Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: car service reminder  (Read 740 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
car service reminder
« on: 17 January 2022, 09:33:44 »

on turning on the ignition on this DS I have, it tells me Service is due in 7500 miles. when i do get a service i dont suppose the car is geared up to know its been done ( or does it ) or does it have to be reset by whom ever does the service ? 

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
Re: car service reminder
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2022, 09:59:04 »

The car certainly won't know itself that a service has been carried out, but whoever does it (assuming it isn't yourself) will reset the service light using a service reset tool which are basically incorporated in most decent hand held diagnostic devices (code readers). They can also reset the the service interval to the most appropriate for your usage - on a time basis ( fixed servicing), or on a variable type (which is mileage  / time dependant), and can vary on your particular type / style of driving. I don't know whether a DS has this option or whether is purely a fixed duration servicing, ie annually.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 January 2022, 10:05:45 »

Many cars can be reset without any special tools ;)

A quick Google suggests...https://youtu.be/ybF4cTE41ts :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 January 2022, 10:48:44 »

on turning on the ignition on this DS I have, it tells me Service is due in 7500 miles. when i do get a service i dont suppose the car is geared up to know its been done ( or does it ) or does it have to be reset by whom ever does the service ?

when I reset the service light on SWMBO's C3 it was easily found on the web .... IIRC similar to a Vauxhall  :y

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 January 2022, 11:45:07 »

The car certainly won't know itself that a service has been carried out, but whoever does it (assuming it isn't yourself) will reset the service light using a service reset tool which are basically incorporated in most decent hand held diagnostic devices (code readers). They can also reset the the service interval to the most appropriate for your usage - on a time basis ( fixed servicing), or on a variable type (which is mileage  / time dependant), and can vary on your particular type / style of driving. I don't know whether a DS has this option or whether is purely a fixed duration servicing, ie annually.
it does have a date or a mileage option & the date is always the one that comes firsl, the reminder though seems an hell of a distance away.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 January 2022, 11:50:49 »

Like my energy supplier octopus, they remind you about a week and a half before the readings due
Laying a rubber road.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 January 2022, 12:18:29 »

I wonder how many traders reset the Service Display and then say to the potential buyer "I can show you on the display that it's just been serviced but I can't show you what was done as it's all online now, and we don't have access to all manufacturers software".  ::)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 January 2022, 13:38:58 »

I wonder how many traders reset the Service Display and then say to the potential buyer "I can show you on the display that it's just been serviced but I can't show you what was done as it's all online now, and we don't have access to all manufacturers software".  ::)
Surely that would never happen. We know car traders are as honest as the pure, driven snow....  :P
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.