Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hearing aids  (Read 2028 times)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
Re: Hearing aids
« Reply #15 on: 30 December 2021, 11:39:39 »

My dad has these, I'm now able to have a sensible conversation with him for the first time in years, a revelation !!

Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 December 2021, 15:16:33 »

things have moved on from the classic beige aid that my Grandad used to have .... it never seemed to work properly.  ::)
For some, the traditional type still work best...  ...its horses for courses really.  In fact, the traditional type with the ear moulding will usually outperform most others, but we are vain and all want near invisible ones, or ones with gimmicks like Bluetooth.

Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 December 2021, 15:18:35 »

And none are usually a magic bullet to deafness. They are an aid, not a cure.  And usually need lots of adjustments in the first few months, both to tweak them for the patient, and also because the patients brain needs some relearning and tweaking.
Grumpy old man

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 December 2021, 18:22:31 »

I said it turned out nice again !  :y

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 December 2021, 20:23:59 »

I said it turned out nice again !  :y
WHAT DID YOU SAY?  :-X

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 December 2021, 20:55:14 »

And the old kitchen kettle keeps singing a song singing  a song for me…….
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 December 2021, 21:05:04 »

Laying a rubber road.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05 January 2022, 08:18:07 »

And none are usually a magic bullet to deafness. They are an aid, not a cure.  And usually need lots of adjustments in the first few months, both to tweak them for the patient, and also because the patients brain needs some relearning and tweaking.

Certainly not true of my Phonak RT70, which can be completely tuned individually from the phone app. I find them superb.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05 January 2022, 14:01:48 »

Just been up to check the caravan which we store on a nearby farm, Doug the farmer is profoundly deaf but will not invest in a hearing aid despite being absolutely loaded, I mentioned it again to him today as he was having real difficulty when talking with us,
"Waste of money boy" was his reply, yet his barn houses his BMW 635 CSI RR Vogue + Defender & a beautiful 500 AMG soft top, doesn't make sense..
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05 January 2022, 14:24:40 »

Just been up to check the caravan which we store on a nearby farm, Doug the farmer is profoundly deaf but will not invest in a hearing aid despite being absolutely loaded, I mentioned it again to him today as he was having real difficulty when talking with us,
"Waste of money boy" was his reply, yet his barn houses his BMW 635 CSI RR Vogue + Defender & a beautiful 500 AMG soft top,doesn't make sense.

Of course it makes sense ☺️

I'd bet his missus nags him rotten about keeping a BMW, Range Rover, Defender and a Merc!   ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05 January 2022, 14:41:23 »

"Waste of money boy" was his reply, yet his barn houses his BMW 635 CSI RR Vogue + Defender & a beautiful 500 AMG soft top,doesn't make sense.

Of course it makes sense ☺️

I'd bet his missus nags him rotten about keeping a BMW, Range Rover, Defender and a Merc!   ;D

Good point 😅
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05 January 2022, 17:19:11 »

Doug the farmer is profoundly deaf but will not invest in a hearing aid despite being absolutely loaded
If profoundly deaf, its probable a hearing aid would not help matters sufficiently to make 1 or 2 worthwhile.

They work best for people who are slightly hard of hearing, or those that have a poor (but not no) response of certain frequencies.
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 05 January 2022, 17:32:38 »

Doug the farmer is profoundly deaf but will not invest in a hearing aid despite being absolutely loaded
If profoundly deaf, its probable a hearing aid would not help matters sufficiently to make 1 or 2 worthwhile.

They work best for people who are slightly hard of hearing, or those that have a poor (but not no) response of certain frequencies.

Things have advanced , our grandson has absolutely no "works" in one of his ears deaf from birth has an electronic device which enables him to hear everything clearly & is barely noticeable.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05 January 2022, 17:36:52 »

Things have advanced , our grandson has absolutely no "works" in one of his ears deaf from birth has an electronic device which enables him to hear everything clearly & is barely noticeable.
An inner ear implant? Thats not a hearing aid, its an implant.

Profoundly deaf means no amount if amplification can overcome the poor response across the frequency range.
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 05 January 2022, 17:38:33 »

An inner ear implant? Thats not a hearing aid, its an implant.

Profoundly deaf means no amount if amplification can overcome the poor response across the frequency range.

If he'd had an implant I would have said an implant.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.