Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh Boris, oh Boris.Third Strike  (Read 6326 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Oh Boris, oh Boris.Third Strike
« on: 11 January 2022, 14:58:16 »

So now Boris is accused of being involved in an alleged gathering on 20 May 2020 at Downing Street, during the then lockdown, for drinks in the garden, with 100 being invited, but 40 turning up.

So Boris is on the back foot again! May this be his last strike, that a lot of Conservative MP's have been on about since the first "scandal" that of course he has denied, and has to go?

How much more stupidity can this bumbler be involved in before he does go? ::) ::) >:(

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: Oh Boris, oh Boris.Third Strike
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2022, 16:10:07 »

Just when you think it can't get any worse, how on earth did they think it would go unnoticed ?
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2022, 16:40:13 »

Quote from: Rangie link=topichttp://images.omegaowners.com/forum/smf2000/Smileys/oofstd/rolleyes.gif=149083.msg1998147#msg1998147 date=1641917407
Just when you think it can't get any worse, how on earth did they think it would go unnoticed ?

Yep, is Boris and his gang that pompous? ::) ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2022, 17:05:43 »

Well....  Apparently it did go unnoticed for 18 months or so.  ::)

So for me the big question is how did a hundred invitations to a knees up at No 10 during the first hard lockdown in May 2020, slip the attention of the big political 'journalists' like Laura Kuenssberg and Robert Peston?  ???

Either they were invited and went to the party or they are crap at their jobs!  ;D

But what is interesting is how the news is being leaked in drips and drabs just when smearing the government might be most effective. By-elections or vital moments in the negotiations with the EU for example.  :-X

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 January 2022, 17:14:20 »

People with this info will release it at a time most beneficial to them...   ...which is rarely a good time for those accused.  Thats always happened.  And is normally best to ignore...

...but there has been a non stop series of similar stories, each time Boris has either outright denied or refused to answer.  He's now a lame duck, trying to appease his backbenchers who control how long he can survive.

The tories have done their dozen or so years in power, after which time they self implode.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 January 2022, 17:24:13 »

People with this info will release it at a time most beneficial to them...   ...which is rarely a good time for those accused.  Thats always happened.  And is normally best to ignore...

...but there has been a non stop series of similar stories, each time Boris has either outright denied or refused to answer.  He's now a lame duck, trying to appease his backbenchers who control how long he can survive.

The tories have done their dozen or so years in power, after which time they self implode.

I think before long the knives will come out for Boris and they will install a new leader to steady the ship, before going on to win the next election.

Everybody seems to think a leadership contest will be between Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak, but I wouldn't mind betting someone else no ones thought of will come in from the left field to steal the crown.  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 January 2022, 17:42:25 »

I think before long the knives will come out for Boris and they will install a new leader to steady the ship, before going on to win the next election.

Everybody seems to think a leadership contest will be between Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak, but I wouldn't mind betting someone else no ones thought of will come in from the left field to steal the crown.  :)
I'm getting a feeling that people are thinking the Tories have gone back to the early 90s sleaze days.  So I wouldn't bet on them winning a GE.

My next vote will likely be tactical to remove that useless piece of self centred nothingness, Ms Leadsom, who seems more in tune with London needs than that of her constituents.  Tactical, because this area is stauch Blue.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 January 2022, 18:11:04 »

I'm getting a feeling that people are thinking the Tories have gone back to the early 90s sleaze days.  So I wouldn't bet on them winning a GE.

My next vote will likely be tactical to remove that useless piece of self centred nothingness, Ms Leadsom, who seems more in tune with London needs than that of her constituents.  Tactical, because this area is stauch Blue.

I would!  :y

Labour are nowhere near winning an election and I'd compare them to Kinnocks era where they are desperately trying to shake off the loony lefties. Their Blair type figure who will firmly take Labour back into the centre ground hasn't emerged yet.

Sir Starmer's recent patriotic act was very unconvincing and I think any decent Tory campaign manager will attack Labour for being soft with the EU and will accuse them of wanting to unravel Brexit and do deals with the SNP, which unless they can convincingly win middle England they will have to do to get the keys to No 10. 

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 January 2022, 18:18:06 »

Round here, a tactical vote wouldn't be for Labour.  Or LibDems.

Since 2015, the Conservatives have had the backing of the very vocal Brexiteers, which they can no longer fall back on.  And nobody wants to get too close to a turd.

They may be able to replace Boris with somebody, but nobody is really standing out as being a vote winner.  Although that's entirely irrelevant for me, unless Ms Leadsom decides not try to retain her seat.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 January 2022, 18:20:37 »

I would!  :y

Labour are nowhere near winning an election and I'd compare them to Kinnocks era where they are desperately trying to shake off the loony lefties. Their Blair type figure who will firmly take Labour back into the centre ground hasn't emerged yet.

Sir Starmer's recent patriotic act was very unconvincing and I think any decent Tory campaign manager will attack Labour for being soft with the EU and will accuse them of wanting to unravel Brexit and do deals with the SNP, which unless they can convincingly win middle England they will have to do to get the keys to No 10.

But trust is a key word when people are deciding what party to vote for and I'm afraid, from my point of view, Boris has blown that over the last 12 months at least.  Now I do not want a Labour Government, but the hundreds of thousands of past supporters of that party trusted the Tories with their "leveling up" promise, and often stated they could no longer trust "their" traditional party.  With Boris so publicly lying, giving out falsehoods, and generally misleading so many on various issues, along with his habit of bumbling along,  there must be a strong danger of a big change of politically direction come the next general election. :( :(
« Last Edit: 11 January 2022, 18:22:22 by Lizzie Zoom »

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 January 2022, 18:25:39 »

Labour keep making hollow noises about Boris must go etc but deep down they are desperate for him to continue his buffoonery and lies , if he's replaced with someone with competence and credibility ( I know - that's stretching it a bit ) they'll never win an election .

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 January 2022, 18:28:38 »

Labour keep making hollow noises about Boris must go etc but deep down they are desperate for him to continue his buffoonery and lies , if he's replaced with someone with competence and credibility ( I know - that's stretching it a bit ) they'll never win an election .

Yes, that could be very true! :y :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 January 2022, 18:30:07 »

Round here, a tactical vote wouldn't be for Labour.  Or LibDems.

Since 2015, the Conservatives have had the backing of the very vocal Brexiteers, which they can no longer fall back on.  And nobody wants to get too close to a turd.

They may be able to replace Boris with somebody, but nobody is really standing out as being a vote winner.  Although that's entirely irrelevant for me, unless Ms Leadsom decides not try to retain her seat.

Oh I think you're very wrong there. At the next election Brexit will become a major issue again especially if Sir Starmer is still the leader of the Labour party.  The Tories will (or should) relentlessly remind the public that Starmer led the campaign for a second referendum to abandon Brexit and can't be trusted with our relations with the EU.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 January 2022, 18:32:14 »

Which is why the knives will come out for Boris at some point.  ;)

The Tories are always utterly ruthless when a leader becomes a liability.  ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 January 2022, 18:36:13 »

Which is why the knives will come out for Boris at some point.  ;)

The Tories are always utterly ruthless when a leader becomes a liability.  ::)

They are out already! ;D ;D ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.