Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh Boris, oh Boris.Third Strike  (Read 6290 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Oh Boris, oh Boris.Third Strike
« Reply #75 on: 19 January 2022, 17:18:31 »

This MP has put what he considers to be the needs of the country and/or his constituents above the will of his Party. If his constituents don't think that's correct, then they shouldn't have voted for him in the first place. Anyway, they'll get there say in 2 years time. I fully expect most of the red-wall seats that went blue in the last election to go red again next time.

No he hasn't. He's an opportunistic unprincipled A hole trying to save his job in two years time, thinking the same as you in your last sentence.   :-X   ::)

I hope he gets a good kicking from the good people of Bury South at the next election.  :)

If he gets selected as Labours candidate that is.....  ;D

If he stands at the next election (wearing whatever colour rosette), and is elected, then it means the good people of Bury South think he's still the best representative available to them. If he gets a good kicking, then they don't.

Either way, its not for people from other constituencies to decide who represents them, or for how long.

Same if Boris resigns. We don't automatically get another General election when a PM goes. The ruling party selects the next PM based on their constitution, though I shudder to think who that might be from the current shower of shite. The public has next to no say - until the next GE which in this case is scheduled for 2024.

That's nonsense. You can't compare an MP who crosses the floor to join a different political party, with a PM resigning and then another MP getting appointed from the same governing party as PM.  ::)

The good people of the UK voted for a Conservative government.  If Boris Johnson goes then he'll be replaced by another Conservative MP and the Conservative Government continues until the next GE.

The good people of Bury South voted for a Conservative MP.  They now have a Labour MP until the next GE, assumed to be in 2024. 

Christian Wakeford should give his constituents the chance to endorse his actions or not ASAP in my opinion.  They shouldn't have to wait for two years or so.  >:(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 19 January 2022, 18:10:03 »

Yep. Regardless of what the rules say, he should trigger a by election as a matter of principle.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 19 January 2022, 18:14:52 »

Christian Wakeford should give his constituents the chance to endorse his actions or not ASAP in my opinion.  They shouldn't have to wait for two years or so.  >:(

Disagree. He was elected as representative of all the people of Bury South - for 5 years. He continues to represent the constituency that elected him until his term is up regardless of the colour of the party he choses to be a member of. He is not the delegate for those who voted Tory.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 19 January 2022, 18:27:41 »

Disagree. He was elected as representative of all the people of Bury South - for 5 years. He continues to represent the constituency that elected him until his term is up regardless of the colour of the party he choses to be a member of. He is not the delegate for those who voted Tory.

Yes he is. They are the people who put him in the House of Commons in the first place.  ::)

Anyway I think the man himself would agree with me!  :y  ;D

https://order-order.com/2022/01/19/new-christian-wakeford-co-sponsored-bill-mandating-by-election-for-mp-defectors/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 19 January 2022, 18:34:12 »

Agree with Sir Tigger on this.

If he had wanted to be elected on merit, then he would have stood as an independent and campaigned to everyone based on how he could best represent them as such.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 19 January 2022, 18:59:14 »

Around here, a lot of people have no idea which candidate is representing the party they wish to vote for. They have voted Labour all their lives and will continue to do so. So they put their tick next to the red rosette, not the candidate.
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 19 January 2022, 19:03:34 »

Around here, a lot of people have no idea which candidate is representing the party they wish to vote for. They have voted Labour all their lives and will continue to do so. So they put their tick next to the red rosette, not the candidate.

Round here, if our Tory MP defected to Labour, people would take to the streets with their pitchforks!  ;D

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 19 January 2022, 20:36:10 »

Yes he is. They are the people who put him in the House of Commons in the first place.  ::)

What I meant was "He represents all the people of Bury south, not just those who voted Tory".

And in that spirit you can argue that he is one of the most democratic MP's. 43.8% of his constituents voted Tory, and 43% voted Labour. He's spent just over half his term as a Conservative and looks like spending the remainder as a Labour MP. Perhaps he'll pop in a day or two for the LibDems too since he's a one man proportional representation machine.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 19 January 2022, 23:24:23 »

What I meant was "He represents all the people of Bury south, not just those who voted Tory".

And in that spirit you can argue that he is one of the most democratic MP's. 43.8% of his constituents voted Tory, and 43% voted Labour. He's spent just over half his term as a Conservative and looks like spending the remainder as a Labour MP. Perhaps he'll pop in a day or two for the LibDems too since he's a one man proportional representation machine.
Bury ...both north & south are very very marginal seats ... IIRC there was about 100 votes difference in my Bury North area at the last GE

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 20 January 2022, 11:21:06 »

When seeking election would Wakeford not have campaigned under the banner of the rosette that he wore ?
If so he must have decried the other prospective candidates who by defacto represented the other parties seeking to form a Government .
I doing what he did , as with all the previous MP's who also have , he has broken all/some of his promises to the majority of the constituents that gave him their trust in their vote.
There is no honour or principle in politics but that could or should be viewed as a contract of exchange and once terminated by one of the parties should be nullified resulting in an immediate  by- election to re establish the true democratic wishes of the electorate that the MP is chosen to represent .

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 20 January 2022, 11:31:20 »

He had no good words to say about Labour, and quite a few bad ones - until very recently.  ::) :o ;D

https://order-order.com/2022/01/19/tell-us-what-you-think-of-labour-christian/
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 20 January 2022, 11:47:45 »

He had no good words to say about Labour, and quite a few bad ones - until very recently.  ::) :o ;D

Rather succinctly put .. ;D

Thanks Albs .

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 20 January 2022, 13:15:59 »

I find it sad when people say the reason they vote one way or another is because their parents voted that way, and their parents before them voted that way.

I mean, what sort of brainless answer is that. :-X

I come to a decision who I will vote for based on who I believe offers the best deal (much like buying a car)

I've happy to change, I'm not dogmatic.

I've voted both Labour and Tory in the past. At the moment I couldn't bring myself to vote for Labour but that could change with a new leader and policy based in reality rather than woke delusion.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 20 January 2022, 13:22:51 »

https://youtu.be/0sO8yUIPJLA

He said rude words and tells fibs......he needs to sent to the naughty step with Boris. ;D

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 20 January 2022, 13:34:20 »

https://youtu.be/0sO8yUIPJLA

He said rude words and tells fibs......he needs to sent to the naughty step with Boris. ;D

If telling fibs were a problem for politicians, then we're going to need a much bigger naughty step - one big enough for 650 people. It's what they do.

Telling fibs in/to Parliament however - that's what gets MPs/Ministers in to trouble.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.