Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: the TC button on the Dashboard  (Read 1634 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: the TC button on the Dashboard
« Reply #15 on: 21 November 2007, 22:18:14 »

I disagree.   .......

This was one particular occasion. As you already know I hate the bloody thing ...  on or off with nothing in between .... I was trying to turn right out onto the main road through the slush at the side of it, also going slightly up hill. I wasn't going anywhere fast or slow. TC had turned the loud pedal off to extent that my foot was all the way to the floor. You say I should've backed off ..... TC had poked its nose in at the start with next to f*** all throttle, I'd nothing to back off from. Turned TC off & I moved!!! Slipping & sliding but at least I was moving. There's too much reliance on electrical intervention in cars (....... ABS excluded! ) And Omegas are relatively numb compared to what's on offer in new cars, stability control, emergency brake assist etc etc

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 November 2007, 22:24:19 »

I disagree.   .......

This was one particular occasion. As you already know I hate the bloody thing ...  on or off with nothing in between .... I was trying to turn right out onto the main road through the slush at the side of it, also going slightly up hill. I wasn't going anywhere fast or slow. TC had turned the loud pedal off to extent that my foot was all the way to the floor. You say I should've backed off ..... TC had poked its nose in at the start with next to f*** all throttle, I'd nothing to back off from. Turned TC off & I moved!!! Slipping & sliding but at least I was moving. There's too much reliance on electrical intervention in cars (....... ABS excluded! ) And Omegas are relatively numb compared to what's on offer in new cars, stability control, emergency brake assist etc etc
Thats why. User error ;)

Once the TC decides its no longer wheelspinning, as its stopped the spin (but cutting power), it stops cutting power. So you now have the full 200bhp, obvious wheelspin, TC cuts in all over again. Only it does it several times a second.  Similar principle to ABS - cut the braking power until not on verge of skidding, reapply full braking power from pedal, start skidding again, cut braking power etc etc. Again, several times a sec.
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 November 2007, 22:46:32 »

I disagree.   .......

Thats why. User error ;)

Once the TC decides its no longer wheelspinning, as its stopped the spin (but cutting power), it stops cutting power. So you now have the full 200bhp, obvious wheelspin, TC cuts in all over again. Only it does it several times a second.  Similar principle to ABS - cut the braking power until not on verge of skidding, reapply full braking power from pedal, start skidding again, cut braking power etc etc. Again, several times a sec.

Read further ......  ;) I'd already done that.
TC error!! As charged!  ;D  ;D  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 17 queries.