Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Visa - Amazon  (Read 6509 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: Visa - Amazon
« Reply #15 on: 17 November 2021, 14:45:36 »

I honestly can't remember the last time I paid any bank charges learnt my lesson very early on in life, stay in credit don't go overdrawn it's a mugs game, same with credit cards paid off in full every month.

Done the same when I was younger.  These days the Direct Debit just pays the card in full.

Isn't it strange when I was young & could have done with a few extra quid nobody would touch me, now when I don't need to borrow a penny everyone & their dog is offering me preferential rates..😁
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 November 2021, 14:48:24 »

Just doing some Googling.

Which is better Visa or MasterCard?

For most people, it doesn't really matter whether they get a VISA or a MasterCard. Both are equally secure and offer similar benefits. While VISA has a slightly higher market share and greater amount of transactions worldwide, both VISA and MasterCard are equally well-accepted by merchants.

That might start to change from jan 19th. ::)

Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17 November 2021, 15:53:37 »

I honestly can't remember the last time I paid any bank charges learnt my lesson very early on in life, stay in credit don't go overdrawn it's a mugs game, same with credit cards paid off in full every month.

Done the same when I was younger.  These days the Direct Debit just pays the card in full.
It's not the charges to you, the customers, that are at issue here. It's the charges that the card providers levy on Amazon and other merchants.
Seems that once the UK finally brexited some of these merchant charges were no longer capped by the EU and the card companies imposed substantial increases which came into effect in October when using a UK issued card.  In particular concerning cross border interchange charges levied on merchants within the EU and paid for with a UK card.

As a rule of thumb it's usually best to pay for anything over £100 in value with credit card as the card company can be held liable if the transaction goes sour. It's also best practice to pay off the card in full every month.
« Last Edit: 17 November 2021, 15:58:43 by Enceladus »

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 November 2021, 16:06:58 »

Isn't it strange when I was young & could have done with a few extra quid nobody would touch me, now when I don't need to borrow a penny everyone & their dog is offering me preferential rates..😁

Also strange that when we had a mortgage, the interest rate went through the roof and now we have a few bob the interest is non existent.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 November 2021, 16:09:43 »

I heard Ebay will not be using Paypal soon
they have already started offering Google pay as an alternative
I've never really bothered with Amazon

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 November 2021, 17:19:09 »

I now have a Mastercard all sorted but for signing the Agreement. :y

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 November 2021, 18:26:41 »

I heard Ebay will not be using Paypal soon
they have already started offering Google pay as an alternative
I've never really bothered with Amazon
They tried that when their formal contract ended but still accept it because they realise that it still works for most of their users.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 November 2021, 18:40:59 »

Visa shares have dropped about $15 today.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18 November 2021, 08:50:18 »

I rarely use Amazon .... the fact that you are always steered towards signing up to Prime p***es me off.
Prime is great value for £7.99 a month if you order regularly (like three times a week  ;D). Free, one day delivery saves us a fortune and makes Amazon prime video free.

I don't buy enough to justify Prime ..... and there's not enough hours left in the day to watch Amazon telly by the time Mrs B has watched all the variations of 24hrs in A&E, Ambulance etc

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18 November 2021, 08:56:08 »

I rarely use Amazon .... the fact that you are always steered towards signing up to Prime p***es me off.
Prime is great value for £7.99 a month if you order regularly (like three times a week  ;D). Free, one day delivery saves us a fortune and makes Amazon prime video free.

I don't buy enough to justify Prime ..... and there's not enough hours left in the day to watch Amazon telly by the time Mrs B has watched all the variations of 24hrs in A&E, Ambulance etc

My missus watches all of those as well, she wonders why I show no interest in them at all, it's simply because it ain't like that in real life having been there & done it ,avoid Prison programmes as well .
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 18 November 2021, 11:10:35 »

Not when I'm apparently paying for somebody else's prime with my credit card, but Amazon refuse to do anything about it.  So as of right now, I don't actually have a credit card of any type, as my old one had to be cancelled by the credit card company because Amazon are too lazy and idle to do anything about it.

Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18 November 2021, 16:01:26 »

Not when I'm apparently paying for somebody else's prime with my credit card, but Amazon refuse to do anything about it.  So as of right now, I don't actually have a credit card of any type, as my old one had to be cancelled by the credit card company because Amazon are too lazy and idle to do anything about it.
Did you go through online chat, or get a call from a 0207 number, making you think it would be someone from the UK, only to get a useless bastid who could hardly string two words of English together?
Diesel till I die

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18 November 2021, 16:18:42 »

Did you go through online chat, or get a call from a 0207 number, making you think it would be someone from the UK, only to get a useless bastid who could hardly string two words of English together?

I once spoke to one of thier opperators (0800 number)  very polite and helpfull with a Brummie accent.  Asked his location and he said he was bor in Cape Town and never lived anywhere else.

Amazon train them well.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18 November 2021, 16:20:33 »

Been online today for some HDMI cable, picked a selection (5 in total) from Amazon.

and then ordered them all seperately.  ::) ::) :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 18 November 2021, 19:12:15 »

Thats the one.  The first supervisor had decent English though, but a negative IQ. The 2nd supervisor was Manillian, and equally useless, as there was no script to follow.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.