Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: speeding  (Read 5445 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: speeding
« Reply #15 on: 29 November 2020, 14:06:53 »

I'm old enough to remember when there were no speed limits on the motorway.

I clocked you at 150 MPH in your E-type sir?.......that is absolutely fine, enjoy the rest of your evening. :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 November 2020, 15:31:38 »

Virtual courses have the advantages you don't get butt raped for a cup of coffee required to keep you awake for the 4hr patronisation tedium....

...though if the mentality of the idiots on my course are anything to go by, many people will do the course via their phone. Whilst driving.
Most of the people on my course were 'normal' middle aged drivers and one was a truck drivers. One young lad had one of those green skodas, which he razzed off leaving tyre marks after the course. He, of course, will not have got anything from it.
Most on mine were what could be best described as Bimbos. Opti would have been like a safari park chimp.

One or 2 more mature people, but most were well under 30, and few knew the basics of the Highway Code.

Snap!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 November 2020, 18:20:40 »

When I did mine there was right smart arse who kept interrupting and was a complete PITA who clearly thought he knew it all and was wronged because he got caught speeding.  ::)

I bet every course has one...  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29 November 2020, 18:33:11 »

When I did mine there was right smart arse who kept interrupting and was a complete PITA who clearly thought he knew it all and was wronged because he got caught speeding.  ::)

I bet every course has one...  :)
Hmmm.....on my course (Saturday morning) we were told that it would take us till about 11:45, unless people started discussing the rights and wrongs of their particular case. The minute anyone started rambling they were glared at and talked over. Seemed to work.  :)
One lad turned up five minutes late and was sent packing.
That was over three years ago, so I can win another one now.  ;D
Diesel till I die

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 November 2020, 18:33:48 »

Virtual courses have the advantages you don't get butt raped for a cup of coffee required to keep you awake for the 4hr patronisation tedium....

...though if the mentality of the idiots on my course are anything to go by, many people will do the course via their phone. Whilst driving.
Most of the people on my course were 'normal' middle aged drivers and one was a truck drivers. One young lad had one of those green skodas, which he razzed off leaving tyre marks after the course. He, of course, will not have got anything from it.
Most on mine were what could be best described as Bimbos. Opti would have been like a safari park chimp.

One or 2 more mature people, but most were well under 30, and few knew the basics of the Highway Code.

Snap!

There was a wide mix of ages on the one I did. As the morning went on, it became obvious that 1/3 should have let their guide dogs do the driving, another 1/3 had barely memorised enough of the Highway code to pass their test years before, and the other 1/3 of us all knew better than to have done the stuff we'd been stopped for. A good score for the 40 road sign recognition was 50% :o

The people holding the course were all experienced police officers and a highway engineer, and it was held in the fire station. I found it interesting to hear some of the justifications for what we had done.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 November 2020, 18:46:29 »

You get some real idiots on these courses , on mine (34 in a 30 zone ) some guy was telling the instructor that he could speed as his van had "Turbo brakes "  ::)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 November 2020, 19:28:34 »

By some miracle I have not yet been done (in the UK), so in yet to get the opportunity to attend. SWMBO has however, and I don't let her forget it, especially funny as she drives like miss daisy.

Last time I just paid up. I didn't fancy the idea of being humiliated and belittled about the dangers of speed by a 'woke' 22 year old fresh out of university.

Guy I work with did that. He then picked up 6 further points in the space of about 4months. He then swapped his car for a 1.1 Kia (Rio?) And unsurprisingly, has yet to pick up any more points.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 November 2020, 20:26:40 »

Last time I got pulled for speeding there were two options 1 Take the fine and the points 2 Go to court!

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 November 2020, 20:28:34 »

Last time I got pulled for speeding there were two options 1 Take the fine and the points 2 Go to court!

Well, at least you were doing it properly by the sounds!

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 29 November 2020, 20:38:43 »

I'd just passed from a stretch of NSL road into a 30 zone and was still doing 48mph[according to the readout on the radar gun] officer directed me to pull off the main road onto a side road which as my late partner was keen to point out while the officer had his head partly into my car through the open window was called Pig Lane :-[ :-X :-X

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 29 November 2020, 21:07:02 »

Last time (01/04/09), on two wheels, I was doing at least 125.Was very very happy to get 3 points and £60 fine.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29 November 2020, 22:41:45 »

125kmh is quite quick... Even in Mexico  :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 29 November 2020, 23:49:54 »

Last time (01/04/09), on two wheels, I was doing at least 125.Was very very happy to get 3 points and £60 fine.  :)

Seems like you were somewhat blessed on that occasion! You up before the beak for that?

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 November 2020, 07:59:03 »

Nope. Copper chased me down the M11 for over 3 miles apparently. ::) ;D
Once stopped he read me the riot act. The blood drained from my face and my life flashed before my eyes etc.
I had recently lost my job of 20 years which was 5 minutes from home, and felt lucky to have found another job 17 miles from home;
So, as far as I was concerned I had just blown that and was going to be back on the scrapheap, possibly for evermore.
Once the copper calmed down a bit I told him this, but also that there was no one to blame but myself, so I had to take it on the chin.
I shall never forget what he said after that  - "Look mate, I ride bikes myself and understand the temptations, but you cant go riding at that speed on public roads. This country is shit enough to live in these days, without having your livelyhood taken away from you. If you promise me you will learn a lesson and slow down, I will call it 95 and you get 3 points and £60. Are you happy with that ?"
I was so happy I nearly burst into tears. ::)
I kept my promise for as long as I could, then when I started to weaken, I sold the bike and havent had another one since.
I had a good run of about thirty years, and just about survived. It was time to grow up a bit and quit while I was ahead.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 30 November 2020, 13:17:24 »

A little motivation goes along way ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.