Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Computers  (Read 1834 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Computers
« Reply #15 on: 20 September 2007, 20:58:12 »

Hi,

I got the full office 2007 enterprise, comes with outlook, word, excel, publisher, powerpoint, access, groove, infopath and onenote. Its absolutely brilliant. Faster, visually much nicer than the previous. I can use mine legally as i have a corporate licence. So can install it on a numerous pc's

Matt
I doubt you could personally get a corporate licence, though you employer may be able to.  However, just be aware, that will not cover you for home use.  Your employer, if subscribing to it, may offer 'Home Use Programme', but be aware this is often only for Professional version, and also only a single licence.

Hope that helps, wouldn't want you to get caught out by the licencing situation :y
Grumpy old man

omegalord

« Reply #16 on: 20 September 2007, 22:07:08 »

I do have a corporate licence. As i have my own business. I use it for my business and as my business resides at home.( a seperate building but on my grounds)

The reason i got a corporate licence was for cost reasons as i have 4 staff using 4 computers (5 including my own). If i wanted to have 6 or more i would need to get an open licence (which in hindsight i should have done as i would have got a discount that could have been carried over to any future purchase)

Matt
« Last Edit: 20 September 2007, 22:07:47 by omegalord »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20 September 2007, 23:07:59 »

You say windows mail and not outlook are you running vista or XP
I'm running Vista

The error you get when attempting to reply will give you a clue, somewhere in the error message it will quote the email address it has attempted to send to (and failed) check this carefully for any error, comma instead of full stop, name typo etc.

The address that the (work pc) attempts to "reply to" is configured on the client (your home PC) check the spelling etc on the configuration of the "reply to" address on the home PC. 99 times out 100 this is the problem.  ;)

Thanks. Any idea where I find 'reply to'?

alan2450

• Ballymena, Northern Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 September 2007, 23:20:31 »

To verify your e[ch8209]mail account information
 1.  Open Windows Mail by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Mail.

2.  Locate the account information you were given by your e[ch8209]mail service provider. If you need help finding this information, see Where to find your e[ch8209]mail account information.

3.  Click the Tools menu, and then click Accounts.

4.  Under Mail, click your e[ch8209]mail account, and then click Properties.

Check the settings, don't change any of the server setting's (as you mail works) you are only checkings the email address for errors in the reply settings.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 September 2007, 23:29:52 »

To verify your e[ch8209]mail account information
 1.  Open Windows Mail by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Mail.

2.  Locate the account information you were given by your e[ch8209]mail service provider. If you need help finding this information, see Where to find your e[ch8209]mail account information.

3.  Click the Tools menu, and then click Accounts.

4.  Under Mail, click your e[ch8209]mail account, and then click Properties.

Check the settings, don't change any of the server setting's (as you mail works) you are only checkings the email address for errors in the reply settings.

Ah! In General, User Information, the 'Reply address' box is empty! Should Iadd my email address to this box & try that?

I like when people can manage to teach down to my level of PC knowledge!  :y  :y  :y

alan2450

• Ballymena, Northern Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20 September 2007, 23:33:48 »

Yep! thats the one  :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20 September 2007, 23:43:34 »

Yep! thats the one  :y

Great! Thanks Alan.

It's good being part of a community!  ;D  ;D  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.