

Mind you that made a dent in my wallet on Fri evening when i queued for 20mins then brimmed it....£100  :o

STMO123

« Reply #3 on: 31 March 2012, 21:16:54 »

I can last until probably middle of next week until i need to worry about fuel.

Started work this afternoon with fuel comp saying range 580miles .....tonight when i came home it was saying 490miles  :y

Usually it never says more than 180 miles  ::)

Mind you that made a dent in my wallet on Fri evening when i queued for 20mins then brimmed it....£100  :o

Surely you can make that back with one decent 'detour'  ;D

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 March 2012, 21:31:23 »

something about that corner of kent del....we were down in dover and it was just down the coast direction...the b.p at junc tion as fuel if you are coming this way... :y
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 March 2012, 22:30:44 »

something about that corner of kent del....we were down in dover and it was just down the coast direction...the b.p at junc tion as fuel if you are coming this way... :y

Nice one  :y

Currently using my little Toyota Aygo, it's best on fuel around town  ;D
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 March 2012, 22:45:50 »

i filled up last monday and its still full  ;)
oh the joys of using my bike  ;D the govt get enough money so im cutting down my portion and cycling  :y

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 March 2012, 22:51:38 »

that was ment to read junction 6 m20....bloody i phone .. :y
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 March 2012, 23:24:23 »

Its just madness....I overheard a lady at the community centre telling her friend she had queued and managed to fill the tank...  squeezed  ten pounds in...moron
They should make it minimum amount payment £30...that will soon stop the b*******s >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 March 2012, 23:37:58 »

Its just madness....I overheard a lady at the community centre telling her friend she had queued and managed to fill the tank...  squeezed  ten pounds in...moron
They should make it minimum amount payment £30...that will soon stop the b*******s >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Now that is the best suggestion I have heard in relation to the whole sorry situation, Nice one..... :y :y :y

noel

• Omega Knight
  • frome somerset
  • i feel the need for speed
    • 02 omega 2.6 v6 cdx auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 April 2012, 08:27:40 »

one garage round here is doing this already £25 limit per day,unless you have an account with them then you can fill it up. ;) seems to have stopped them queing :y
oh well that's another day done

05omegav6

« Reply #11 on: 01 April 2012, 08:43:21 »

The only place that I can reliably still get fuel at is the BP at Gatwick South terminal. Up until this morning the only fuel that they've had since Friday has been unleaded 8).

It seems that 95% of the people who get fuel there drive diesels ::) It isn't too often that driving a big thirsty petrol car has its' advantages :D I'll bet that there are a few LPG drivers quietly chuckling to themselves too  :y

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 April 2012, 08:58:27 »

The only place that I can reliably still get fuel at is the BP at Gatwick South terminal. Up until this morning the only fuel that they've had since Friday has been unleaded 8).

It seems that 95% of the people who get fuel there drive diesels ::) It isn't too often that driving a big thirsty petrol car has its' advantages :D I'll bet that there are a few LPG drivers quietly chuckling to themselves too  :y

Oh yes   ;)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 April 2012, 22:42:18 »

one garage round here is doing this already £25 limit per day,unless you have an account with them then you can fill it up. ;) seems to have stopped them queing :y

You misunderstand, we were talking about a Minimum purchase ie you can't Q to put in a tenners worth, cos they will charge you £30 regardless...... :y :y

aaronjb

« Reply #14 on: 01 April 2012, 22:46:38 »

What about things with diddy tanks that can't take £30s worth of petrol? (Bikes etc - I saw another thread elsewhere that suggested £50 which would even rule out small tanked kit cars like our own Westfield owner)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.