Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 19k mile 2001 Omega Elite  (Read 10156 times)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: 19k mile 2001 Omega Elite
« Reply #15 on: 26 June 2020, 11:58:25 »

The cars at BCA aren't cheap and retail punters are better off buying privately where you can talk to the owner, test and check the car over thoroughly.  :y

Most of the cars are there for a reason.  ;)

This is genuinely not a dig and merely an observation, just in case anyone misinterprets my comments as bitchy.  :)

You would definitely want a close up inspection of this and not bid online, even with it's validated extremely low mileage. The low mileage is nice, if the rest of the car reflects this, but I keep looking at the apparent colour change on the drivers side. It may be a trick of the light (the missing Elite badge on drivers door is not a trick of the light, present on passenger side) but I suspect something has happened to that side. Considering the extremely low mileage, hopefully it was just a minor issue.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26 June 2020, 12:27:58 »

It will still want a suspension refurb, close inspection for rust, a good service and probably cambelt change the same as any other Omega, regardless of the low miles. People do go gaga over low mileage cars though, so it may go for a high price.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 June 2020, 12:31:50 »

It will still want a suspension refurb, close inspection for rust, a good service and probably cambelt change the same as any other Omega, regardless of the low miles. People do go gaga over low mileage cars though, so it may go for a high price.
Perishing tyres were the only advisory on the MoT this March. Previous Mot expired in 2017 iirc
Onanists always think outside the box.

456lbft

• Northants
  • Exhaust manufacturer from Northamptonshire
    • Omega MV6-Fred
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 26 June 2020, 13:53:20 »

I have a BCA silver account, and can buy online. You have to provide proof you are a professional trader to bid online. I will be able to find the sale price if you let me know what you were looking at.
It was an Omega that sold at Derby on Wednesday I think, reg started FL03  silver with a dodgy painted rear bumper iirc.  Sorry that's a bit vague, but I thought I'd tracked it on my account, but nothing comes up.  Thanks.
Carlton 3.6 Track Car
Omega 3.2 MV6 Fred

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 June 2020, 17:00:26 »

Perishing tyres were the only advisory on the MoT this March. Previous Mot expired in 2017 iirc

You know and I know that an Omega with knackered suspension can pass an MOT for year after year. ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 26 June 2020, 17:14:21 »

You know and I know that a rusty Omega with knackered suspension can pass an MOT for year after year. ;)
Yup :y

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 27 June 2020, 09:49:27 »

Anyone know what this went for?
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

456lbft

• Northants
    • Omega MV6-Fred
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 July 2020, 08:45:29 »

I have a BCA silver account, and can buy online. You have to provide proof you are a professional trader to bid online. I will be able to find the sale price if you let me know what you were looking at.

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:31f8b26e-322a-4966-adf4-637dab8264c9
This has popped up at Birmingham today.  Lowish mileage, no sunroof, and if relatively rust free, it could be right for my project.  I still don't have online bidder status, and wonder if BCA is as dear as people say?
Carlton 3.6 Track Car
Omega 3.2 MV6 Fred

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07 July 2020, 22:08:09 »

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:31f8b26e-322a-4966-adf4-637dab8264c9
This has popped up at Birmingham today.  Lowish mileage, no sunroof, and if relatively rust free, it could be right for my project.  I still don't have online bidder status, and wonder if BCA is as dear as people say?
Diesel, GLS/CD and been off the road five years with loads of advisories the weren't addressed following failure  :-X

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08 July 2020, 19:59:16 »

BCA wouldn’t be my first choice for a basic spec Omega. I’ve known a number of you for years and met in person, but I’ve not posted for years so makes sense to give a bit of background to my comments or suggestions.
I’ve sold vehicles since 2009, and by some luck I’ve sold 13 cars in the past 7 weeks.

BCA is a good source for vehicles, there will always be something that suits you come up, at some point.
Would I buy an Omega base spec from there? Unlikely! You will probably find an Omega CD or CDX goes through for £200ish, but anything interesting will garner interest.

I would likely search Copart for an Omega.

More generally, BCA is not running physical sales so anyone without a trade account, and the ability to prove they trade can not purchase currently.

I use BCA for specific things, I don’t just attend any old sale and bid on anything, I always know what I want.

456lbft

• Northants
    • Omega MV6-Fred
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 08 July 2020, 22:49:50 »

BCA wouldn’t be my first choice for a basic spec Omega. I’ve known a number of you for years and met in person, but I’ve not posted for years so makes sense to give a bit of background to my comments or suggestions.
I’ve sold vehicles since 2009, and by some luck I’ve sold 13 cars in the past 7 weeks.

BCA is a good source for vehicles, there will always be something that suits you come up, at some point.
Would I buy an Omega base spec from there? Unlikely! You will probably find an Omega CD or CDX goes through for £200ish, but anything interesting will garner interest.

I would likely search Copart for an Omega.

More generally, BCA is not running physical sales so anyone without a trade account, and the ability to prove they trade can not purchase currently.

I use BCA for specific things, I don’t just attend any old sale and bid on anything, I always know what I want.
Good advice, thanks.   I will continue my search.
Carlton 3.6 Track Car
Omega 3.2 MV6 Fred

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09 July 2020, 16:59:30 »

It dawned on me today, whilst driving TBE into the Smoke, I bought it off you 10 years ago yesterday. It was my 40th birthday present to myself.

Where did that time go :o
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09 July 2020, 17:56:06 »

It dawned on me today, whilst driving TBE into the Smoke, I bought it off you 10 years ago yesterday. It was my 40th birthday present to myself.

In a cloud of brake and tyre smoke :D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09 July 2020, 18:50:36 »

Dunno, but we know where the brake pads have gone.  :D

Believe me, the older you get the faster the years fly by. Its scary. I havent got used to being over 40 yet and I will be 61 in a few months.  :o

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09 July 2020, 18:55:18 »

Its definitely had some brake pads in that time.  And discs. And tyres.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.