Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: oh no! my damn car wont start, advice needed chaps  (Read 2126 times)

Wayne

Re: oh no! my damn car wont start, advice needed chaps
« Reply #30 on: 01 March 2009, 22:38:03 »

the Green Flag bloke said there wasnt any spark, and he diagnosed crank sensor..... but he wasnt 100% sure like i said earlier in this post

why oh why -  cars been running great up until now

Wayne

« Reply #31 on: 01 March 2009, 22:41:13 »

got my mechanic friends mate coming round Tuesday, he`s an Auto Electrician bloke, got all the computer stuff in the back of his van...
hopefullly he can find out what the prob is,  said he only charging me £20 call out

none of you know me on here, but i really am CRAP with Cars  :-[

Chris_H

• Omega Knight
  • E London/Essex UK
    • Jag XF Portfolio S 3.0D
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 01 March 2009, 23:03:08 »

...but i really am CRAP with Cars...

Looks like you could be out of the woods but...

If you should do the fuel rail thing then the sparky test I suggest you leave a respectable time gap in a well-ventilated area between those two experiments!
First Vauxhall - PABX Cresta; Previous, previous Vauxhall - 3.0 12v Senator CD; Previous Vauxhall Omega Elite 3.0V6 Saloon Auto

Wayne

« Reply #33 on: 02 March 2009, 17:36:11 »

Ouch    :'(

my cars being fixed this Thursday
total bill will be £154
its definitely the crank sensor,
the auto mechanic confirmed this with his fancy gadgetry
the above bill is for the callout, the new part and the labour to do it

oh well.... S**t happens

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02 March 2009, 18:19:46 »

Remember this is a 25 grand car that is eleven years old.  You can't expect it to be fault free,  or the repairs to cost tuppence.. ;)

Hope its sorted anyway :y

Wayne

« Reply #35 on: 02 March 2009, 18:39:19 »

i know mate, just remembering when i bought it, what a great day that was... now the thing has a bit of rust, the drivers side rear passenger door has its trim coming away for the 2nd time in a year!
spent a fortune on this car because i couldnt afford to buy another car.... and now its probably worth next to nothing...

i may have to get a brand new BMW from my stepdads work, though its a scheme where every 9 months you get a new car, so its never really yours....  starting costs are about £250 a month i think
but with that, at least everything is taken care of, tax, servicing, insurance etc

got some deciding to do

blue_dream

• Wellingborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02 March 2009, 20:45:02 »

Hi
   Code 12, just the start of the test leave this, but code 31 i believe is the mass air flow sencer, voltage to high,( please correct me guys)
  I believe i had this code, car would turn over, popping through exhurst but not fire, I change crank sencer 10 minutes, use a piece of string to do this which i first thought was the problem no good, contacted the form, was told to disconnect the main air flow sencer connection, the one on the side, then start the car, if it runs ok turn off then reconnect if the problem exist, theirs your problem, i stole my air flow meter of my dads car to confirm as well, i've been using his for the past two weeks, i had a phone call today WHERES MY AIR FLOW SENCER!!, has anyone got one spare  :-[ :-[ :-[

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 02 March 2009, 21:58:54 »

Hi
   Code 12, just the start of the test leave this, but code 31 i believe is the mass air flow sencer, voltage to high,( please correct me guys)
  I believe i had this code, car would turn over, popping through exhurst but not fire, I change crank sencer 10 minutes, use a piece of string to do this which i first thought was the problem no good, contacted the form, was told to disconnect the main air flow sencer connection, the one on the side, then start the car, if it runs ok turn off then reconnect if the problem exist, theirs your problem, i stole my air flow meter of my dads car to confirm as well, i've been using his for the past two weeks, i had a phone call today WHERES MY AIR FLOW SENCER!!, has anyone got one spare  :-[ :-[ :-[
31 is not MAF. MAF is 73/74.  31 is no RPM signal
Grumpy old man

Welung666

« Reply #38 on: 02 March 2009, 21:59:12 »

31 = no RPM signal (I.E. not runnng) :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 02 March 2009, 22:01:53 »

i know mate, just remembering when i bought it, what a great day that was... now the thing has a bit of rust, the drivers side rear passenger door has its trim coming away for the 2nd time in a year!
spent a fortune on this car because i couldnt afford to buy another car.... and now its probably worth next to nothing...

i may have to get a brand new BMW from my stepdads work, though its a scheme where every 9 months you get a new car, so its never really yours....  starting costs are about £250 a month i think
but with that, at least everything is taken care of, tax, servicing, insurance etc

got some deciding to do
If thats for a proper BMW, probably not too bad. If its for Mini (I guess it is, seeing as they are round the corner).

When Mrs TheBoy worked at Cowley (initially in Austen Rover, then laterly Rover days), we had the those schemes. Used to be around £150 though for R7 type 200s, 400s, then Focus (piece of shit) once Ford took over parts of the company.
Grumpy old man

Wayne

« Reply #40 on: 08 March 2009, 23:23:08 »

cars been fixed, had new crank sensor fitted, took the mobile mechanic bloke 35 minutes......£174 !!!!  Grrrrrr
he did me a favour and moved the new crank sensor to somewhere more accessible (as advised by The Boy...thanks mate)

now starts first time everytime! lol

am i getting the placebo effect, or would my car perform better now?
it seems a bit nippier and a bit pokier.... or am i imagining it?

« Last Edit: 08 March 2009, 23:24:33 by Wayne »

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 08 March 2009, 23:39:49 »

cars been fixed, had new crank sensor fitted, took the mobile mechanic bloke 35 minutes...... £174 !!!!  Grrrrrr
he did me a favour and moved the new crank sensor to somewhere more accessible (as advised by The Boy...thanks mate)

now starts first time everytime! lol

am i getting the placebo effect, or would my car perform better now?
it seems a bit nippier and a bit pokier.... or am i imagining it?

:o £50 for the part and £124 for fitting :'(
Retired

Wayne

« Reply #42 on: 08 March 2009, 23:42:19 »

in the end, it was a standard £40 call out, £78 for the part and £56 for fitting it....  :'(
i saw the receipts for the part, so he didnt do me, or maybe they did him   ;D

oh.....and Pete,  would a new part give me an improvement in "nippiness" ??    lol
« Last Edit: 08 March 2009, 23:46:46 by Wayne »

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 08 March 2009, 23:58:39 »

Ouch    :'(

my cars being fixed this Thursday
total bill will be £154
its definitely the crank sensor,
the auto mechanic confirmed this with his fancy gadgetry
the above bill is for the callout, the new part and the labour to do it

oh well.... S**t happens

£150 pheww a genuine VX sensor is £50! £100 to sit under a car for five mins im in the wrong job!

yes rerouting the sensor should solve the problem of the sensor failing usually the get damaged by the exhaust manifold

Yes the sensor will improve things with the cars general running it is one of the most important sensors in the engine so if its giving dud info performance will be affected
« Last Edit: 09 March 2009, 00:00:26 by tmx »

Tawfield

• Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 09 March 2009, 00:29:29 »

Thanks for the feed back Wayne,was goiing to buy a crankshaft sensor just in case,and was given the price for two differant parts £70 something for one £50 for the second,was told that to ensure I get the right one remove the one fitted, waiting for my nipper to to check it out for me.  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.