Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Novaxx Djokovic  (Read 1611 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Novaxx Djokovic
« Reply #15 on: 16 January 2022, 18:18:21 »

Can't help wondering what would happened if, for example His majesty Prince Andrew the rapist kame to Australia unther the same conditions...
Nadal didn't follow post Covid quarantine protocole, 7 or 8 other players haven't been vaccinated also. But they are not a Serbian savage. Democracy at its finest.
I think, from the reports we get here in the UK, Serbia are playing this as an anti Serbian thing.

I see it differently.  Australia have a strict set of rules to enter their country, and its currently particularly tight around covid vaccinations.

Unfortunately, he did not comply with those rules, and the Border Force there rightly refused entry.  The 1st court hearing overturned that on a technicality around procedure, not on whether or not he was compliant with the requirements.  I'm glad that they persevered and revoked his visa again.  As I would be if it was a British star player, or anyone else.

Celebrity/Wealth should not be a reason that rules that apply to everyone should not apply to them.

Its a shame that he won't be playing, from a sports perspective.  But sports need to understand they are not above the laws either, no matter how much money is at stake.

They aren't any winners from this sorry saga. Djokovic has come out looking like a self centred knobjockey who thinks he's above the law. The Aussie government has come out looking incompetent. Aussie Tennis has come out looking like a bunch of money grabbers. And the Serbian leader has come out looking like a racist.

But the correct decision has been made IMHO.  No vaccine or valid exemption (eg, medically unable to have a vaccine, but will quarantine), no entry to country that demands that.

I 100% agree with that but.....

We are getting to the stage where the ability for people to earn a living is becoming dependent on whether or not they have been vaccinated. Whatever happened to free choice? :-\

Many now fit and well old people are still in hospital because the care homes are short of staff because individuals decided the jab was not for them so they were dismissed. So much for 'clapping for carers'.

More shortages in the NHS will happen in April if the government decides they need to sack a large number of people who choose not to get vaccinated.

I've said before I really don't care who is vaccinated and who isn't. It's not my business and the unvaccinated are no more of a threat to me than anyone else.

It's politics. It's about control and compliance.

Well, no it is down to keeping our society, and in this case the Australian people, as safe as possible.

We all have to live obeying the “controls” or regulations of the State. Like being licensed to drive a vehicle on our roads, being licensed to fly aircraft, being qualified to teach in a school, college, university, etc, being qualified at many levels of the medical profession, etc, etc.

Would you agree to a non-qualified person to operate on your body, or teach your children at school, or be more than happy to have everyone driving vehicles on the roads to be unqualified to do so?

It is the same with this vaccination thing.  Are you going to be happy having a unvaccinated nurse or doctor working on you in hospital?  Or a rich sportsman mixing in our society at a professional level, attending tournaments with other vaccinated sports people, giving a finger up at the rest of us who are trying to do the right thing and protect not only ourselves, but everyone around us?

That is what laws and regulations do; protecting us all from possible harm. The government of the day have to enact those laws for the benefit of us all, and only the criminal, ignorant and stupid think they have the right to ignore those restrictions.  This tennis player, and that is all he is, is not special, he is just another member of humanity. He is a prick to think he could fool and override the Australian restrictions, just because he is a rich celebrity.  Gone should be the days when the so called elite in any field (most certainly including the arrogant, buffoon, Boris) get away with circumventing the laws because they think they can! >:( >:(

Of course, why wouldn't I. In fact I probably have.

I don't ask for their vaccination status. It is irrelevant.

Also, I was unaware that being an unvaccinated teacher makes them unqualified to do the job. :)

I was making the point of an unqualified teacher, not if they were vaccinated.  However, I hope teachers are also vaccinated  :D ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 January 2022, 18:32:32 »

Lizzie.....would you refuse to have a medical procedure performed by an unvaccinated doctor?

Remember to ask for proof of vaccination. ::)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 January 2022, 18:47:12 »

Could be worse ( or better) if you live in Austria everyone over 18 will be vaccinated or have a good excuse. Fines if not rising to 3600 euros  if you have the temerity to contest.

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 January 2022, 19:13:50 »

It is the same with this vaccination thing.  Are you going to be happy having a unvaccinated nurse or doctor working on you in hospital?  Or a rich sportsman mixing in our society at a professional level, attending tournaments with other vaccinated sports people, giving a finger up at the rest of us who are trying to do the right thing and protect not only ourselves, but everyone around us?

Someone's vaccination status is none of mine or anybody else's business and they present more of a danger to themselves than anyone else.  It's their choice...... Or should be.  ::)  I find it shocking that there are those who think covid vaccines should be mandatory.  :o  :(

As to Novaxx. Australia have their laws, which you may or not agree with, but everybody has to comply like it or not.  :P

He's in good company though as the other 'famous' person recently deported from Australia is Katie Hopkins who got deported after joking on social Media that she was going to open the door of her quarantine hotel stark naked, not even a mask!  ;D

The Aussies have gone nuts TBH and I suspect Hopkins got deported for joking she was going to open the door maskless rather than naked!  ::)
« Last Edit: 16 January 2022, 19:20:05 by Sir Tigger QC »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 January 2022, 19:55:04 »

Lizzie.....would you refuse to have a medical procedure performed by an unvaccinated doctor?

If I’m unfortunate enough to require a doctor to perform surgery on me, then I would ask if they are vaccinated. Of course in an emergency situation I would have no choice, but at least I am fully vaccinated :D ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 January 2022, 20:01:42 »

Someone's vaccination status is none of mine or anybody else's business and they present more of a danger to themselves than anyone else.  It's their choice...... Or should be.  ::)  I find it shocking that there are those who think covid vaccines should be mandatory.  :o  :(

As to Novaxx. Australia have their laws, which you may or not agree with, but everybody has to comply like it or not.  :P

Normally I would agree with that entirely Sir Tigger.  But we are talking about professionals here, and one in particular who thought he was above the Australian laws and could circumvent them, possibly putting the lives of those in that country, and at the tennis bash at risk.  Then the authorities and individuals have every right to know if he is vaccinated or not, and what his COVID history is; a fact he seemed to have lied about and circumvented when attending events elsewhere.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 January 2022, 20:22:03 »

If I’m unfortunate enough to require a doctor to perform surgery on me, then I would ask if they are vaccinated. Of course in an emergency situation I would have no choice, but at least I am fully vaccinated :D ;)

...and if they refuse to say, or tell you they are unvaccinated?

You'd need to insist on somebody who was not a 'leper' be required to assist you. ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 January 2022, 20:24:33 »

Could be worse ( or better) if you live in Austria everyone over 18 will be vaccinated or have a good excuse. Fines if not rising to 3600 euros  if you have the temerity to contest.

Ah yes.....good old Austria.

Birthplace of Adolf Hitler and Josef Fritzl.... :D :D ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16 January 2022, 20:47:06 »

Normally I would agree with that entirely Sir Tigger.  But we are talking about professionals here, and one in particular who thought he was above the Australian laws and could circumvent them, possibly putting the lives of those in that country, and at the tennis bash at risk.  Then the authorities and individuals have every right to know if he is vaccinated or not, and what his COVID history is; a fact he seemed to have lied about and circumvented when attending events elsewhere.
But it's OK for the Australian cricket team to return from a tournament in India via Samoa or thereabouts in order to avoid having to quarantine? Whilst most Australians aren't allowed more than 5 km from their front door.

If Australia ever reopens the population will be decimated.
Onanists always think outside the box.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 16 January 2022, 21:46:45 »

But it's OK for the Australian cricket team to return from a tournament in India via Samoa or thereabouts in order to avoid having to quarantine?

Huh? Sure they jumped the queue to return, but they did spend the full 2 weeks in quarantine.

Whilst most Australians aren't allowed more than 5 km from their front door.

The 5km rule was imposed, but didn't coincide with the Cricket team returning from anywhere as far as I can see. My sister lives in Sydney, and she says currently there are no travel restrictions in New South Wales (They went for a weeks holiday in Nowra, 2 hours drive south of Sydney earlier this month). There is a far bit of interstate politics going on, and Western Australia still seems to be chasing a zero covid myth by cutting itself off from the rest of Oz, but it's not much different to the daft rules the Welsh/Scots have to put up with because of Drakeford/Sturgeon.

If Australia ever reopens the population will be decimated.

Australia already has infection rates similar to the UK, and their double jabbed plus booster figures aren't that different to the UK.

So whilst I do consider Australia to be a police state, your statements seem unfounded? I just wish the Ozzies had refused visas to the shower of shiite that call themselves the England Cricket team.
« Last Edit: 16 January 2022, 21:48:50 by LC0112G »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 16 January 2022, 22:43:20 »

I applaud the Aussies for what they did. Novaxx is an arrogant prat who thinks he is so important the rules dont apply to him.
And if asked to comply he tells a string of lies and assumes everyone will believe him because of who he is.
No time for people like him. Got what he deserved.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17 January 2022, 05:30:51 »

Australia has always had a pretty robust immigration policy, and that's fine. But the way some states have dealt with the Chinese Virus is frightening... Basically it has been used as an excuse to impose a police state. I have an aunt who lives in Melbourne and is now scared of her own shadow, not helped by the 5 km rule effectively cutting her off from her family elsewhere in the greater Melbourne area for much of the last two years.

The Australian cricket team was an example of one rule for one and not others, and I don't believe that they actually quarantined, certainly not in any meaningful manner.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17 January 2022, 10:25:28 »

The Australian cricket team was an example of one rule for one and not others, and I don't believe that they actually quarantined, certainly not in any meaningful manner.

They flew from India to the Maldives on or about 8th May 2021.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/may/06/stranded-australian-cricketers-leave-covid-hit-india-for-maldives

They flew from the Maldives to Sydney on or about May 17th, where they isolated for 2 weeks in the Sydney Marriott.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/may/17/australias-stranded-cricketers-touch-down-in-sydney-two-weeks-after-ipl-suspended

They were released from quarantine on May 31st.
https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-australian-cricket-team-released-from-hotel-quarantine-two-weeks-after-arrival-from-india/e55ea356-fe74-4f2f-a706-33524ccf372f

Sydney didn't go into full 5km lockdown till mid July, although some smaller districts were placed into local lockdowns from mid June. 'Professionals' have always been allowed to come and go provided they follow isolation rules. Several TV 'stars' such as Adam Hills have also been back and forwards a few times - Adam hosted one episode of CH4's "The Last Leg" from his quarantine hotel room in Melbourne. The Australian PM and his entourage has been to the UK twice.

Australia's problem is/was that they were only allowing around 3000 people a week to enter the country because of limits on the number of available quarantine hotel rooms. They wouldn't allow people to isolate at home. Entry was restricted to just Darwin, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, and individual states put bans on interstate travel.

I agree that the way some states have dealt/are dealing with it was draconian. Ultimatley the Australian govt is answerable to the Aussie voting public. If they don't like what's been going on then they can change it at the ballot box. Gladys (the NSW Premiere and Zero Covid idiot) has already had to resign in NSW, although that wasn't as a result of Covid breaches.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17 January 2022, 10:26:55 »

I was thinking 2020 :-\

That said, the last two years may as well have not happened.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 17 January 2022, 11:31:55 »

Ah yes.....good old Austria.

Birthplace of Adolf Hitler and Josef Fritzl.... :D :D ;)

You have mentioned that name!! :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.