Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Legalising drugs  (Read 3148 times)

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
Legalising drugs
« on: 10 December 2012, 08:43:00 »

They're talking about on the news, that they're going to have a chat about the legalisation of drugs. Why would they even consider talking about legalising drugs? Personally I'm so anti the stuff it irritates me it's even being talking about, however I suppose it's something else for them to tax? Still they haven't made a decision yet, so we'll have to wait and see. I doubt they will legalise it, but nothing surprises me with this lot.
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Brikhead

• Omega Knight
  • West-Mids.
  • Sleeping. Do not disturb.
    • 2003 chitroen Saxo
    • View Profile
Re: Legalising drugs
« Reply #1 on: 10 December 2012, 08:50:36 »

Why would they even consider talking about legalising drugs? Personally I'm so anti the stuff it irritates me it's even being talking about...

Which drugs though? They are not all so bad...

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 December 2012, 08:56:10 »

Should've said certain drugs really, only caught the arse end of the news, Cannabis was mentioned. I don't think any of the rubbish should be legalised, personally I don't agree with any of it.

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 December 2012, 09:10:17 »

legalise and tax the hell out of it and make the punishment for any bootleg dope mega high,if they can afford to buy it they can afford a fine

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 December 2012, 09:30:02 »

Should've said certain drugs really, only caught the arse end of the news, Cannabis was mentioned. I don't think any of the rubbish should be legalised, personally I don't agree with any of it.

I totally agree. :y

To be honest...I am vehemently against drugs >:(  I am wholly the other way in as much as dealers should get massive jail sentences to get the message through. No ifs and buts....you get caught, you know the punishment, 20 years. Then get those on drugs off by whatever they do nowadays.
Sorry...feel strong on this one. Build more prisons if necessary, until this scurge of misery is wiped out
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 December 2012, 09:51:42 »

Hang the dealers
Make cannabis legal to use in the home.
Lock users up if used in public or if any offence is comitted where it can be proved that the affects of the cannabis has caused or added to the crime.
Treat the Crack / Heroin / addicts for free with the best treatment available if they genuinlly want to give up.  If they don't want to give up or they go back to the drugs then send them to France stick them on a island somewhere with basic food and water and all the hard drugs they want until nature takes its course and they stop breathing.

The hangings should be carried out in the local town /city centre on the 3rd sunday of every month in public.  Free entertainment should be organised by the local authorities.  This should include a complimentry pint (if over 18) and a burger.

Vote Gonads  :y

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 December 2012, 10:10:36 »

Hang the dealers
Make cannabis legal to use in the home.
Lock users up if used in public or if any offence is comitted where it can be proved that the affects of the cannabis has caused or added to the crime.
Treat the Crack / Heroin / addicts for free with the best treatment available if they genuinlly want to give up.  If they don't want to give up or they go back to the drugs then send them to France stick them on a island somewhere with basic food and water and all the hard drugs they want until nature takes its course and they stop breathing.

The hangings should be carried out in the local town /city centre on the 3rd sunday of every month in public.  Free entertainment should be organised by the local authorities.  This should include a complimentry pint (if over 18) and a burger.

Vote Gonads  :y

;D ;D ;D

Martian

« Reply #7 on: 10 December 2012, 10:22:41 »

Alcohol causes much more damage "pound for pound" to the body than what cannabis does, and that's before we include the people who end up in hospital because some drunken idiot decides to shove a glass in their face.

If cannabis was really that bad, then I doubt for one minute my doctor would have told me to "smoke as much as I can" in the 9 months leading up to my surgery last year.
I personally see no problem with cannabis being legalised for use in the home, and at the current street rates (£20 gets you 1.6 grams) the government could make a killing overnight with the tax.   

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 December 2012, 10:37:29 »

Alcohol causes much more damage "pound for pound" to the body than what cannabis does, and that's before we include the people who end up in hospital because some drunken idiot decides to shove a glass in their face.

If cannabis was really that bad, then I doubt for one minute my doctor would have told me to "smoke as much as I can" in the 9 months leading up to my surgery last year.
I personally see no problem with cannabis being legalised for use in the home, and at the current street rates (£20 gets you 1.6 grams) the government could make a killing overnight with the tax.

Alcohol may well cause damage as well, and I agree it's no good really either. However a good friend of mine after being on cannabis for years turned into a completely different paranoid bloke, constantly having panic attacks and feeling like a fruit loop. So yes, I do see a problem with it being legalised in anyway shape or form.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 December 2012, 11:05:28 »

Alcohol may well cause damage as well, and I agree it's no good really either. However a good friend of mine after being on cannabis for years turned into a completely different paranoid bloke, constantly having panic attacks and feeling like a fruit loop. So yes, I do see a problem with it being legalised in anyway shape or form.

The real problem imo is the strength of what is smoked.
Some people have been smoking dope as a way of relaxing or in a social gathering for years with no ill effects.
Then again, a very good mate of mine from my school days who has used it since we was kids is totally oppsed up because of the amount he has smoked over the years.
He, as most users started off will a spliff or 2 on a weekend with his mates.
As cigarettes became more expensive, he started to roll his own.  Soon it became too easy to slip a little dope in there.  Next came "skunk"  :(
Nowdays, he has gone from the kid that everybody at school wanted to be too the kid from school that everybody avoids like the plague  :(

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 December 2012, 11:20:46 »

As I have said before, legalise the lot, make it free to obtain so folks can overdose and die to their hearts content. Won't be long before the gene pool shallows out the dafties and make drug use/abuse something that those with half a brain cell avoid.

Dealers would be redundant overnight, thefts, house breakins, reset of dodgy goods etc etc - the crime rate would plummet!!

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #11 on: 10 December 2012, 12:42:01 »

when you legalise drugs the prices will drop and more people can buy it..  :(  and a high percentage of community will be a crack head.. :(

and I agree about the alcohol subject it has more damage than anything else.. :(  although I like it ;D

Muttly

• Bradford/Halifax Border
  • Just Me
    • 2001 2.5 CDX Manual
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 December 2012, 12:45:50 »

As I have said before, legalise the lot, make it free to obtain so folks can overdose and die to their hearts content. Won't be long before the gene pool shallows out the dafties and make drug use/abuse something that those with half a brain cell avoid.

Dealers would be redundant overnight, thefts, house breakins, reset of dodgy goods etc etc - the crime rate would plummet!!

Not befor it got far far worse.....
It'll be rite

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10 December 2012, 12:55:53 »

Indeed. Most of the heartache that drugs cause seems to be a result of the black market that delivers them rather than the consumption itself. Let the users themselves have it in spades. It's their choice whether they emerge from that experience through rehab or in a box.

The status quo, namely giving the users a slap on the wrist, yet coming down heavily on the supply chain, raising the stakes and thus the prices, and lengths to which the dealers and addicts are prepared to go to, simply isn't working.
« Last Edit: 10 December 2012, 13:54:05 by Kevin Wood »
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 December 2012, 13:22:38 »

Ok Kevin and Broocie, you've sold it to me  :)

Question is, how would it be implimented ?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.