Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GERMANY AND BACK IN 3 DAYS  (Read 724 times)

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
GERMANY AND BACK IN 3 DAYS
« on: 30 July 2013, 22:17:14 »

Hi all
I thought i woud tell you all of a road trip i made with my dad to Bremen in Northern Germany, last weekend.
we were booked on the 8 15pm P&O ferry Dover to calais on friday 26th july, we left Mitcham at 4 30pm and headed to the M25 towards the M26 and dover, the M25 was no problem until we reached the M26 and the traffic just came to a halt. 20 mins later and we are still stationary and the radio reports that the M20 is bolcked and closed due to the air ambulance landing to remove injured drivers of 2 vans.
Eventually we start to move again and finally get to dover with 10 mins before check in closes and we manage to get through customs with no hold ups.
Arrived in france and headed onto the A16 towards dunquerk at 10,30pm all seems to be going well and we both settle back and head towards the Belguim border. at this point i have to say the car is performing perfectly and did the whole trip.
We drove through the night in some heavy fog/ground mist and eventually the sun started to come up as we stopped at the services for a break and the use of the toilets.
We were stopped for about an hour and then started again for the last leg of the journey to Lingen Ems. My father has freinds who live there and they were putting us up for sat night, as we would be heading Sunday morning to Bremen. The reason we went to Bremen was that Fulham were playing Werder Bremen in a PRE SEASON FREINDLY in the weser stadion, and i just had to go.
My dads freinds who are German were the perfect hosts and could not do enough to make our brief stay as pleasent as possible.
We were taken in to the centre of Lingen and found a bar and sank several cold beers and were introduced to what seemed like the entire town folk as their english frends, i nearly wore my handshake out.
Sat night and the bbq was fired up and more beer was drunk and what seemed an entire cow consumed.
Hit the bed at 1am and dont remember anything after that until 9,30am. Breakfast was warm rolls cold meats and german sausages.
Bremen is about an hour and 30mins away which was drama free and parked near the Football ground, we walked down to the river that runs next to the stadium and found a river side bar that served more food and guess what?------------Beer.
The footy? well we will skip that bit as we lost 1-0. After the game the we had to drive back to calais to catch the 02.30 ferry back to dover as i had to be at work Monday morning
Total journey mileage was 987 miles and used approx £170 worth of petrol.
I have to say that i am struggling a bit as i type this as the eyes are telling me that i still need sleep.
Car never missed a beat the entire journey and sounded sweet as a nut as they say. i would take that car anywhere 99% sure of its reliability.
Night Night all, beddy byes for ME
Gary
« Last Edit: 30 July 2013, 22:22:59 by ffcgary1 »
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: GERMANY AND BACK IN 3 DAYS
« Reply #1 on: 30 July 2013, 22:21:43 »

Excellent (apart from the footy result). :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 July 2013, 22:36:04 »

We didnt want to spoil our record and win did we ;)
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 July 2013, 07:17:31 »

Grandad use to go to germany at night on a regular basis, with a few mates,was there and back in 9hrs :y
Hoof'land storeman.

cleggy

« Reply #4 on: 31 July 2013, 08:02:45 »

I bet he got a good view from 10,000 feet... Bombs Away :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 23 queries.