Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Public apology...and a Rant...  (Read 3732 times)

royston1945

• View Profile
Re: Public apology...and a Rant...
« Reply #15 on: 29 March 2007, 22:06:04 »

Although I've never met you,I've read your posts over the last few months and you are obviously one of the good guys.Being 'nice' is part of your nature and something you should be proud of. Don't let the assholes of the world change you.
The world is full of 'users' and if you get used,don't let it upset you.Chalk it down to experience and move on.
I'm sure the vast majority of TC members are decent folk and very grateful for any help they get from others with car problems-I know I am.

Martin_1962

« Reply #16 on: 29 March 2007, 22:08:53 »

Most of us will help each other, you have read the threads about his 2.0GLS, also you have read the threads where he has helped to fix TheGirls (I suppose Mrs TB may be called this) Rover.

I know he is young but then at his stage I would happily dismantle and rebuild bike engines, and at only two years older I undertook a full rebuild on my mums car engine!

Anyway cheer up James, you know where I am if you want a meet up!

STMO123

« Reply #17 on: 29 March 2007, 22:10:45 »

Most of us will help each other, you have read the threads about his 2.0GLS, also you have read the threads where he has helped to fix TheGirls (I suppose Mrs TB may be called this) Rover.

I know he is young but then at his stage I would happily dismantle and rebuild bike engines, and at only two years older I undertook a full rebuild on my mums car engine!

Hmmm....and did these vehicles actually run afterwards Martin? :D

royston1945

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29 March 2007, 22:11:23 »

TC members? I meant OOF members of course. ::)
I  put it down to senility,forgeting which forum I'm on!  :) :-?

Martin_1962

« Reply #19 on: 29 March 2007, 22:14:17 »

Hmmm....and did these vehicles actually run afterwards Martin? :D

Well my GP100 would not go over 90!

My 250 was fine - I did the cam chain at 25,000 miles - just to be sure!

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 March 2007, 22:24:08 »

Is this for real????

Post count nobbling is all part of the fun associated with poking your tongue out at the Admins  :P and should be taken on the chin - it's rarely permanent and gives everyone else a laugh, even if it is at your expense.

But if the other issue is true, which I assume it is from your comments, I'm appauled  and embarrassed.  I recommend this Forum wherever I can, and it is because of people like you James that I continue to do so.  The fact that you or other helpful members are even prepared to travel to help someone in troble is amazing and you should have received nothing but thanks for trying.

Stick around mate  ;)

[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 March 2007, 22:25:40 »

See.  Your post count is back.  200 more and you'll be a Baron.  :o
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #22 on: 29 March 2007, 22:34:12 »

James - dont take it to heart Matey.........

Im pretty disgusted that a member from on here reacted like this to you!!! and well....maybe if you know the members id you should tell a select few....that could then decide to ban him/ her.  :-/

After all that member's conduct is not in the spirit of our community.

Chin up and get that engine back together  :y
« Last Edit: 29 March 2007, 22:35:12 by Markiec »
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #23 on: 29 March 2007, 22:35:34 »

... the apology going to any members / admins I may have upset by my comment "make me" I made in a different thread.  I didn't mean to be rude or offensive at all, I was just trying to follow the light hearted atmosphere of the thread.

I logged in this morning to find my post count had been removed, and was a bit surprised, because I'd thought nothing more of it. So for that, I am genuinely sorry. Please may I have my posts back?

HOWEVER.. I must have a rant about something .. I cannot stop myself anymore....

I may not be seeing things in a very good light at the moment around here anyway. Although tempted to name and shame.. I will not... however I will say that I drove a considerable amount of miles (3 figures) to help a brand new member with a job on their Omega (which of course I was doing out of good nature for free) only to be told that they were expecting someone more mature and experienced - - before I even took the rather spanners out. So I basically covered short of 200 miles at my own expense to be told I'm an incompetent kid and to go away. I struggle with self esteem at the best of times and don't mind admitting this has been reducing me to tears. Daft eh?

I bet you I could be as compentent if not more so than technicians that are recruited into dealerships.

Well guess what. No more Mr Nice guy. No more fixing cars for nothing, apart from a few very select friends I have made here. You can be at the mercy of your vauxhall dealership instead, have less thorough work done on your car, and pay through the nose. Not my problem.

Signing off.. who knows how long for.

Yours most upset,
James

James,

I for one am completely in-debted to you for the work you did changing my cambelt, rollers and waterpump at brackley.  At no time did you seem incompetent at all, and it was through watching you that gave me the confidence to tackle my cam covers and breathers myself, which in turn has led me to doing another members on this forum in the good-hearted nature which you yourself have shown me.

I sincerely hope you receive an apology from whoever it was who said these things to you, although from what you've said this its pretty clear who the perpetrator is.  As you've stated already, those vx dealers (not all, but a high percentage) are monkeys who charge the earth, cut corners and generally do a bad job.

It is not in the spirit of this place for whoever said that to you to have done.  It shows arrogance and hypocrisy as surely the reason you went is because they couldn't rectify this problem themselves?!  ::)

This forum needs people like you, please don't leave you'll be sorely missed  :(

Chris

I agree  :y

Tho i might let MarkDTM work on my Omega as well if he asked nicely  ;D

And LB was only having a laff.....you challenged him so he got mischevious  ;)

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 29 March 2007, 22:36:15 »

Ok, I will cover each part of James' post seperately.

James. Apologies if you took offence from the post count deduction. None intended as you should well know by now.

To the rest of you, no this does not mean I am going soft in my old age!  ;)

To the complete muppet who thought that James would be "older and more experienced!"  >:(
You sir, are an ass!

James has to be, with the exception of the omnipotent one, the most naturally gifted mechanically minded individual I have ever come across. He picks things up so quickly it is bl**dy irritating to the rest of us!
He also happens to be the most selfless person on here. Too selfless for his own good to be honest.

James, you will be back soon enough. We need you, and you need to help us! It is just the way your life is destined to go!  ;)
(please pass my apologies to your girlfriend who will be less than impressed to hear that I am sure!)  :)

« Last Edit: 29 March 2007, 22:37:02 by admin »
The Administrator.

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
  • owned a Datsun 120y once!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 29 March 2007, 22:38:01 »

James, your a top bloke and 99% of the people on this forum know that, don't let the 1% get to you ;) A lot of miles are done every week by fellow members helping out each other on this site and thats what it is all about. I've never known a place like it and it's a pleasure to be part of it :y
Your contributions to this site are beyond expectations and are appreciated by a huge amount of poeple, Onwards and upwards James ;) ;) :) :)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29 March 2007, 22:39:07 »

if the member did not feel confident in letting you work on his car (for whatever reason), then I guess that is his choice and should also be respected.  It may be an expensive car, his pride and joy etc etc.

I totally agree with this point,

BUT

It would have been nice to have not travelled 200 miles to find this out... if it were the case, I should have been told first, before we agreed I was going down. To decide he doesn't want me working on his car because "I look like a kid" is upsetting, and telling me that after putting in so much effort is hurtful and should NOT be respected!!

I don't want to contact anyone, I don't want to take it any further.. but I will definately learn from it, and be more selective about who I help out in future.

:'(

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 29 March 2007, 22:40:43 »

James - dont take it to heart Matey.........

Im pretty disgusted that a member from on here reacted like this to you!!! and well....maybe if you know the members id you should tell a select few....that could then decide to ban him/ her.  :-/

After all that member's conduct is not in the spirit of our community.

Chin up and get that engine back together  :y

Couldn't agree more.  I don't think the "unknown member" should have the cheek to ask for any more help anyway, on-line or in person. :(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 29 March 2007, 22:47:23 »

if the member did not feel confident in letting you work on his car (for whatever reason), then I guess that is his choice and should also be respected.  It may be an expensive car, his pride and joy etc etc.

I totally agree with this point,

BUT

It would have been nice to have not travelled 200 miles to find this out... if it were the case, I should have been told first, before we agreed I was going down. To decide he doesn't want me working on his car because "I look like a kid" is upsetting, and telling me that after putting in so much effort is hurtful and should NOT be respected!!

I don't want to contact anyone, I don't want to take it any further.. but I will definately learn from it, and be more selective about who I help out in future.

:'(
I don't really understand whats happened, and until I understand what has, I am reluctant to take 'sides'.

However, from the little I know, it seems the member's actions were unacceptable.  So you're young? So what? I'm jealous of your age.  If I may get personal for a moment, your head is too old for such a young man, so age isn't relevent anyway. And your experience is again enviable.
Grumpy old man

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29 March 2007, 22:52:59 »

I don't want anyone to take sides mate, I would hope we're all above that. I'm not going to do any personal name calling etc, I'm just very politely saying I feel let down by this occasion, and after some consideration, felt it would be good to share it with the community.

I'm just blowing a few gaskets, because I wasted my day and half a tank of optimax  ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.