Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Public apology...and a Rant...  (Read 3730 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Public apology...and a Rant...
« Reply #30 on: 29 March 2007, 22:55:00 »

I don't want anyone to take sides mate, I would hope we're all above that. I'm not going to do any personal name calling etc, I'm just very politely saying I feel let down by this occasion, and after some consideration, felt it would be good to share it with the community.

I'm just blowing a few gaskets, because I wasted my day and half a tank of optimax  ;)
You could have wasted a day over here, I'm sure I can find something to do.... ;)
Grumpy old man

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 29 March 2007, 23:00:12 »

........ and half a tank of optimax  ;)

[Homer] .........mmmmmmmmmmmm - Optimax.....  [/Homer]   ;D

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30 March 2007, 01:21:02 »

well the "unknown" member's behaviour sounds despicable to me.

From my (limited) dealings with James and observing his behaviour on the forums, I would concur with the general opinion that he is a very good mechanic and is (or was - but hopefully will remain) very helpful to others.

However, two points come to mind:

1) if you ask someone for help, you should judge them on their ability to do so ... not on their appearance, whether that be on their age, how they dress, or whatever. If you ask them to fix your car and they can't do the job, fair enough. But they should at least prove this to be the case - after all, if the person requesting help is that good then they should do the job themselves. It's standard practice in engineering fields that if you travel to a job and upon arrival you are not allowed to perform the job, then  a charge is made for the abortive visit. It's only fair as the engineer has incurred expenses (fuel, etc) to get to site in the first place.

It's much the same as intelligence level - this is actually defined as POTENTIAL for learning. So you could have a person of a given intelligence level who works hard and knows a certain amount, then another person who is more intelligent - but is lazy and doesn't use that potential - they could actually know less than the less intelligent person!!

Likewise with age - just because someone is older doesn't necessarily mean that they are more experience and/or skilled than someone who is younger!

2) There are bad apples everywhere. Whether through internet or real life ... good ol' fleabay is a good example - at the end of the day some people have no standards or scruples and are only interested in themselves, don't let them cloud your judgement. Personally I wouldn't go out of my way to help that particular person again, but why tar everyone with the same brush? Benefit of the doubt and all that, after all I'd say a lot of the good community spirit on here is built through trust. People putting themselves out to help others that are effectively strangers ... if no one takes that initial risk then a lot of problems wouldn't get solved !!!

hopefully I'm not rambling too much - don't let the bast*rds get you down James  :y

Ronald_McBurger

« Reply #33 on: 30 March 2007, 01:41:07 »

Having met James some time back, I can assure everyone here that he is athoroughly decent guy. Very competent and whoever this lowlife scudbucket is that wasted his time only to insult his intelligence, should be banned in my humble opinion.

NAME AND SHAME the git!

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 30 March 2007, 01:45:16 »

Ok guys, I was breathing fire when I started this thread..

I've calmed down,

Whilst I was really upset by what happened... mostly because it shook my confidence a bit... I'm not going to let it worry me or change anything

I'm still more than happy to lend a hand to any members of this forum who are genuine... so don't worry. In fact I think we should have another cambelt party in the next couple of months... maybe sooner, definately in the nicer weather....

This needs to be put to bed now.. I've (IMO rightly so) had my rant..Iand it's all over with

I'm not going anywhere... I was only talking about a break anyway, not leaving..

I'm not a trained mechanic, but I've gained a lot of experience on these Vx lumps, so if I can help, I will.

This thread is now closed, please don't post in it again :)

Cheers
James :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 30 March 2007, 09:03:57 »

I think thread has run its course, so closing now to prevent bad feeling dragging on... ...onwarda and upwards...
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.