Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: oil cooler pipes?  (Read 270 times)

angrydave

• View Profile
oil cooler pipes?
« on: 16 May 2010, 14:20:39 »

right.. well basically i stripped the top half of the engine down to change the oil cooler today as its nackerd but the 2 oil pipes you need to take off on the side of the block was the problem. I cant undo them :S. is there a certain way to do it? because either my spanners are too long or a certain tool etc to do it. had to put it all back together untill i can find a way to do it so if anyone knows how could you tells me please :D. p.s... the engine management light i think it is... is on now but i pressume that stays on for a bit till the engine configures itself out again ?

Thanks. Dave

albitz

Re: oil cooler pipes?
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2010, 14:26:19 »

A crows foot spanner is the tool you need for this job. :y It is possible to gently bend the pipes out of the way at the top to alow room to get at the cooler, but it is a gamble, they can break while doing it. your call wether you take the risk. :y
« Last Edit: 16 May 2010, 14:26:42 by albitz »

angrydave

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2010, 14:41:16 »

A crows foot spanner is the tool you need for this job. :y It is possible to gently bend the pipes out of the way at the top to alow room to get at the cooler, but it is a gamble, they can break while doing it. your call wether you take the risk. :y

ill try the crows foot spanner you talk about because ive already tried bending them out the way :P. didnt quite work enough to get the nut off the rear one. Thanks for the reply dude

albitz

« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2010, 14:48:21 »

When I say bend them out of the way, I meant undo them where they join the cooler plate (top of engine) and then bend them ( very gently) out of the way so you can carry on with the job. You then dont need to undo them underneath. But as I said before, its your call, some people wont dream of doing it this way, others say its fine if your careful. :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.