Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Nice steady ride in Wales  (Read 1257 times)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
Nice steady ride in Wales
« on: 18 January 2022, 12:33:21 »

Lovely mountain road I often frequent in the Evo not far from me https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/bwlch-rhondda-biker-wheelie-court-20463251
Laying a rubber road.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Nice steady ride in Wales
« Reply #1 on: 18 January 2022, 13:18:00 »

I have seen some highly illegal numbers on the speedo of both cars and bikes. Fortunately they were all obtained on a 'private road' ::)

You own a Evo so are obviously no angel. ;) :D

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 January 2022, 13:38:39 »

Ahh… now I didn’t claim to be, but I think maybe the biker was a bit more enthusiastic than I normally am though on that particular stretch of road (I know it well) (very well)🤭🤣
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 January 2022, 14:18:49 »

How did they manage to get a number plate at that speed?
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 January 2022, 14:19:26 »

How did they manage to get a number plate at that speed?

And with the bike at that angle?  :-\

Good skills though, even if the rider is an idiot on both counts!  ::)  ;D
« Last Edit: 18 January 2022, 14:21:40 by Sir Tigger QC »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 January 2022, 14:53:40 »

Yes very good skills indeed👍 God knows how they got his number and I suspect the cyclist has anonymity.
Laying a rubber road.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 January 2022, 18:14:24 »

Not that i'm condoning it, but the report says that "he narrowly missed the cyclist", when in fact he was well across the other side of the road.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 January 2022, 19:16:30 »

Barely saw the bike let alone the registration !
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 January 2022, 19:44:20 »

To be fair to the cyclist, I expect that gave him a bit of a start flying by at 90 mph!  :o  ;D

Looks like the number plate was angled up, so it was probably easier to read with the bike sat up on it's back wheel like that.  ;)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 January 2022, 20:14:17 »

I wonder if the cyclist would have reported him if he wasn’t on one wheel? I agree with Ron but I expect the cyclist shit his Lycra’s 😂. Fu(£ing nark😂
Laying a rubber road.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 January 2022, 21:20:51 »

I wonder if the cyclist would have reported him if he wasn’t on one wheel? I agree with Ron but I expect the cyclist shit his Lycra’s 😂. Fu(£ing nark😂

My dash cam came with a card in the box with details of where to send any clips of people misbehaving on the road.  ::)  I drive with the utmost of road safety in mind so have nothing to fear on my dash cam, but I'd never send any clips in of other people misbehaving like the cyclist did.  :) 
It's a decent wheelie, fairly high but not high enough to be near the balancing point, so he can still roll on the power to accelerate. I'd be well pleased with that, and he's clearly no novice at it.
So, maybe a short ban and fine for the wheelie and not giving the cyclist the full 1.5m clearance, which then turned in to six months inside for lying about it.  ::)

My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 January 2022, 21:24:41 »

Oh yes I agree they certainly don’t like lies
Laying a rubber road.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 January 2022, 21:43:16 »

My dash cam came with a card in the box with details of where to send any clips of people misbehaving on the road.  ::)  I drive with the utmost of road safety in mind so have nothing to fear on my dash cam, but I'd never send any clips in of other people misbehaving like the cyclist did.  :) 
It's a decent wheelie, fairly high but not high enough to be near the balancing point, so he can still roll on the power to accelerate. I'd be well pleased with that, and he's clearly no novice at it.
So, maybe a short ban and fine for the wheelie and not giving the cyclist the full 1.5m clearance, which then turned in to six months inside for lying about it.  ::)

Yeh but cyclists, especially the lycra clad variety are sanctimonious holier-than-thou types who can never do wrong!  :-X   ::)   ;D

For those on Twitter search out Jeremy Vine of Radio 2 who regularly posts up vids of cars and vans trying to kill him!   :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 January 2022, 21:53:09 »

Yeh but cyclists, especially the lycra clad variety are sanctimonious holier-than-thou types who can never do wrong!  :-X   ::)   ;D

For those on Twitter search out Jeremy Vine of Radio 2 who regularly posts up vids of cars and vans trying to kill him!   :)
Apparently not trying very hard :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18 January 2022, 22:05:16 »

Oh, I fully agree on that.  :y  I've watched enough video clips where the cyclists with helmet cams seem to attract trouble "because I've got you on camera mate".
The clip with the white Transit springs to mind, where the cyclist is weaving in and out of traffic at speed and nips up the inside of a van just as it is turning left at a tight junction. The cyclist bangs on the side of the van, and the driver gets out and smacks shit out of the cyclist. You can hear the cyclist saying "I've got you on camera" as the van driver gives him a pasting.  ;D
Van driver got done for some reason.  :-\
Those pesky cameras are everywhere and you daren't put a foot wrong these days.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 18 queries.