Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3058287 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #23805 on: 22 May 2022, 22:12:09 »

Took the Monaro out today for first time this year.
Couple of numpties on way home had to be shown.
Fabia VRS rocked with the draft as I passed.
He didnt try again >:D
Tesla drivers are easy to wind up and dispatch...

They come tanking after you, easily keeping up, until they realise that chasing after you and sustaining 85 for any length of time absolutely hammers their range and they might have to stop and re charge just to get to where they are going :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #23806 on: 25 May 2022, 15:16:59 »

Got a good bit of engine put back together.

Then found the dipstick tube was neatly snapped right where it went into the block.

Now ordered some tube to make a new one since they're apparently not available anywhere... One step forward, three steps back!
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23807 on: 25 May 2022, 15:22:38 »

Then found the dipstick tube was neatly snapped right where it went into the block.

Now ordered some tube to make a new one since they're apparently not available anywhere... One step forward, three steps back!
Neatly snapped where you placed something heavy on top of it? Or where you caught it moving the engine? Or where you stood on it? Or where it just spontaneously snapped itself?  ;D
Diesel till I die

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #23808 on: 25 May 2022, 17:08:34 »

Neatly snapped where you placed something heavy on top of it? Or where you caught it moving the engine? Or where you stood on it? Or where it just spontaneously snapped itself?  ;D

Where i carefully and gently removed it when I was stripping the block, using my snooker referee gloves and a pair of tweezers... :D :D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23809 on: 26 May 2022, 09:05:26 »

Received a letter from Mercedes informing me of a brake booster recall...

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23810 on: 26 May 2022, 09:40:14 »

Been doing a few bits on the Beemer, fitted front and rear dashcams with hardwire and active powered phone cradle.

Coded in a few options - Tail lights enabled with DRL's as it makes more sense to me that if DRL's are enabled on the front then the tail iights should be on as well.  ::) Also enabled indicators in HUD.  :D

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #23811 on: 26 May 2022, 23:50:09 »

Not exactly to my car, but involving one....

Received a letter today from South Wales Police stating that my car had been seen by Community Speed Watch Volunteers to have exceeded the 'posted' speed limit in a road (details given) in Ewenny, (wherever that is?) by a margin which would result in prosecution if witnessed  by Police. No further action will be taken, but basically a slap on the wrist.
Thing is, I've never been to South Wales for over 20 years, the car in question has been parked up at home since April, and due to having had a replacement hip operation 14 days ago, am not physically able (and it is certainly not recommended) to drive at the moment.
Concerning points - 1) if these 'volunteers' were mistaken reading the registration (highly likely), how much credence can be given to their estimation of the offending vehicles speed,  2) if they were correct in their reading of the registration, then maybe there is a cloned vehicle out there bearing my number, and 3) had the letter been sent to someone with a 'weaker' disposition than myself, the alarm and distress that this could have caused.
Needless to say, today I have emailed them with a stern response. I could have simply not bothered, as nothing is coming of it, but...... And there's not a hope in hell I could have rung them to speak to anyone responsible for these 'volunteers', as finding a phone number other than 111 or 999 is nigh on impossible ::)

And today, to cap it all, I received a random text from a mobile no, claiming to be from Waltham Cross Vauxhall, giving my name and the registration of one of my Omegas, stating they have not been able to contact me regarding my vehicle, offering 15% discount off my next bill etc. Again, I've never been to Waltham Cross, never mind any Vauxhall Garage there, and certainly not with any car in the 10 years I've owned this particular Omega.
No doubt a scam if I responded to 0330 no given, but where have the cretins got my name and reg from?

Idiots......
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23812 on: 27 May 2022, 01:29:14 »

Also possible that the car has been cloned.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #23813 on: 27 May 2022, 07:28:24 »

Also possible that the car has been cloned.

This. Rare but not impossible. Ring 101 (or use the online reporting tool if your force has one) to make a report and get an incident number.

Then put something unique in your front and rear windscreens, small sticker or something, so if someone starts getting bus lane tickets in yiur name you can say "weren't me guv". :y

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23814 on: 27 May 2022, 08:52:14 »

Some while ago granddaughters boyfriend received a penalty notice for not paying the charge for the Dartford crossing.The notice gave the date and time of the offence.Ican't recall the date but the time was 6.15a.m.[I remember the time because we made a joke of how quick his Corsa 1.4 automatic must be]on the date given his car was on the works car park[Scunny steelworks]at 5.40a.m. for him beginning his shift at 6a.m.! He spent a long while on the phone to them explaining it couldn't possibly have been his car and why not,they said they'd look into it and now they're threatening sending the bailiffs because he's not paid up :o

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #23815 on: 27 May 2022, 09:02:59 »

Ewenny. Near Bridgend 👍
Laying a rubber road.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #23816 on: 27 May 2022, 09:58:08 »

The most likely is they mis read the registration number, especially if it was a few of these volunteers standing by the roadside with pen and paper, rather than some more sofisticated device, but cloning is also the feasible alternative.... >:(
But its hassle, especially as it results in official headed looking paper being sent out that could cause distress to some.
Be interesting to see what reply I get to my email.
And the text - they got my phone no, and name (which of course isn't unheard of) but more strangely, got one of my Omegas registration no correct....??
Just need a call today about my 12 year old washing machine warranty is due to expire...... ;D
« Last Edit: 27 May 2022, 10:02:40 by johnnydog »
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23817 on: 27 May 2022, 10:20:53 »

The two things are unrelated coincidences.

Dial any random eleven digit number beginning with 07 and you're twice as likely to get an answer as not. Same with texts.

Also, the DVLA will sell your details to anyone that asks, and with everyone working from home now, GDPR is a non existent farce.

And you cannot guarantee that a less than scrupulously run car club wouldn't do the same.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23818 on: 27 May 2022, 10:23:26 »

Just need a call today about my 12 year old washing machine warranty is due to expire...... ;D
well worth renewing washing machine policy
I see quite a few washers, dryers ,etc broke down by the side of the road   :P ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23819 on: 27 May 2022, 10:26:24 »

Mercedes are sending a Tech out to inspect the Brave Servo on the Alabama Mumsybus. Be interesting to see what the outcome of the 'check' is...

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.