Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: is it stealing?  (Read 3648 times)

alunonhisown

Re: is it stealing?
« Reply #60 on: 01 April 2010, 16:21:31 »

Why do I feel a knock at the door happening sometime soon?   :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

Turn the red light off then

That only comes on in the dark, pays my bills etc, so I need it on, thank you very much. ;D ;D ;D ;D

doog

• Omega Knight
  • Alloa Central Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 01 April 2010, 16:50:12 »

Why do I feel a knock at the door happening sometime soon?   :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

Turn the red light off then
roooooooooxaaaaaaaane   :)

Doug
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for
me at kick boxing

KW

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 01 April 2010, 16:56:32 »

I disagree. You asked a question - therefore by nature of this, you should expect replies.
If I ask a question, the only thing I would expect is the answer to the question.

If by the same token I asked the question, then added that I'd also like to hear people's opinions on what they thought of me, then I'd state just that.

Or are my meds causing me to take life far too literally?
« Last Edit: 01 April 2010, 16:58:32 by KW »
I know violence isn't the answer, I got it wrong on purpose.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 01 April 2010, 17:42:49 »

Question or not, regardless of what the question was.  This forum has started getting far too serious over threads.

Every one wants to make a point or voice an oppinion.

FFS if i had left my brand new sack barrow at a DIY store then I derserve to stand to it's loss, my only hope is that some old fella found it and made good use of it.

I agree with Steve, just be happy and keep posting one liners, why the hell has everything got to become so instence.  :-/
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 01 April 2010, 18:35:50 »

I disagree. You asked a question - therefore by nature of this, you should expect replies.
If I ask a question, the only thing I would expect is the answer to the question.

If by the same token I asked the question, then added that I'd also like to hear people's opinions on what they thought of me, then I'd state just that.

I definately see where you're coming from - but equally, I think by starting a topic - especially a subject such as this, on a public forum, it will by very nature, attract people to post their opinions.

Sometimes that may not be what people want to hear - but - as long as people are not threatening and offensive, I'd say they are entitled to speak their mind.

When I read the first post, I actually gave the chap the benefit of the doubt, EG they may not have realised it was a clear cut theft - and my reply was going to be along the lines of suggesting return of the item and learning from the mistake.

Upon reconsideration, I became mindful that the original poster had waited some time to see if anyone collected the item, before taking it, and it looked quite pre-meditated in my mind, at that point.

When the original poster then put another message on the board stating they'd kept £200 which belonged to someone else, at a cashpoint, I formed the opinion, bluntly, that they had comitted criminal activity, on both occasions.

Because the discussion was already all online - I felt entitled to add my personal opinion to the discussion. I have to be honest - my opinion is still the same, and I make no apologies for expressing it  :y

Threads go off on a tangent, that is a result of discussion, mixed knowledge and such - it's how a forum works... in my mind at least  :y

STMO999

« Reply #65 on: 01 April 2010, 18:41:25 »

I definately see where you're coming from - but equally, I think by starting a topic - especially a subject such as this, on a public forum, it will by very nature, attract people to post their opinions.

Sometimes that may not be what people want to hear - but - as long as people are not threatening and offensive, I'd say they are entitled to speak their mind.

When I read the first post, I actually gave the chap the benefit of the doubt, EG they may not have realised it was a clear cut theft - and my reply was going to be along the lines of suggesting return of the item and learning from the mistake.

Upon reconsideration, I became mindful that the original poster had waited some time to see if anyone collected the item, before taking it, and it looked quite pre-meditated in my mind, at that point.

When the original poster then put another message on the board stating they'd kept £200 which belonged to someone else, at a cashpoint, I formed the opinion, bluntly, that they had comitted criminal activity, on both occasions.

Because the discussion was already all online - I felt entitled to add my personal opinion to the discussion. I have to be honest - my opinion is still the same, and I make no apologies for expressing it  :y

Threads go off on a tangent, that is a result of discussion, mixed knowledge and such - it's how a forum works... in my mind at least  :y

I'd say that was rather well put, young James :y

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 01 April 2010, 18:56:26 »

Question or not, regardless of what the question was.  This forum has started getting far too serious over threads.

FFS if i had left my brand new sack barrow at a DIY store then I derserve to stand to it's loss, my only hope is that some old fella found it and made good use of it.

I agree with Steve, just be happy and keep posting one liners, why the hell has everything got to become so instence.  :-/

Mr Skruntie, well said and to a point  :y

If doug hadn't taken it then someone else would have. Whats done is done and it's all over with.
Vx Trade club card holder
Halfords trade card holder

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 01 April 2010, 19:03:03 »

Mr Skruntie, well said and to a point  :y

If doug hadn't taken it then someone else would have. Whats done is done and it's all over with.

Human nayure, you takes a chance, you get nicked, you dont get nicked.  ::)

Speeding, you get nicked, you dont get nicked.  it's a game of chance.

Can we go back to taking the wee wee out of everything now, am getting bored with this thread.  ::)
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 01 April 2010, 19:07:40 »

To be honest it is yes, but, would I have done the same thing? Yes. Like you say finders keepers  :y You did wait too and no one came so.
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

ChevetteNick

• Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 01 April 2010, 19:24:16 »

You didn't follow me through the checkout at IKEA a few years ago and pick up my mirror that i had left behind that the wife still reminds me about did you? :)

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 01 April 2010, 19:54:21 »

This evening i went to my local focus diy to get a couple of bits and bobs  while i was parking the car i noticed a sack barrow  in the car park
So i did my shopping and came out and the sack barrow was still there  in the car park brand new with labels still on it

I got in my car and moved to where the sack barrow was   and waited for about 15 mins to see if anyone would claim the barrow

It looks like someone has bought it  took it to their car and drove off without putting it in their car

so after 15 or so mins had past i put it in the boot of my astra thinking finders keepers etc..

on my way home my lad asked me "dad did you just steal that sack barrow" and it got me thinking

did i steal it?

Yes .. you knew it belonged to someone else and took it. Stealing . simple.  :(

But who did it belong to.

if he took it back to the store and handed it in, they would put it back on the shelf and resell it.

It is theirs by default, until someone can come along who can prove they bought it........

:y
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 01 April 2010, 20:05:24 »

Having a shouty arguement? Without me? Bastards!

Yeah lol I missed this one too.......

:y
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

KW

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 01 April 2010, 20:12:36 »

I'll always respect peoples right to have an opinion, and I will always defend that right even if I think they are talking shit.
The minute you start telling people how they should think (see Nu Labia and the tosspot PC brigade), we become the same communist state that we spent years trying to break for those east of Germany.

I agree, but this board seems to take the "nanny" bit too far sometimes.

I know violence isn't the answer, I got it wrong on purpose.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 01 April 2010, 23:17:41 »

If you find something by the roadside which you perceive should have an owner but has no identifying marks so you can return same personally to its owner, hand it into your local Police Office as found property and ensure you get a receipt.

Store the receipt and ensure that you dig it out again on the expiry of 6 months.

Return to the Police Station with said receipt and request previously lodged item which is now (lucky for you....) unclaimed by its rightfull owner.

Its now yours legally .......   ;)
« Last Edit: 01 April 2010, 23:20:18 by hotel21 »

STMO999

« Reply #74 on: 02 April 2010, 09:41:13 »

If you find something by the roadside which you perceive should have an owner but has no identifying marks so you can return same personally to its owner, hand it into your local Police Office as found property and ensure you get a receipt.

Store the receipt and ensure that you dig it out again on the expiry of 6 months.

Return to the Police Station with said receipt and request previously lodged item which is now (lucky for you....) unclaimed by its rightfull owner.

Its now yours legally .......   ;)

Unless someone at the station takes a shine to it. ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.